A hug for any parents that want it.

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 12:53 am

http://www.quotehug.com/

I know what you have to deal with in raising AS children can be frustrating. I wanted to let you all know that I appreciate the fact that you do your best to help the kids you have and that if you ever need a hug or someone to pray for you that I am always willing to listen.

Mum2ASDboy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 3:18 am

Aww thank you :) Hugs are rare for me :(

oblekis
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Apr 2008, 7:08 am

Just wanted to say thanks. It is nice to come on this site and see you offering hugs to everyone, you are a really sweet person. I hope all is going well with you these days.
Heres some cool news on my son....he turned 5 on April 1st, and yesterday for the first time since he was 18 months old (when he lost his words he did have) HE said "MOM"! !! It was so wonderful to hear his sweet voice! He said it atleast 20 times yesterday. So this morning I asked him who I am....He smiled and laughed...then said "MOM". I just melted right there on the spot. Then I come on line to this website, and you are offering hugs! My son and you made my morning wonderful!

Have a great day,
Marcia

jelibean
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 7:54 am

Awwwww h uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuug gratefully accepted!! Feel better now! THANK YOU SO MUCH.
Hugs back! :wink:
Parents need Praise! :wink:

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 8:23 pm

Mum2ASDboy wrote:
Aww thank you :) Hugs are rare for me :(

You're very welcome.

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 8:24 pm

oblekis wrote:
Just wanted to say thanks. It is nice to come on this site and see you offering hugs to everyone, you are a really sweet person. I hope all is going well with you these days.
Heres some cool news on my son....he turned 5 on April 1st, and yesterday for the first time since he was 18 months old (when he lost his words he did have) HE said "MOM"! !! It was so wonderful to hear his sweet voice! He said it atleast 20 times yesterday. So this morning I asked him who I am....He smiled and laughed...then said "MOM". I just melted right there on the spot. Then I come on line to this website, and you are offering hugs! My son and you made my morning wonderful!

Have a great day,
Marcia

Why thank you. Now you'll have to offer him a hug, too.

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 8:27 pm

jelibean wrote:
Awwwww h uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuug gratefully accepted!! Feel better now! THANK YOU SO MUCH.
Hugs back! :wink:
Parents need Praise! :wink:

I think sometimes parents are treated a little like their autistic children are. The hard times the child has interacting with the world are sometimes seen as making the children broken and the parents are treated like they broke the kid.

That is just not right at all :(

jelibean
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 2:44 am

You are soooo right morning after. Parents are treated like the kids a lot of the time. But then a lot of parents are on the spectrum too and don't know it! Grrrr makes me FUMING. Hugs and kindness are FREE! What is the PROBLEM...........................or is it those on the spectrum making it worse for those of us on it as well! Mmmmm there are some nasty pieces of work out there and none more so than SOME spectrum adults! OOOH AND YES I AM A SPECTRUM ADULT TOO .......................... some that I have met are awful! You would PAY not to hug them!

HUGS FOR EVERYONE THIS MORNING THOUGH! X :wink:

Lets BLAME the parents!! Easy way to go...................NOT A PROFESSIONAL problem of course!! ! Grrrrrrrrrrrr :roll:

LadyMahler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Apr 2008, 1:28 pm

Wow, this is a great idea. I'm not a kid, but an adult aspie but I am offering big, bear-like hugs to all you parents out there too, for just hanging out on this forum which is really aspie space. You are very cool. One day, when your kids are bigger, they will be better with the hugging, just hang in there...

{HUUUUUUG}

jelibean
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 1:35 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: OOoooohhhhh that was a biggie LadyMahler!! ! Thanks so much. Hugs are sooooo goooooood especially when they are the big strong armed ones!!

Hug a day keeps the psychiatrist AWAY!

MWAH AND HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG BACK TO ANYONE THAT NEEDS ONE! :wink:

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 4:17 pm

jelibean wrote:
You are soooo right morning after. Parents are treated like the kids a lot of the time. But then a lot of parents are on the spectrum too and don't know it! Grrrr makes me FUMING. Hugs and kindness are FREE! What is the PROBLEM...........................or is it those on the spectrum making it worse for those of us on it as well! Mmmmm there are some nasty pieces of work out there and none more so than SOME spectrum adults! OOOH AND YES I AM A SPECTRUM ADULT TOO .......................... some that I have met are awful! You would PAY not to hug them!

HUGS FOR EVERYONE THIS MORNING THOUGH! X :wink:

Lets BLAME the parents!! Easy way to go...................NOT A PROFESSIONAL problem of course!! ! Grrrrrrrrrrrr :roll:

Hug to you, too, jelibean

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 4:19 pm

LadyMahler wrote:
Wow, this is a great idea. I'm not a kid, but an adult aspie but I am offering big, bear-like hugs to all you parents out there too, for just hanging out on this forum which is really aspie space. You are very cool. One day, when your kids are bigger, they will be better with the hugging, just hang in there...

{HUUUUUUG}

And they can show they love you without hugging you

LadyMahler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Apr 2008, 12:19 am

Quote:
And they can show they love you without hugging you

Yes, I'm sure the parents hanging out here knows that, but it is not about questioning their love, it is about the parent needing a hug from their kid, because that is the parents' language. Sometimes, it is not all about us ;)

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 12:23 am

I'm hugging you.

LadyMahler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Apr 2008, 1:32 am

Grouphug!! ! 8O Ok, that's enough. lol.

jelibean
Veteran