Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Dmarcotte
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Jan 2015, 12:19 pm

Good Morning All,
I am hoping you can help me out with an opinion.

I want to expand what I offer on my website for parent of teens and young adults, but I am not sure what parents would find most helpful.

This would be a free giveaway. Can you take a moment and let me know what you would find most helpful?

1. Short Guide to choosing a college for autistic students
2. Short guide to finding financial aid for autistic students
3. List of top 25 colleges for autistic students
4. Other - I welcome any additional ideas.

Thanks for your help on this.

Odetta
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jan 2015, 4:00 pm

Yes to all of it.

I'd also like to know specifically what kinds of services are offered that sets it apart from the NT college experience. Does the IEP from high school carry over?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 4:40 pm

I think an index of services offered, special distinctions that make a school "Asperger's friendly", etc would be the most useful.

I like the idea of a top 25 list, although since ASD individuals obviously vary, that is a really subjective distinction. Still, it would give you a place to start with providing the type of index noted above, which will help future students understand what some of the criteria are and what to ask about for schools not on the list.

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2015, 7:13 pm

I think all of those options would prove beneficial for an Aspie getting ready for college. As a current student, I would have like to take a look at something like that to see what Aspie friendly colleges were in my home state.

Dmarcotte
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Jan 2015, 2:17 pm

Thanks everyone for your input - I am actually going to do all three eventually, but I wasn't sure which would be best to start with.

I think I will start with the top 25 colleges and then do the "how to choose a college"

Financial Aid is a pretty big subject so it will take me longer to do it justice.