Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 11:30 am

the Konami and Kojima drama continues...never been able to play a Silent Hill game ( controls were too awkward for me ) but I was really looking forward to Silent Hills, especially since it was going to run on the Fox Engine and was a collaboration between Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro. So I guess all Konami has in the pipeline now is MGS5: the Phantom Pain....

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 2:41 pm

Well, that's too bad. I didn't like any of the recent Silent Hill games, but this is still not welcome news. I'll comfort myself with the suspicion that if a new Silent Hill game were made, it would probably feature a cover system and unlimited ammunition.

Sino
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Apr 2015, 3:48 am

Heard the news recently too. I'm not one for horror games - can't stand the tension - but it would have been great to watch some LPs of it. Eh, well. So it goes.

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 6:44 am

Even though the last games of the serie were terrible the P.T. was very interesting to play. Sad news...

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 2:30 pm

This could be Konami's downfall. Looking at the demise of THQ and the success of EA and Activision, the days when you could have multiple great titles that sell well but nothing compared to the sales of triple A titles are over. You need to make a lot of triple A title that sell enough copies to make multi-millions to more than a billion and then push out sequels every year in order to stay in the business or be an indie developer.

Medal Gear Solid isn't enough to keep Konami in business. What happened to Team Silent? 4 games and then disband for whatever reasons. What happened to beat 'em ups? I loved Turtles in Time, but Re-Shelled sucked. What happened to Konami's more obscure stuff? We can't have any one trick ponies. I'm not a fan of Metal Gear, sorry, but this is it for Konami if Metal Gear fans is all they can cater to.

Konami, Sega, and Capcom; those three just couldn't make a triple A title. I know some of their games tried to mimic western style gaming to compete with American games (like modern Resident Evil games). Some of their games were even made by western developers and they still sucked (looking at you Silent Hill 0rigins and beyond). Some of their franchises were milked but couldn't make it worth anymore (3D Sonic and Megaman).

If all we get is less risky innovative and creative originality and more pushing out the same thing over and over with barely one twist to keep it fresh, then maybe a game crash is likely.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.