Page 53 of 276 [ 4407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 276  Next

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 7:51 pm

Humanaut wrote:
Cities: Skylines was occupying for a while, but I think it lacks depth.

It's as good as it gets though as far as city-building games go. What with the horrid disaster that Simcity 5 turned out to be, ugh. Skylines seems fine to me though it seems that you have to play quite far into a given city before the complexity flares up.

It's either that or Anno 2070 for me, though I cant call Anno a pure city-builder, it just happens to have alot of elements of one.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 11:26 pm

Misery wrote:
...it seems that you have to play quite far into a given city before the complexity flares up.

The monuments actually makes it easier when you've unlocked everything. Traffic becomes more complex, but it is too broadly generalized to evolve the experience by adding depth in terms of making the network more efficient as such. One way this could be accomplished is by placing road signs, but this is not possible. Don't get me wrong. It's a decent game, reasonably priced, but with a limited lifespan.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 11:52 pm

Humanaut wrote:
Misery wrote:
...it seems that you have to play quite far into a given city before the complexity flares up.

The monuments actually makes it easier when you've unlocked everything. Traffic becomes more complex, but it is too broadly generalized to evolve the experience by adding depth in terms of making the network more efficient as such. One way this could be accomplished is by placing road signs, but this is not possible. Don't get me wrong. It's a decent game, reasonably priced, but with a limited lifespan.

Eh, I've heard that about the monuments; likely, I'm just not going to use them. Sounds boring. Or I'll only use them if a mod can be found that changes them. SO tired of games getting so many things put into them that do nothing but make them alot easier and thus boring. Ugh. But mods might let me play it with them more balanced out. I'm hoping.

Fibbox
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Mar 2015, 7:21 am

Taffing about in Thief Gold. I am currently in the opera house trying to find the water talisman.

I gave it a bit of modding to make it compatible with 1366:768 resolution and higher texture resolution and i gotta say it holds up pretty well. Notably is the atmosphere which is what Looking Glass mastered with what they had.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 8:19 am

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. Too much of it.

Some of the challenge runs are.... just a bit irritating, it turns out.

LupineSnowstorm
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 8:21 am

Batman Arkham Origins

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 9:48 am

Call Of Duty, Finest Hour on PS2.

I'm playing the Stalingrad campaign, and it's seriously tough going.....

Awilder
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 5:03 pm

star trek online until I decide to start playing marvel heroes,dc universe online, age of wushu..

We are like the wind,
Wrapped, luminous wind,
We make a road for the spirits to pass over.
For the Spirits to pass over.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 5:26 pm

Fibbox wrote:
I gave it a bit of modding to make it compatible with 1366:768 resolution and higher texture resolution and i gotta say it holds up pretty well.

I usually just install the "use assets from Thief 2" mods and call it good, although I think my last playthrough, I was trying it out vanilla style.

DSR
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Mar 2015, 6:26 pm

Robocraft :D build build build and shoot the hell out of others with the tank you build :D

EveryPersonEver
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Mar 2015, 3:58 am

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle. Beat story mode after three days.

Ciphergarm
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Mar 2015, 2:27 pm

Playing WoW, resubbed yesterday. Its been about 3 months since I played, not going to bother trying raiding again until I get a new gaming mouse so I'm just collecting battle pets and trying to get tracks for my garrison jukebox on my warlock.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2015, 7:27 pm

Pokemon Green @_@

I've gotten caught up in the Twitch craze again, and I've told myself I'm going to "catch 'em all"...but maybe with a lot less cheating this time...also, it's almost Easter, which is when we originally got the games, way back when (1999?).

It's interesting to see how all of the monsters originally looked...some of them kind of look better, some of them just look weird (like Ekans).

But we'll see how far I get before I lose interest :roll:

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2015, 7:53 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Pokemon Green @_@

I've gotten caught up in the Twitch craze again, and I've told myself I'm going to "catch 'em all"...but maybe with a lot less cheating this time...also, it's almost Easter, which is when we originally got the games, way back when (1999?).

It's interesting to see how all of the monsters originally looked...some of them kind of look better, some of them just look weird (like Ekans).

But we'll see how far I get before I lose interest :roll:

.....Twitch craze?

....uuuuugh. Dont tell me that stupid "Twitch plays Whatever" thing is STILL going or has restarted... I saw some of it, and it was like watching someone bash their face against a tree over and over for a million years, but without any hilarity whatsoever.

The dumb part was how some people seemed to react if I told them I didnt like it. Pretty sure I threw something at a friend of mine for snapping at me over me pointing out that very thing.

As for what I'm playing, Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. I badly need a mod that utterly redoes the boss rush concept. Whoever thought of putting a TIME LIMIT (you have to reach and defeat Mom within 20 minutes; utterly and totally impossible if you get bad map layouts and dont find the boss rooms REALLY FAST) on a game where the amount of time taken is *entirely* dependent on the RNG should be punched. Often. Or at least yelled at for an hour. I very well might end up just cheating the related unlocks into existence so as not to have to put up with it.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 1:06 am

Misery wrote:
Dont tell me that stupid "Twitch plays Whatever" thing is STILL going or has restarted...

It's the one-year anniversary, so they did Red again (but have to catch all 151 this time). I think it just ended the other day, though.

I don't think I could watch it by myself, but at my friends' house, we'll have it on in the background, and it's kind of fun that way...sometimes there'll be a really tense battle, and we'll all be rooting for them, I can imagine it's probably similar to how NTs feel when they watch sports.

Fibbox
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Mar 2015, 5:25 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Pokemon Green @_@

So do you understand japanese, go with the knowledge of the translations, or are you playing a fan translation?

Still taffing about in Thief and i have returned to the cathedral and i gotta say that this tops system shock for me. Unlike System Shock you got no adequate way of defending yourself and there are freakishly fast and hard hitting revenants wandering around that are probably going to be showing up in my nightmares pretty soon.