Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2012, 3:42 am

This series has always been like crack to me, some of my favorite games growing up were strategy games and Fire Emblem is probably my favorite. The entire series spans 13 (as of April) games, though only 5 of them have been officially released overseas. I've played Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War (FE4), Fire Emblem: The Sword of Seals (FE6), Fire Emblem 7 (the first title to come out officially to the US) and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (FE8). My favorite games in the series are FE4, FE6 and 7 as a third runner up. Stones wasn't bad but it felt a bit too easy and I wasn't as crazy about it as the other games. I never tried the gamecube and wii titles, which I've heard have quite a following, I just like the portable games myself (and lack a wii with no desire to buy one).

The real reason I'm making this thread though is because the latest Fire Emblem has been officially announced for the US and Europe and it looks nothing short of spectacular. Japanese game mag Famitsu has scored it 36/40, which makes it the highest rated FE game yet (I'm sure in the US it'll get average borderline reviews for not being an interactive shooter)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3mAnZ40dgI[/youtube]
I've really sworn off most games anymore but damn I am excited and will be getting a 3ds for this and Soul Hackers.

Anyone else love the Fire Emblem series?

RockDrummer616
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2012, 11:56 am

I'm a big fan. My favorites happen to be the Gamecube and Wii ones that you haven't played. I like the story in those best and the Wii one is one of the most difficult games I have played. I was never even able to beat it on normal mode even though I beat the Gamecube one on hard. The one for the DS is pretty fun too, even though the story is pretty minimal, the levels are fun and you can change the classes of most of your characters. I'm not buying a 3DS just to play the new one though, it doesn't seem like a worthwhile purchase since I probably wouldn't play any other games on it.

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2012, 12:12 pm

^^ Greetings NeueZiel.

I believe that I really enjoyed a playing a happy Fire Emblem game with my GameBoy Advance within the past that I borrowed from a lovely friend. However I am very sorry as I believe that I cannot remember the name of this happy game. ^^ I believe that I do indeed possess a Nintendo 3DS console and shall certainly wish to purchase this game, perhaps when the price decreases a little.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2012, 1:02 pm

I got the GBA Fire Emblem free from the 3DS ambassador program although I haven't really tried it yet.

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 3:59 am

Venger wrote:
I got the GBA Fire Emblem free from the 3DS ambassador program although I haven't really tried it yet.

Its Sacred Stones, not a terrible FE game but I think FE7 is better. SS is just...really easy, partially because you can actually grind maps. Still very worth playing though, I love the old sprites from the GBA games!

RockDrummer616 wrote:
I'm a big fan. My favorites happen to be the Gamecube and Wii ones that you haven't played. I like the story in those best and the Wii one is one of the most difficult games I have played. I was never even able to beat it on normal mode even though I beat the Gamecube one on hard. The one for the DS is pretty fun too, even though the story is pretty minimal, the levels are fun and you can change the classes of most of your characters. I'm not buying a 3DS just to play the new one though, it doesn't seem like a worthwhile purchase since I probably wouldn't play any other games on it.

They do look good, I just always preferred FE as portable games, that's part of what makes them so enjoyable for me. I've always spent more time playing my gameboys than actual consoles and don't have much motivation to buy a wii again.

I don't blame you for not wanting to get a 3ds for one game, I felt the same as you but was finally convinced after this was announced along with a re-release of Soul Hackers and a new Shin Megami Tensei title.