Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 6:10 pm

Who else here has played Resident Evil 5? It's the game I'm currently addicted to.

I used to play the old games when they were scary. However despite the fact that Resident Evil is no longer about horror (it's more like scifi action now), I still enjoyed Resident Evil 5 very much. It's like a fun though different new direction to take the series in.

For starters I love that it has co-op and I can play offline with my brother and sister when they come to visit. The story is pretty decent, and there's lots of fun extras to collect like costumes, secret weapons, screen filters, and figurines. I'm especially glad I got the Gold edition which has new games to play like Lost in Nightmares, Desperate Escape, and The Mercenaries Reunion.

Also Excella has become my new favorite game villainess! I just think she's cool! :D

Talis
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Sep 2010, 8:57 pm

I played and loved RE5 around release, but it lacks the same difficulty 4 shelled out. 5 was a little too easy... I mean it wasn't that easy, but compared to 4 it was a pushover. I enjoyed lost in nightmares and desperate escape though. Nightmares reminded me of the puzzle like action and atmosphere of the old games... and desperate escape stayed true to the challenge of the old games like 4. I liked in DE that you were thrown out into a mission on professional with hoards of foes armed with next to nothing (No infinite ammo either)... it brought desperation to the player... I like that :)

Overall though... RE5 is one of my favorite games... no matter the difficulty.

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 11:13 am

I agree about RE5 being easy. It takes no effort to save money to buy weapons, you can just repeat the same chapter over and over to find treasures to sell. But the game itself was really fun, and I actually like the plot better then the one in Resident Evil 4. It was about an evil pharmaceutical corporation experimenting on people with viruses, which is what the series is supposed to be about.

I also like how Lost in Nightmares went back to the Survival Horror roots of the first games. It was even a little scary and made me nostalgic of Resident Evil 1. Desperate Escape was OK, but I think they were trying too hard to make it like Seperate Ways in Resident Evil 4. I'm sorry, but Jill Valentine is no Ada Wong and should stop trying to be like her. :P

I also REALLY love the new costumes in Gold Edition! My favorite is Sheva's Business costume. It looks stylish yet comfortable and like something I could see Sheva wearing while on a mission. It's also kind of funny watching Sheva run and kick in high heels without tripping or breaking her shoes. :lol:

the-shakester
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Oct 2010, 9:44 am

i think its cool but it gets boring

Usagi1992
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2010, 8:25 pm

My brother had it for a while, but I never really got a chance to get into it...shame, really.

BroncosRtheBest
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Nov 2010, 10:36 pm

I haven't played it yet; the only thing I remember about it is that a lot of game sites called it racist because the zombies were black. The game is set in Africa. What are the zombies going to be, Chinese?

HenryKrinkle
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Nov 2010, 9:51 am

BroncosRtheBest wrote:
I haven't played it yet; the only thing I remember about it is that a lot of game sites called it racist because the zombies were black. The game is set in Africa. What are the zombies going to be, Chinese?

They did actually add a load of white and asian-looking enemies to the game which is kinda ridiculous. I assume they did that after all the racism accusations.

Anyway, after reading this yesterday I bought the gold edition off Amazon for £11 which is a pretty good price. I've played it before and enjoyed it. I don't think it's as good as RE4 cause it's less creepy and it's so similar to it, but it's still a good game.

kinftw
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Nov 2010, 6:45 pm

Quote:

Agreed. That's ridiculous. Resident Evil 4 was set in SPAIN with SPANISH people, and I don't ever remember any racist comments about it. Anyway, I love RE5. Heck, I love the whole series.

HenryKrinkle
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Nov 2010, 8:42 pm

I am playing through it now on normal difficulty. It's quite challenging but I think I'm focusing too much on killing everything when I should be running past instead. I forgot how good the graphics are. I've been playing with co-op enabled and it's quite enjoyable when you find somebody who knows what they're doing.

Hyperreal_Logic
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Nov 2010, 6:26 pm

I have played it and completed it last year (April 2009). I thought it was a good game; however, I miss the classic horror aspect of the old games. Resident Evil Director's Cut and Resident Evil 2 are still among my favorite and most played games ever. There is a re-make version of the first Resident Evil and it has been released on Game Cube, which I have completed as well. The re-make version is actually scarier than the original because of its modernization.

I made a Facebook status the other night saying, "It could be pretty neat if Capcom developed a Resident Evil RPG." Think about that. :P

BroncosRtheBest
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Nov 2010, 7:17 pm

Hyperreal_Logic wrote:
I made a Facebook status the other night saying, "It could be pretty neat if Capcom developed a Resident Evil RPG." Think about that. :P

I think it would be too slow to be scary, unless they went for some sort of Jade Empire-esque system of real-time battles.

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 12:06 pm

Yeah I remember the racism claims, I thought they were stupid. It's funny how I remember people used to complain that Resident Evil was racist for having no black zombies (except for Marvin in RE2), because all the zombies were white. Now that they have a game set in Africa with black zombies (or majini whatever youi call them), the game is even more racist then before! :roll:

While at first I thought them adding the mixed race majini was silly, I learned that some parts of Africa actually do have a high population of white people living in them who were from Europe. Also I think the other races are possibly Arabic, and Africa is near the Middle East so it makes sense that they could be in the game. So I guess that can be passable, even though it was obviously just to fight the racism claims.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 10:03 pm

It can only be claimed racist for people who are stuck up on racism or are racist themselves. One of the main characters is African so really a black person killing a black person is hardly racist, but whatever :roll: Also, should I get mad every time a white person dies in a movie or game... give me a damn break :evil:

The environment did make sense having white and arabic people there too though. I don't think it was to combat racist claims. I think it was to make the setting more believable. Seriously I don't think a game company in Japan cares if Americans think something is racist :lol:

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 10:09 pm

Lace-Bane wrote:
It can only be claimed racist for people who are stuck up on racism or are racist themselves. One of the main characters is African so really a black person killing a black person is hardly racist, but whatever :roll: Also, should I get mad every time a white person dies in a movie or game... give me a damn break :evil:

The environment did make sense having white and arabic people there too though. I don't think it was to combat racist claims. I think it was to make the setting more believable. Seriously I don't think a game company in Japan cares if Americans think something is racist :lol:

Well they definetly don't care if Americans think their games are pedophillic. Seriously, look at all the sexed-up female characters under the age of 18. lol

Jessi_in_wonderland
Toucan
Toucan

13 Dec 2010, 8:03 pm

I love the resident evil series. I was psyched to play RE5. I'm stuck in the place where those big tiki mask guys are that seem to only get hurt by the shotgun. I loved Resident Evil 4. The storyline was awesome.

HenryKrinkle
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Dec 2010, 8:06 pm

Jessi_in_wonderland wrote:
I love the resident evil series. I was psyched to play RE5. I'm stuck in the place where those big tiki mask guys are that seem to only get hurt by the shotgun. I loved Resident Evil 4. The storyline was awesome.

Do you mean the tall ones? Shoot them in their legs and they'll kneel down and you can run up and melee them.