Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

aurea
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 2:26 pm

My son (J 9yrs old AS) and I were sitting in a government office the other day, waiting for this very hairy but friendly official to get back to us with some paper work he wanted me to fill out.
J turns to me when the guy was away from the desk (thank goodness) and asks me "mum is he single?" Huh 8O why do you ask that I say.
"Well he is a nice man and he shouldn't be single." Where the heck did this come from? Lol. I tell him I dont know honey. "Mum can you ask him?" No! 8O :oops: "why cant you ask him?" Umm cause he would think I wanted to date him. silence........"Well maybe you should!" :lol: :lol: :lol: By the time this man got back I couldn't look him in the face any more.

I just thought I'd share......The things these kids come out with really makes you wonder what is going on inside their heads lol. :D

ster
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 3:03 pm

ah, yes.......i remember when my son was 3 & we saw a teenage girl walking on the sidewalk. her hair was shocking pink....son thought this was hysterical and yelled and pointed, " look at the clown !" ( he really did think it was a clown). the poor girl scowled at us and kept walking....i tried not to burst out laughting

Nvr2l8
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jan 2008, 3:07 pm

They really take the cake for funny stuff. My 7 year old was in preschool and used to strip naked to, um, "sit down to use the restroom". He was in there for quite a while so the teacher knocked, he said "come in" and there he was, perched on the toilet, naked as a jaybird except for his socks. The teacher asked him "why are you sitting there wearing your socks?" and he said (in a tone that basically said that he thought she was an idiot) "because my feet are cold!".

Classic! :D

Beth

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 3:22 pm

My son keeps pointing out Genies (people with Turbans).

I've tried telling him that they're not Genies but how can I compete with the likes of Aladdin and all the other shows where anyone wearing a turban really is a genie?

Nvr2l8
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jan 2008, 3:29 pm

gbollard wrote:
My son keeps pointing out Genies (people with Turbans).

I've tried telling him that they're not Genies but how can I compete with the likes of Aladdin and all the other shows where anyone wearing a turban really is a genie?

Oh that's PRICELESS! We had an issue with a young gentleman in the supermarket when gfg1 was about 1.5 yrs. he started yelling that he'd seen a chocolate man. I apologized profusely and this guy was sooo nice to my son. He smiled and said that was probably the nicest thing he'd EVER been called but don't tell his wife he was chocolate or he'd disappear. My son made a wide-eyed promise that he'd NEVER tell!

Tortuga
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 3:40 pm

Aurea, I love it :D

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 3:57 pm

omg, those are priceless.

The only kidism my son had that was really funny was saying, "dusty" for "fat". It was a misinterpretation from a movie-a cartoon man is staring at a female with his tongue hanging out and swelling and the female says, "Your tongue is getting dusty!" He thought she was referring to his fat tongue. So, after that for about a year, he would refer to "dusty women". We didn't bother to correct him, outside of asking him not to point. :wink:

SoccerFreak
Toucan
Toucan

22 Jan 2008, 5:17 pm

well I like 7 or something... and I just vaguely found out what "senior citizen" meant. So I look around and see a couple about 40ish(definatly not old) and I pointed and yelled out:

"HEY LOOK!! !! SENIOR CITIZENS!! !!"

the couple were not too thrilled.

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 9:56 pm

Ah, my lovely 6 yr old, when he was still 5 went to the pediatrician. As he is not fully verbal, it's funny when he says things that honestly are a bit useless...as opposed to things which might be more useful in everyday conversation...

So, the pediatrician says..."COUGH"...Kiddo just stares at her...he has no idea what she's said...so again she says..."COUGH"...and again, he just stares at her...so finally, she says..."COUGH LIKE THIS...(and she coughs)"...Kiddo looks
her straight in the eyes and says ... "YOU SOUND LIKE SH...T!"

Ah, lovely, just lovely. Nobody said a word. No laughing, no speaking.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2008, 2:07 am

We used to take my eldest child to the family doctor who was Indian and my wife, who was pregnant with our second child was seeing a gynecologist, who was also Indian.

so anyway... we were walking through a shopping center and passed a group of Indian people chatting away.

my son shouted... "hey look ... doctors!"