Page 3 of 11 [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2010, 10:32 pm

Vyn wrote:
1. Council died.
2. Whichever gender Shepard you are, you saved the opposite gender human under your command.
3. Wrex died.
4. Picked Udina to serve on the council.
That is some pretty bad canon

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2010, 11:32 pm

I hated the default choices which is why I'm going to go through ME1 again once I've finished ME2. I didn't load my old character because I chose renegade options soley for the purpose of getting the Renegade acheivement. I didn't enjoy killing Wrex or giving Udina the council seat but I knew it was the renegade thing to do. I might use that character for future ME2 playthroughs, just to see how the story will differ.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 12:09 am

Does anyone know if the default choice was to kill or spare the Rachni Queen, because from me sparing it I recieved possibly more clues about the truth of the Rachni wars. Apparently they are not naturely as bad as what hapend.

Aspiewriter
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Feb 2010, 12:28 am

I wonder if ME3 will be longer. I am enjoying ME1 right now, but sometimes feel it's too short.

dreadzone_king
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Feb 2010, 4:35 am

if any one would like some help with the final mission just ask me as i have finnished it though not with all 9 squad mates alive still working on that

Vyn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 1:54 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
Does anyone know if the default choice was to kill or spare the Rachni Queen, because from me sparing it I recieved possibly more clues about the truth of the Rachni wars. Apparently they are not naturely as bad as what hapend.

Assumes you killed it from what I can tell. Basically assumes you were a really bad judge of character and a fairly not nice person. Or that you just bungled everything handed to you.

Oh, I found the site that has all of the Shepard save files. It explains how to import them if you don't have ME1 for the PC, and it's absolutely awesome:

www.annakie.com/me/home.htm

I am Jon Stewart with some Colbert cynicism, Thomas Edison's curiousity, wrapped around a hardcore gamer sprinkled very liberally with Deadpool, and finished off with an almost Poison Ivy-esque love/hate relationship with humanity flourish.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 2:39 pm

Vyn wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:
Assumes you killed it from what I can tell. Basically assumes you were a really bad judge of character and a fairly not nice person. Or that you just bungled everything handed to you.
Shepard is a prick, I always guessed he was a good guy, so he let the leaders of the known galaxy die, picked a douchebag to represent humans, didn't make out with the Asari, let the cool Wrex die and killed a peacefull species manipulated by the Reapers to extinction.

I am taking it slowly, doing loyalty missions with just Asari left. I have to point out how I like a few of the characters, my favirouts being Tali who I enjoyed from the first one, Thane is cool, not just his profession (sharing it other gane characters like HK-47 and Zevran) but I like his general disposition keeping it quite interesting. And I also have found Mordin very interesting, first he sounded anoying, but he has really grown on me, I think it might be that at times in my life I have find myself having the simular issue of my mind doing something, like his, though more stressfull, I liked his quest thoughI found it hard having to say the harsh things due to playing paragon as I realy sympathised with him.

I wonder if the fact I enjoy some of the aliens so much has anything to do with things like this site being called Wrong Planet. The only aliens I have disliked are the ones who automaticly think badley of other races, and the Krogans keep telling me they will rule the galaxy, though the few calmer ones are nice, in fact I even like the Geth becaus I think they were mistreated and manipulated (can't wait to get a Geth ally).

Aspiewriter
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Feb 2010, 2:52 pm

I finished ME1 and have just started ME2. My impressions so far (trying to be spoiler-free on this) -

The new Normandy - MUCH BIGGER, more impressive too.
AI - Seems better this time. The characters have more life to them. It seems like I'm watching a movie, and I forget that I am playing a video game. I had that same feeling with ME1, too.
Graphics - MUCH IMPROVED. I thought graphics for ME1 were incredible, but they made them clearer and more vibrant for ME2.

And what I did in the previous game affects the second game in subtle ways. I listened to the news reports on the Omega station, and they mention back on what I did in the first game. Right now, the galaxy is "humans first." And the aliens are quite pissed with me.

Makes me want to play ME1 again with a different character to see how different ME2 will be. But I have to finish ME2 first before going back to ME1. It's an incredible, intelligently designed game.

Aspiewriter
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Feb 2010, 4:12 pm

As I am playing more now, I find myself missing selecting equipment in the options screen. I found that to be highly useful. There were so many weapons, ammo mods, armor, and armor mods to choose from, but in ME2 they seem to have dumbed it down a bit. You can only choose your weapons while on your ship, and not have the option of changing weaponry or armor during battle. It's something to get used to. And so far, I haven't had to use omni-gel, because there really isn't a need for it in ME2. I haven't landed on any planets yet, and I don't know if there's the Mako in this game.

Vyn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 4:41 pm

Aspiewriter wrote:
As I am playing more now, I find myself missing selecting equipment in the options screen. I found that to be highly useful. There were so many weapons, ammo mods, armor, and armor mods to choose from, but in ME2 they seem to have dumbed it down a bit. You can only choose your weapons while on your ship, and not have the option of changing weaponry or armor during battle. It's something to get used to. And so far, I haven't had to use omni-gel, because there really isn't a need for it in ME2. I haven't landed on any planets yet, and I don't know if there's the Mako in this game.

No, no Mako, and no omni-gel either. If you mess up a hack it's pretty much locked for ya. Yes, the lack of weapons and being able to changeout any time is slightly annoying, but the ammo being a power is fairly nice imo. Specially Warp ammo, that sh!t is overpowered, along with disruptor ammo.

And yeah Bradleigh, they made Shepard out to be a bastard by default lol. Thank Gaia I found that save game site for a much more paragon oriented Shepard.

I am Jon Stewart with some Colbert cynicism, Thomas Edison's curiousity, wrapped around a hardcore gamer sprinkled very liberally with Deadpool, and finished off with an almost Poison Ivy-esque love/hate relationship with humanity flourish.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 7:28 pm

Cleared it 2 days ago, it was great.

Aspiewriter
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Feb 2010, 8:24 pm

As I continue playing, it seems to me there is a reduction in variety of weapons and armor. And on your ship, it is cool to customize your armor, but it seems to lack in customization as well. It seems all you're doing is changing the color and some of the material. I don't know what may be missing, but it seems you could do something more. Decorating your cabin is cool. I bought the hamster and the fish, and some of the ships. It reminds me of Captain Picard's ship.

Also leveling up seems harder, or maybe the point distribution seems, I don't know, a bit handicapping. I can't put certain points where I want them, because certain abilities cost more points than others. It will take getting used to of course. I hope it'll be easier as I go along.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 8:40 pm

Aspiewriter wrote:
As I continue playing, it seems to me there is a reduction in variety of weapons and armor. And on your ship, it is cool to customize your armor, but it seems to lack in customization as well. It seems all you're doing is changing the color and some of the material. I don't know what may be missing, but it seems you could do something more. Decorating your cabin is cool. I bought the hamster and the fish, and some of the ships. It reminds me of Captain Picard's ship.

Also leveling up seems harder, or maybe the point distribution seems, I don't know, a bit handicapping. I can't put certain points where I want them, because certain abilities cost more points than others. It will take getting used to of course. I hope it'll be easier as I go along.

You'll get more weapons eventually as you get further, but your class is restricted to some only though they come in upgrades and you can research new weapons and applications for power and capacity for them.
The armor has extras that you can buy in stores around the planets, every part like helmet and leggings will eventually have about 3-4 components which you can choose from for different strengths like 5% to shield and 10% to negotiations (Death Mask).
When it comes to leveling, just save up 2 points till next level and then get the 4th step, when you fill one in you'll get a choice between 2 options, either the options are more power or more defense or when it comes to offensive abilities, increased impact power on one target or an area of effect that takes out/afflicts those in a 3m radius.
Make sure to mine planets as you'll get an option to Re-Train when you researched enough of things that is reusable for 5000 Element Zero, if I remember correctly.

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2010, 12:12 am

Aspiewriter wrote:
I wonder if ME3 will be longer. I am enjoying ME1 right now, but sometimes feel it's too short.

It's not short if you do all of the side missions. Socializing with your squad mates can also be interesting. I think ME2 adds more variety to what you can do outside of your main missions. I'm sure ME3 will be even better!

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2010, 4:17 am

I don't find the mini-games very exciting - the bypass security and hacking ones lack variety (Paradroid's hacking mini-game was more fun, and that was twenty five years ago!), and scanning planets is dull even with the enhanced scanner thingy (though I may have missed more upgrades to the scanner, if they exist).

I also found myself mentally referring to the exceptionally annoying Miranda as "Miss Fanservice" (along with the obligatory pole-dancing strip club IN SPACE, *yawn*) :wink: 8O and I still haven't worked out how to redeem my Steam pre-purchase code or get other DLC (it keeps kicking me out of the registration thingy, may be something to do with having Chrome as default browser). :roll: But those are my only major gripes... oh, and "Normandy" is the stupidest name for a starship ever. :roll:

*ahem* Apart from those, it's excellent. :)

(edit: confession, I didn't have the original Paradroid, but Paradroid 2000, which is only twenty years old or thereabouts, ah, nostalgia trip) :D

The year is still young.

SirLogiC
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Feb 2010, 7:24 am

Vyn wrote:

Next, there's a website that has save files for ME1 that you can easily download (they're between 50-100kb) and install in a self-created ME folder just to access for ME2 new games. I can't recall the site at the moment, just google ME1 save games, should be near the top. I did it because I was highly annoyed with the default choices the game had and I had done pretty much the opposite for everything in my old game... but couldn't transfer because it was 360 and not PC... So I cheated the system, but it's all good ^_^

I used this site because it has been a long time since I played ME1, my PC has been reformatted since then so I don't have the saves and I don't have the ME1 discs handy or the desire to play it again. Also because I certainly did not want the douche Udina on the council, he is such an angry arse. Found a save that was nearly exactly the same as what I had done so it was good.

Here is the link for a saved games site: http://www.annakie.com/me/home.htm

So far ME2 has been awesome, I am loving it. Especially like the new paragon/renegade chat options when they come up.