Page 12 of 16 [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

SimpleSaga
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Jul 2009, 2:31 am

I play Runescape about once in a blue moon - my username is Rose Ingall.

I'm pretty sure that I'm only level 3 in the game, but I have a higher woodcutting level because I want to make money before I start doing stuff on there.

SimpleSaga
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Jul 2009, 2:40 am

DolcetTones wrote:
By way of bringing this thread BTTT, I'd like to ask if any fellow Aspies find the social aspects of Runescape a little overwhelming at times.

What is there on Runescape for an Aspie to find overwhelming? (I'm asking because I seriously want to know.)

It's over the internet, so there is no eye contact or non-verbal cues (unless you count the emotes that you can do for fun). The person who got me started with Runescape has Asperger's Syndrome and he has plenty of friends in the game - he's never made any indication that he's found any of it overwhelming.

--R

SimpleSaga
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Jul 2009, 2:40 am

Followthereaper90 wrote:
i would like runescape ..unfortunally if u dont log in for 2 weeks poof your hero is gone :<

That's not true. I quit for over a month and came back to find my man exactly as I left him.

DolcetTones
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jul 2009, 6:46 am

Quote:
What is there on Runescape for an Aspie to find overwhelming? (I'm asking because I seriously want to know.)

People talking to you when all you want to do is some OCD-style activity to build levels - that's one example that springs to mind. I deactivate public chat most of the time.

SimpleSaga
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Jul 2009, 4:04 am

Sea_of_Saiyan,

How did you become a mod? :o

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2009, 3:27 am

been obsessed with mobilising armys over the past few days :D

Sea_of_Saiyan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jul 2009, 3:26 pm

DolcetTones wrote:
By way of bringing this thread BTTT, I'd like to ask if any fellow Aspies find the social aspects of Runescape a little overwhelming at times.

I've gained loads of confidence while I've been away and I highly doubt that I'm Aspie now, but I'll answer your question anyway:

No - as bad as this might sound, Runescape was more of a social life for me than the real world while I was still in school. In fact, I talk to people at least 90% of the time that I'm online and playing. I've also led several social groups and clans and I hold a high position in one at the moment.

Being a somewhat high level with a few skillcapes, I get loads of random people who come up to me and want help, and I actually have found that I enjoy helping them out.

SimpleSaga wrote:
Sea_of_Saiyan,

How did you become a mod? Surprised

I logged into the game one day and found that I had a new unread message on the Jagex message center. I read the message and found that I had been invited to become a moderator, and after some serious consideration I accepted the invite.

Seriously though, I hate getting this question because it implies that I was actually doing something to try to become a moderator. >_>

Really, I was just very active on the Runescape forums: I followed all of the rules, helped people in the Quest and Skill forums once in a while, responded to suggestions with constructive feedback, never flamed other posters, and I created threads of my own about game content for fun. Ingame, I suppose it also helped that I kept my account secure, reported people I saw breaking rules and was courteous to everyone I met.

Not at one point did I try to become a mod - all of this just came naturally to me and I played the game for fun (and still do).

Feel free to add me ingame if you have any more questions (if you haven't already).

~Saiyan

black_legion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jul 2009, 4:30 am

if anyone is getting their mage level up, a great website to look at is alchprices.com it scans the GE telling you what you can alch for profit or no cost. i reccommend buying Granite Helms and Dragon halberds for the prices indicated on the Website, unless the price goes up...

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2009, 11:25 am

black_legion wrote:
if anyone is getting their mage level up, a great website to look at is alchprices.com it scans the GE telling you what you can alch for profit or no cost. i reccommend buying Granite Helms and Dragon halberds for the prices indicated on the Website, unless the price goes up...

sounds like an interesting site, ill have to check it out later tonight :D

black_legion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Aug 2009, 7:19 pm

well, thanks i've found it extremely useful, over the last couple of weeks make sure you vote for them on the top 100 website links because then you can access the full page

roguetech
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Aug 2009, 2:36 am

Roguetek

1726 total levels at present.

DGSunshineFD
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Sep 2009, 11:47 am

Signing up today. Hope to like it. Maybe I'll meet someone there.

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 11:53 am

i really need to update my membership. stupid paypal wont accept my bank details :(

luvmycutebaby
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Sep 2009, 2:16 pm

This is one of my favorite games but now that I'm not a member I don't really play anymore. That and I don't have as much time as I used to. But now my bank is over full from all my members stuff so if I take anything out I can't put it back in. Plus all the fun stuff was in the member's world. What I like about the game is that you can choose which skills you want to build up and there is such a variety of stuff to choose from, even on the free worlds.

My family got really into guild wars for a while and even though the graphics are much better I just didn't like it as much because you can't choose what you do. You just do the quests and that's about it. I am not a fan of the quests, I like to be able to choose what I do.

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2009, 9:33 pm

I don't like it, the community is full of mean 7th graders and the graphics suck. I play Istaria. Istaria has a small fanbase but everyone is nice and you can be a dragon. nobody there can be considered a casual, normal person and thats what I like. Surprisingly, I make good friends pretty easily in that game. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o52mjvNmK-E&feature=related[/youtube] My bro was addicted to runescape for years. My neighbors as well. What makes it so good?

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 9:33 am

back on members! getting range up to 70 by killing blue dragons atm. my rs name is "mystik rag3" (terrible name i know) btw for those who haven't added me already, it was in my sig dunno what happened to that, musta deleted it :S

@ShenLong : Its great and mostly friendly community, a wide variety of quests, skills, dungeons, areas, minigames and all kinds of activities, frequent updates by a dedicated team who keep in contact and are very much involved with the rs community are imho among the many things that make runescape a great game :D