Kid Icarus: Uprising - Worth a Purchase?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

What did you think of Kid Icarus: Uprising? (if you played it)
Buy it! 31%  31%  [ 5 ]
Rent it! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Forget it! 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
I'll let you know when I play it. 31%  31%  [ 5 ]
Snow pants! 31%  31%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 16

OtterTeej
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Mar 2012, 4:08 am

I'm a big fan of Nintendo (not a fanboy, mind you) and Kid Icarus: Uprising looks amazing and I'm a big fan of Sakurai-San as well (creator of Kirby and Smash Bros.) who led the game's development. But I'm also poor right now.

So, do any of you have it? What did you think? Is it worth a buy? Should I just Gamefly it? Did Sakurai-San mess up? I hope not! Let me know; I'm really on the fence.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 5:51 am

I thought it was worth buying since I got the 3D classics Kid Icarus free for pre-ordering, and because the original has always been my favorite NES title. The new one seems good so far; however, the only thing I don't really like is the touch screen/stylus are required for aiming. There is a 3DS stand included with the game to help with this though, and if you rented it from Gamefly you obviously wouldn't get the stand to use with it.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 7:36 am

Venger wrote:
...the only thing I don't really like is the touch screen/stylus are required for aiming.

Metroid Hunters was the same way. I liked it, but it did cramp up your hand a little.

Not sure how much the stand would help, then you'd have to find a table to sit at...

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 7:59 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Venger wrote:
...the only thing I don't really like is the touch screen/stylus are required for aiming.

Metroid Hunters was the same way. I liked it, but it did cramp up your hand a little.

Not sure how much the stand would help, then you'd have to find a table to sit at...

Actually "Metroid Prime:Hunters" had the option of regular controls too. I think the only time I switched to the touch screen controls was for the final boss. This is because the touch screen controls made it quicker to switch between different beam types.

By the way the Kid Icarus stand works good if you play lying down with a couple pillows under your back. You just rest the stand vertically in its unopened position on your lower chest.

OtterTeej
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Mar 2012, 3:53 am

I have to say being forced to use the stylus did turn me off a bit, but from what I've heard, you get used to it.

Also, I am the one who voted "snow pants!".

I'm random like that.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2012, 1:09 pm

Venger wrote:
Actually "Metroid Prime:Hunters" had the option of regular controls too.

Yeah, but I liked the touch screen controls.

Sitting it on your chest doesn't sound too bad, I do that a lot already anyway (with my regular DS, that is).

OtterTeej
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Mar 2012, 1:11 pm

I will say this: it does seem to be of the best LOOKING games on the 3DS so far. I mean, wow. If it were on a bigger screen it would be...well, the aspect ratio would look horrible, but if the game had been optimized for a bigger screen, it would look amazing.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 8:16 am

Got it today, if I had to describe it I would say that it is fairly simple in some of it's basic gameplay: shooting parts similar to Star Fox's, and others which are mor on foot which can be surprisingly complex with how certain weapons can act, and movements can require quite a lot of thinking of the game and trying to move and control the camera. The graphics look pretty, and I have found some of the dialogue funny, only it feels like so much is hapening that it can be a little hard to keep track of everything.

I actually feel a bit nostalgic as I used to play the original game on the GameBoy, only now I can actually go through levels and not die all the time. The game actually made a reference in one of its tutorials of SSB, but instead Palutena called it Super Bash Sisters, there is some charm even if Palutena trolls Pit quite a bit.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 5:35 pm

I really want this, but to buy it without the system would be hilarious XD
(I'm itching for my BF to buy it, he has a 3DS)

0verload
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Apr 2012, 2:46 am

Buy it. I'm enjoying it more than any other 3DS game so far. Logged over 30 hours, most of which was online. The campaign is a blast and there's never a dull moment.

EveryPersonEver
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Apr 2012, 8:52 am

It's really fun, what with the endless options for gear and high speed combat.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2012, 10:14 pm

It looks like a pretty sweet game.