Of all videogames played, what game did you enjoy the most?

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 7:05 pm

The game I enjoyed the most must be Fallout 1. I played the game when came out in '97, was blown away by the atmosphere of the game.
I haven't played a game since that gets to me more like that one, was tired with game after ten years :o.

Any of you got similar experiences?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 8:06 pm

Donkey Kong Country 2. The graphics and music were gorgeous! I loved the different atmospheres of the different levels. I've thought about buying a Nintendo Wii just so that I could download the game and play it again.

Mikelight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2010, 8:53 pm

The single player game I enjoyed the most... I really can't say there are too many great choices.

However the multiplayer game I spent the most time enjoying has been Super Smash Bros. Melee

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 10:04 am

Interesting idea for a topic, it really is a hard choice, I took a little look and I might say Banjo-Tooie on the N64, I loved that game I think I just had fun exploring and was a charm that I found very appealing. I do hope that they make an actual sequel everntually though Nuts & Bolts was still good, it had some of it's refreshing charm, it was not as fun as Tooie.

raul693
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Oct 2010, 10:13 am

Any Super Smash Bros. I bought a Wii just for the pleasure of playing that game

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 10:58 pm

Hard call. I would have to say Unreal Tournament 3 honestly. While Cyberstorm, Starsiege, Tribes, Xenosaga and stuff have been a major part of my life as have several MMOs UT3 just seems the most natural for my impatient but calculating mind.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 6:58 am

Star Fighter 3000, the original Arc version with cartoony blocks, not the console & PC ports, which were drab and lost the fun. Played right (you get a sense for exactly how much you need to shoot things before they explode) it's like flying through an exploding storm of Lego bricks at 300mph. :)

It's probably no surprise that I'm eagerly awaiting the next Red Faction game. :lol:

The year is still young.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 9:02 am

Jagged Alliance 2 would be my favourite game of all time. From my understanding the game is similar in gameplay to the X:COM series but with more emphasis on combat, though I've never played X:COM. I haven't played another game with such an exquisite blend of tactical turn based combat, role playing elements and personality. The closest that I've seen to it from more recent games has been Valkyria Chronicles for the PS3.

slovaksiren
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 2:42 pm

It's kind of a tie between Pokemon and the Earthbound trilogy. Both are very unique RPGs in their own ways. Pokemon you can pick up and play and so easy a child can play, but to master the game, you have to really dig deep into the games hidden mechanics and whatnot. Earthbound I like because it's very humorous and there are so many little things that make me chuckle and a change of pace from most RPGs because, like Pokemon, instead of taking place in some sort of medieval fantasy realm, it takes place in modern times there are no swords and shields, but baseball bats and frying pans and little creatures to command. Both of them are really, really fun.

Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 1:18 am

Fallout 2. Well I started the series in the early 2000s so I was late to the party.

Namtro
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Oct 2010, 10:38 am

Tough call between final fantasy 7 and everquest 1. FF7 was my first rpg and fell in love with the story, only game I've played through more then 5 times over. Everquest blew me away when I realized how much game area was possible to explore. On top of that was in a family guild of great ppl that actively helped each other on a daily basis.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 11:05 am

Ravenitrius wrote:
Fallout 2. Well I started the series in the early 2000s so I was late to the party.

I second!! !

Honorable mentions:

The X-Tended mod for X3: Reunion, and KOTOR.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 11:59 am

This is going to be a toughie, but it's a toss-up between...

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain - This started my transistion into a moody teen during my college years, it was such a compelling and dark game with excellent dialogue and fun spells (Implode was the best). Damn i miss it!
+
Resident Evil 4 - No fixed camera angles, villagers with chainsaws, buyable weapons, crazy cult fanatics... What more do you want?

Honourable mentions:
Donkey Kong 64
Banjo-Kazooie
F-Zero GX
The Punisher
Batman: Arkham Asylum

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 12:59 pm

Wow, adventure games haven't been mentioned at all! I have most enjoyed Monkey Island games, especially Curse of Monkey Island and Tales of Monkey Island. Also Grim Fandango, in that I was oblige to hint my way through (I always tried, but I just couldn't get through on my own... my usual situation in adventure games... yet I can't stay away). The main thing I have enjoyed is the plots... since I was so bad at solving the puzzles in the adventure games I just had to get the hints because I had to know what happened next! I also like World of Warcraft, but that's probably because it has some adventure and storylines, and I like pretending I'm someone different for a while.

The world loves diversity... as long as it's pretty, makes them look smart and doesn't put them out in any way.

There's the road, and the road less traveled, and then there's MY road.

Patootik
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Oct 2010, 7:23 am

The original Command & Conquer, such a great game, and the beginning of my obsession with strategy games. The music, the sounds, the cheesy cutscenes and the really solid strategy gameplay, just love it. Also the Advance Wars series and the Ace Attorney games, just awesome!!

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 3:10 pm

Neverwinter Nights. It was truly a golden age of gaming history. The with all user made modules it was like unlimited RPGs, many of them far better than the official campaign.
Also an endless variety of online worlds of every different style.

NWN2 kind of f*cked up, it added features NWN1 was sorely lacking but it just never took off unfortunately. Probably because the toolset was 10x harder.