I need your opinion on S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Fibbox
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Nov 2014, 5:08 am

So irecently finished Shadow of Chernobyl and i really want to play another STALKER game, but i hear that Clear Sky is the least good among critics and fans and as such i'm in doubt whether i should play it or not.

I'm gonna give a few questions that could help decide to buy it or not:

Is there something in this game that the others in the series don't have?

Does it have the same amount of depth as the other games? Because i hear it has less that the other two.

Is the bandit radio music in Call of Pripyat?

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 11:52 am

I tried and failed to run it. I hear it is even buggier than the other STALKER games.

geometrictunneling
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Nov 2014, 11:58 am

It's awesome, I've played over 80 hours and its my favorite game in the series. Because the gun play is a lot better then Shadow of Chernobyl and the same as Call of Pripyat but the world is bigger and game is longer then both.

I really did enjoy it.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 7:57 am

Wait for a sale? I got all of the STALKER sequels super cheap when their company went out of business =( I know Steam is having a huge sale on almost everything right now...don't they usually have another huge sale at New Years'?

I haven't played it yet, because I haven't beaten the first game yet, but there are fan patches to fix bugs and etc. I'm pretty sure the ZRP patch for the first game, which is excellent, is also available for Clear Sky.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 5:42 pm

For 15 more hours you can get a bundle of all three games from GOG.com for $12.47.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 8:42 pm

The bundle is back again in case anyone missed it.