Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

aurea
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2007, 3:39 pm

I got a phone call on Friday morning from a member of my sons autism evaluation team. She wanted to know if everything was ok, because apparently I missed THE appointment!! !! Huh! What appointment I said no one told me, I have been waiting not to patiently for someone to call me and make this appointment with me.
Apparently the appointment was for Monday the 26th at 11.30, dam. I wasnt told. So now I have to wait till this next Monday for her to call me to make a new time. Apparently this is the appointment when, everyone involved in J's evaluation sit around and discuss their findings and what needs to happen now.
She wouldn't give me any info over the phone, she said everyone needs to be there.
I am so frustrated, I was cranky after the call for a while, but I've told myself I didn't know about that meeting but now I know we are nearly at an answer. She tells me J is in good hands I appear to be doing everything right, it's now a mater of working out what interventions can be put in place for the transition from grade 2 to 3 and what help they can provide for J's anxiety. ( I dont want J on meds) I think his anxiety would lessen if people knew ( his school) how to accomodate him. Does anyone else know what I should expect at this meeting? Are the reports and recommendations written or do they come after this? Is the diagnoses given then or is that to decided at the meeting? Info and fedback would be great I want to be well prepared we have been waiting so long now.

ster
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2007, 5:09 pm

if it's what i think it is, then the meeting is to discuss the outcomes of the testing & yes, you'll get a dx by the end of the meeting. the reason they want everyone there, is so that if you have questions about a certain outcome or don't understand some of the data, then they can explain it to you