Page 13 of 90 [ 1434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 90  Next

Scrollin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Sep 2010, 6:50 am

Saints Row 2... It's GTA 4 on crack. :)

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2010, 8:31 am

Quote:
Playing through the British Forces campaign

For the lolz play the British against a US Marine Force and watch the fireworks begin. Blue on blue conflict is so much more even then blowing up arabs with second rate soviet equipment.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2010, 11:33 am

Laz wrote:
Quote:
Playing through the British Forces campaign

For the lolz play the British against a US Marine Force and watch the fireworks begin. Blue on blue conflict is so much more even then blowing up arabs with second rate soviet equipment.

NATO module soon for hot Blue on Blue action. :) It's very interesting the different ways that the three current Blue sides have to be played.

Scrollin wrote:
Saint's Row 2... It's GTA 4 on crack.

Yeah, I loved that game, it was ridiculous. GTA4 was underwhelming.

(edit) And I should say, TURMS and Vampirs aren't to be treated lightly! If anything CM:SF teaches a great respect for some of the Syrian kit - Chally and Abrams are pretty much invulnerable over the frontal arc, but it's a narrow arc. And stuff like Strykers, yeesh, keep 'em well back. :) It'll be interesting to see how the Spike etc. compare with the Javelin.

The year is still young.

Last edited by Ambivalence on 11 Sep 2010, 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IndispensablePG
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Sep 2010, 2:07 pm

Currently playing Alundra. Classic game.

drybones
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Sep 2010, 2:15 pm

assassin's creed 2

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2010, 2:35 pm

Quote:
NATO module soon for hot Blue on Blue action. Smile It's very interesting the different ways that the three current Blue sides have to be played.

Yeah I like some of the new hardware that will come with that expansion. Will make for a more interesting mix. You definatly have to be more cautious as a Brit player, if you do Brits vs Marines your in for a world of pain against the kind of firepower they can bring to bare. Then its back to normandy soon, been too long a wait for me.

I suck at CMSF compared to the old CM's though

Currently playing Minecraft....A new addiction its like crack this game. Just what I need a new sandbox game to finnish off my meager social life

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2010, 3:22 pm

Laz wrote:
Yeah I like some of the new hardware that will come with that expansion. Will make for a more interesting mix. You definatly have to be more cautious as a Brit player, if you do Brits vs Marines your in for a world of pain against the kind of firepower they can bring to bare. Then its back to normandy soon, been too long a wait for me.

I suck at CMSF compared to the old CM's though

Heh. I find myself a bit more aggressive with some of the British vehicles, at least against Red - they're generally a bit better vs RPGs than the US ones. Warriors suck in the firepower department, though, and I hate Scimitars with a burning (literally, most of the time someone breathes on them) passion. :) There's a weird little thing (Wiesel) in the German trailer video, some kind of old-school tankette. Looks a bit Scimitar-y. :) And yeah, Normandy soon - I loved the old CMs, didn't like CM:SF when it came out but I've really changed my mind on the strength of the Marines and British modules - looking forward to the new mix-and-match random map system promised for CM:N, should make quick battles fun again. And Afghanistan sometime in the week. It's like Christmas. :)

The year is still young.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2010, 6:29 pm

Combat Mission : Afghanistan, downloading, squeee! :lol:

The year is still young.

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 9:48 pm

Halo: Reach

Groltag
Raven
Raven

16 Sep 2010, 12:01 pm

I was playing Halo: Reach but I was disapointed with it.

So now I am going to be playing through Mass effect 1 and 2 again!

myusername
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Sep 2010, 2:31 pm

Resident evil 8) and uncharted 2 Among Thieves

Last edited by myusername on 20 Sep 2010, 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GabrielleDara
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Sep 2010, 4:27 pm

I'm playing Perfect World right now. Its a free online game. I am stuck with a dish and it's still playable.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2010, 5:48 pm

Ambivalence wrote:
Combat Mission : Afghanistan, downloading, squeee! :lol:

Thats next after I give Civ 5 a go this weekend

Currently playing

Minecraft, this game is more addictive then crack 8O

Seattle_Chris
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Sep 2010, 10:07 pm

I've been playing Lord of the Rings Online again. It's gotten lots better. I play on Crickhollow, an unofficial roleplay server. Though it's gone free to play like DDO, so lots of smegg heads in the lower level areas, but all in all, I'm having a good time in it. :)

Talis
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Sep 2010, 10:07 pm

I'm playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 for PS3 right now. I'm not sure why, but I think I like being abused and Ninja Gaiden definitely does that. I'm still learning the ropes but I'm pretty sure I'm learning :)

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2010, 5:18 am

CM: Afghanistan, about halfway through the second campaign. I'm plagued by bugs - there's an openGL error that gives me a CTD every ten minutes on some maps, meaning I have to save all the time, meaning I'm faced with the unresolvable problem of sometimes knowing where those sneaky Muj are hiding out in advance. Annoying more for that reason than for the hassle of the crashes.
It plays quite differently to CM: SF, it's more heavily infantry focussed, and generally quite poorly equipped and supplied infantry at that; rarely enough ammunition, rarely night vision when you need it, and casualties carry over unrealistically between some scenarios when it makes no sense for them to do so. The campaigns feel a bit random and unpolished, with very arbitrary rewards for different scenarios (and some ridiculous objectives: "you have a dismounted and low strength company with no satchel charges or marksmen, your weapons platoon have little ammunition, please secure this large and very heavily defended village whose only approaches are over a large mined open area covered by snipers") Fun, but could do with some heavy tweaking. ^^

Also Gratuitous Space Battles, and waiting for Civ 5, which is only released at the end of the week here, boo hiss.

The year is still young.