Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2009, 8:39 pm

In my opinion, metroid is the best series nintendo has ever created. Too bad sequels are more often made for mario and zelda. Samus is ?arguably my favorite vg character and will probably hold the spot forever. Anybody like this series too.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2009, 10:36 pm

I've got through every Metroid game ever made except for "Metroid Prime Pinball" on the Nintendo DS. I got a pretty high score though.

I wonder if that new game for the Wii is going to be Metroid 5? Metroid Fusion for the GBA is Metroid 4. And the Metroid Prime games are a separate series.

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 9:01 am

That I dont know. I do know that they recently released (or will soon) the metroid Prime Trilogy for Wii (Metroid Prime 1 and 2 will be redone so it will be compatable with Wii controls and have its own unique play style)

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 12:30 pm

It's out now. Came out the 25th of august. As for Metroid:other M, since Adam Malkovich who is referenced throughout metroid fusion(any objections lady?) is in the trailer. It probably takes place between Super and Fusion because there is an 8-year gap.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 1:03 pm

ShenLong wrote:
Too bad sequels are more often made for mario and zelda.

Well the guy who created the series died after Metroid 3, so you can't really blame them for slacking on the sequels =/

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2009, 1:08 am

Metroid peaked with Super Metroid on the SNES. The series hasn't been as good since.

Ruchard
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Sep 2009, 11:19 am

Haven't played Metroid in ages i used have this game for super nes.

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2009, 2:09 pm

Just got Metroid 2 for gameboy. It has my favorite theme from all the metroids. Here is a remake of that theme. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU2NzfGtuB0[/youtube]

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2009, 3:15 pm

I have completed the first metroid prime on Gamecube, nice game, cool music, bosses, but I did not bother playing the 2nd at all, it looks like s*** compared to the 1st one, haven't bothered playing the 3rd one yet.

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 9:36 pm

Metroid Prime 2 isnt that bad. I completed it not long ago (granted, the only thing that really annoyed me was going back and forth between the dimensions). If anything, the added mechanic of using ammo for your other weapons was quite interesting, and added a neat twist. As far as not looking good, i beg to differ. While i personally didnt see much of an upgrade from Prime 1, they did add some visual FX that made it feel a bit more lifelike. As for Prime 3, well . . . ive been kinda negligent in playing past the first boss encounter ><. However, i do enjoy the interface with the Wii and look forward to finishing it at a later time (when WoW doesnt keep me obsessed <bonks self>).

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 12:23 pm

The bosses in Prime 2 sucked as well...I gave up and started checking a FAQ every time I got to a new boss, because every time I'd die two or three times trying to figure out the weak points, and it sucked having to go through all the cutscenes and whatever between the save point and back again >_<

X_Parasite
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2009, 5:30 pm

Ah, the Metroid games...
They're all good. Except for the second one. That one was almost good.
Super Metroid is my 8th-favorite game, and Metroid Prime is my 5th.

Oh, and no, my user name is not a Metroid Fusion reference.

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2009, 10:06 pm

lol, I thought it was. I love the second one much better than the original. Many of the powers and movements, like aiming down while jumping and crouch shooting( i hated the original because i couldn't do this). Problem is, the environments were boring and huge, coupled with no map. My favorite metroid is either prime 3, prime, or zero mission. I like prime hunters for the multiplayer. I never played super metroid but I know people say it's the best.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2009, 10:44 pm

I beat the first Metroid Prime but didn't like the controls so I never bothered playing the next 2. Metorid: The Other M, however, might make me have to pick up a Wii. That game looks like it'll rock.

X_Parasite
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2009, 11:13 pm

What about Prime 3? Or the repackaged trilogy? Those aren't the same controls.

As for Other M... Somehow, Metroid+Ninja Gaiden=Win.

I'll need to check the math manually, but that's the answer that OpenOffice Calc keeps giving me.

Mikelight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Oct 2009, 11:28 pm

You guys are funny.

I love me some Metroid games. although I've never even played pinball.

I like the 2D titles better than the Prime titles but I still love the Primes. I really can't wait for Other M, it's gonna be too good!