29 Mar 2012, 5:09 am

Hence I hope that "indoctrination theory" has some element of truth to it

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 5:42 am

Laz wrote:
Hence I hope that "indoctrination theory" has some element of truth to it

The indoctrination theory is not the only possible explanation but the ending does need some clarification.

Sickpuppies124
Raven
Raven

29 Mar 2012, 6:42 am

The only sense that can be made out of the Hamburger Helper ending we got
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZOyeFvnhiI[/youtube]

ZakFiend
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2012, 12:16 pm

hahah bioware isn't smart enough for indoctrination theory. Anyone who isn't braindead knows how much retconning they did in Mass effect 2's plot. If you believe mass effect had a good story you obviously weren't paying attention to it. ME1 had a decent story, ME2 ruined everything established by ME1 by retconning huge sections of ME1, and ME3 just meanders around with the lameness created by ME2's horrible plot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR558wTjOUU

If you still think bioware are great writers after watching the above plot analysis I got a bridge I want to sell you.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2012, 6:06 pm

Wolfheart wrote:
I agree, especially the part that said "Commander Shepherd has become a legend by ending the Reaper threat, Now you can continue to BUILD that legend through further game play and downloadable content" If anything, seems like the writer watched the ending of Lost and The Matrix Trilogy and attempted to merge them into one.

If you play past the ending and open up the galaxy map, youll see your back at the point before you docked at the illusive mans base. Its not a continuation of the story at all, its just a devise for you to play bits you missed and DLC with your old character.

Mictlan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Apr 2012, 10:10 pm

I've been playing the multiplayer for the past several days, and it's pretty fun, aside from sometimes getting matched with someone who hardly does anything and ends up bringing the whole team down. One person tonight who was talking on his mic didn't even know how to do really simple things like switch weapons, and this was on a silver difficulty match, which is rather difficult if everyone isn't at least somewhat equal. :? The past several silver matches I've played failed because of clueless people like that. It's really annoying because it's not much of a challenge playing bronze with a level 20 character, and bronze doesn't earn you very many credits either.

I mostly use an Asari adept.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

09 Apr 2012, 1:36 am

ZakFiend wrote:
hahah bioware isn't smart enough for indoctrination theory. Anyone who isn't braindead knows how much retconning they did in Mass effect 2's plot. If you believe mass effect had a good story you obviously weren't paying attention to it. ME1 had a decent story, ME2 ruined everything established by ME1 by retconning huge sections of ME1, and ME3 just meanders around with the lameness created by ME2's horrible plot.

If you still think bioware are great writers after watching the above plot analysis I got a bridge I want to sell you.

I've seen all six of those videos the last time they were linked in this thread. I do think that many writers at Bioware are good. I also think many make mistakes, and I don't believe simple incompetence defines the problems with ME2's and ME3's plot.

This is the kind of thing that really shouldn't be dictated to anyone. Let people come to their own conclusions, don't come charging in with an overbearing declaration about how anyone who disagrees with your opinion must be stupid and/or gullible.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 1:48 am

psych wrote:
If you play past the ending and open up the galaxy map, youll see your back at the point before you docked at the illusive mans base. Its not a continuation of the story at all, its just a devise for you to play bits you missed and DLC with your old character.

http://www.tmrzoo.com/2012/33716

Quote:
Electronic Arts has announced in a press release that Mass Effect 3 will be getting an “Extended Cut” downloadable content pack this Summer, which will ostensibly improve the endings to the roleplaying game.

The Extended Cut will be free for gamers who have a valid Xbox Live, PlayStation Network and Origin account until the 14th April 2013.

At least it's free, I'm surprised as I really thought it was going to cost.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 4:41 pm

Verdandi wrote:
ZakFiend wrote:

I've seen all six of those videos the last time they were linked in this thread. I do think that many writers at Bioware are good. I also think many make mistakes, and I don't believe simple incompetence defines the problems with ME2's and ME3's plot.

This is the kind of thing that really shouldn't be dictated to anyone. Let people come to their own conclusions, don't come charging in with an overbearing declaration about how anyone who disagrees with your opinion must be stupid and/or gullible.

The guy who created those videos ignores the fact that game narratives have more freedom for non-linear storytelling and branching story-lines due to their interactivity. That being said, I do agree that the ending of ME3 was bad.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2012, 7:57 pm

I've completed about 3 times now.

Yeah, the endings, while sloppy in presentation, are just fine in my book.

Looking forward to the free DLC.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Nymphonomicon
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Apr 2012, 8:27 pm

I don't even have the game, but I downloaded the free DLC on the off chance I play it sometime.

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 8:57 pm

Mass Effect 3 was rushed.

There is no artistic vision when you screw up the ending that badly.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 7:37 am

*sigh*

:?

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)