Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Talis
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Oct 2010, 5:17 pm

Okay this is driving me nuts. I realized the parts that give me the most trouble in a game lock me into a room or area and force enemies upon me until I either die or kill them all. It's okay if the game has some cover or something but there isn't any in the game I'm playing... so in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 I'm in a room with 3 large enemies at a time and eventually a total of 8 appear. I can't seem to kill more than six without dying since each enemy can pull off a one hit kill with any of its attacks... including the fire balls they throw when they are flying. Ungh... I hate this effect in a game. I could imagine being able to kill 8 if I could funnel them in through a smaller opening but that isn't possible because the developers locked me in the small room to fight the elephants.

Essentially I imagine the rooms like blenders. The game closes you into the top and then you have to try to stop the blade from obliterating you. I've seen it done in alot of fps shooters too. What do you think of the blender effect? I hate it because it always puts a halt on what I'm doing if the game is hard. Right now I'm stuck at the end of chapter 3 because of this stupid occurrence. I've watched youtube video guides that don't help either so I'm really stuck with... get lucky. I think the blender effect gives a solid challenge but I think it's pretty unfair too as there's nowhere to take a breather and in this case... it's just unfair slaughter.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 9:25 pm

Lol, when I tried Resident Evil, that DROVE ME CRAZY! Like 20/30 zombies creatures were attacking me, I had no clue why or where they came from.
Eventually my sister came over and saved me, telling me I walked in a bad spot. Yeah, I perfer watching that game to playing it, I'm not into shooting as much as sword/other kinds of weapons for RPG.

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 1:26 pm

I know in Resident Evil4 there's that one part you're stuck in that house and zombies are climbing up the stairs and through the windows. I stuck myself into the corner with a view of 2 windows and the stairs and only one window just out of my field of vision. Then I whipped out the shotgun. :D

More generally, if there's no funnel to use, my strategy is to get in the corner that gives me the widest view of the area and then wail on whatever approaches me. I use a grenade if I'm crazy swamped and need to reload.

Mikelight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Oct 2010, 2:31 pm

The real solution to your issue Talis is to stop playing an already very difficult game on an even more difficult setting.

Really though I don't mind it, especially in a game where you are meant to play to perfection. If i'm already playing that sort of game the "blender" thing is just a way to make sure my skills are honed.

Talis
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Oct 2010, 2:48 pm

Mikelight wrote:
The real solution to your issue Talis is to stop playing an already very difficult game on an even more difficult setting.

I wish it was that easy. I'm sorta obsessed with the game and want to do everything in it. When I hit walls on Master Ninja it just makes me feel dissapointed and I end up trying over and over again. I think part of it is that I'm testing myself. Like I hope I can beat it, but mostly I wanna see how far I can get. Your advice is probably smart though... since Master Ninja is meant to be maddening I think.