Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Psiri
Toucan
Toucan

22 Jan 2013, 6:21 pm

They were puzzle/platform games on the old 8-bit and 16-bit machines. I only ask because I've made one!

If no-one minds the plug, you can find a whole bunch of Dizzy fan games at http://www.yolkfolk.com/dizzyage/index.html

It's not my site or anything, but my game is called Dizzy vs. The Snow Queen. I think it's pretty good, if I do say so myself. :)

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 7:34 pm

It's before my time, but I've studied enough on it to know. Image from Treasure Island Dizzy to help a bit... theres plenty videos out there as well

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

Psiri
Toucan
Toucan

23 Jan 2013, 10:01 am

Mine's looks a bit better than that.

For me, the seminal title was MagicLand Dizzy. You can get all the originals on the fansite too.

Lenoh
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jan 2013, 5:21 am

I saw this topic and was like "This is either going to be about the egg dude or the 3 year old winged girl"

And I was right. :D

Never played the Dizzy games, and from what I hear from Yahtzee Croshaw, never want to. I'd like to keep my hair unripped and my controllers unbroken :lol:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 3:00 pm

I remember seeing ads for the NES on TV when I was still a teenager. I've never played it but there's a fellow under the username of whoisthisgit on YT, who put together a playlist of the weakest video game characters in history including this game and watching it made me know I should never attempt to play it with my low frustration tolerance. He barely touches water and dies instantly, or he gets lightly touched by an enemy with a full health bar and it drains completely, killing him. Wall torches on background screens are harmless in most games, but Dizzy touches one and he literally becomes fried. I know he's an egg and all, but eggs are both strong AND fragile. He also looks hard to control, possibly because he's slightly off-balance hence his name, or the way he rolls around in egg fashion. Poor Dizzy must have an inner-ear disorder... except that he doesn't have ears at all! :lol:

Entek
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Jan 2013, 12:25 pm

Back in the day, these games made you a great gamer. You needed skill, intelligence and the patience of a saint in order to complete them.

These days its all shooting and jumping on stuff - sad to think my brainpower from my youth is wasted on going the other way round the map to shoot ppl in the back huh.

Uranus
Toucan
Toucan

05 Feb 2013, 11:50 am

I've had most of the Dizzy games. I was a fan when i was a kid. I played them on Spectrum +2 and then on the Amiga 600.

Games i've had...

Dizzy
Treasure Island Dizzy
Fantasy World Dizzy
Magicland Dizzy
Dizzy 3 and a half: Into Magicland.
Spellbound Dizzy
Dizzy Prince of the Yolkfolk
Fantastic Dizzy
Crystal Kingdom Dizzy

Dizzy Spin-Off games i've played...
Fast Food
Kwik Snax
Dizzy Panic!
Bubble Dizzy
Dizzy Down the Rapids

The only one i haven't played is... Go! Dizzy Go.

Psiri
Toucan
Toucan

05 Feb 2013, 1:10 pm

I played most of the main titles. Magicland was the best. By then, they'd got the difficulty level about right - the first game you didn't even have an energy bar, the monsters killed you with one touch!