Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

What was your favorite Mario Party game?
Mario Party 1 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Party 2 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Mario Party 3 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Party 4 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Mario Party 5 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Mario Party 6 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Party 7 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Mario Party 8 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Party 9 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I don't have a favorite. I like them all the same. 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
I don't have a favorite. I am not big on the Mario Party games. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 10

chssmstrjk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jan 2013, 2:31 pm

What was your favorite Mario Party game and why?

My favorite Mario Party game in the franchise was Mario Party 3 because of the various boards with exciting events that happen when you land on the ? spaces, fun mini-games, various game modes, and the fact that the main antagonist of the Adventure Mode is not Bowser.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2013, 5:04 pm

I like Mario Party 9 cause it has the best graphics and it includes boss fights too. The boards also don't take quite as long as other Mario Party games.

You ever played the weird Mario Party games for the Nintendo DS and GBA? The only ones I've never played yet are 6 and 7 for the Gamecube.

chssmstrjk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jan 2013, 6:18 pm

Venger wrote:
I like Mario Party 9 cause it has the best graphics and it includes boss fights too. The boards also don't take quite as long as other Mario Party games.

That is true. But it is as not much of a party since you can just breeze through a single board' game without playing a single mini-game (with the exception of the mini-boss and boss battles) since there is a lot of luck involved in the Mario Party games (although there is some skill involved in the mini-games and timing of roulettes where even that is luck at times).

Venger wrote:
You ever played the weird Mario Party games for the Nintendo DS and GBA? The only ones I've never played yet are 6 and 7 for the Gamecube.

I've never played the Mario Party games for the Nintendo DS and GBA (those are actually the only Mario Party games that I haven't played yet). I have played the other Mario Party games though. I have heard so-so things about those Mario Party games for the DS and GBA.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2013, 6:28 pm

The GBA Mario Party is totally single-player oriented. It's probably the most different game in the series.

chssmstrjk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jan 2013, 11:09 pm

Venger wrote:
The GBA Mario Party is totally single-player oriented. It's probably the most different game in the series.

Well, it is different from the other games in the series in the sense that the GBA Mario Party is focused more on single-player gameplay than multi-player gameplay. Although the Mario Party games are fun to play with other people and by yourself, those games are actually more fun when you are able to play it with multiple people than by yourself. To those who enjoy multiplayer game play, they are probably going to rip on the GBA Mario Party game for that.

To be honest, I cannot give an opinion on the GBA Mario Party game since I haven't played it myself. But I can definitely understand why the game has received a lot of negative reviews. But what do you think of the game, Venger?

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

06 Jan 2013, 1:57 am

Mario Party 8.

Why? It's the only one I own. :lol:

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 4:31 am

chssmstrjk wrote:

To be honest, I cannot give an opinion on the GBA Mario Party game since I haven't played it myself. But I can definitely understand why the game has received a lot of negative reviews. But what do you think of the game, Venger?

I rented it from Gamefly not too long ago, and I played through it on the Gamecube Gameboy-Player on my HDTV. I thought it was fun, but I see how it could be considered lame on the little GBA screen.

Have you played that Wii game called "Fortune Street" yet? It's kind of a cross between Mario Party and Monopoly. It also includes online play.

chssmstrjk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2013, 9:41 am

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Mario Party 8.

Why? It's the only one I own. :lol:

LOL. In my humble opinion, Mario Party 8 is a decent Mario Party game. At least, in that game, it reverts back to using items in the board games like the classic Mario Party games instead of using orbs in the board games like Mario Party 5, 6, and 7.

chssmstrjk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2013, 9:44 am

Venger wrote:
chssmstrjk wrote:

I rented it from Gamefly not too long ago, and I played through it on the Gamecube Gameboy-Player on my HDTV. I thought it was fun, but I see how it could be considered lame on the little GBA screen.

Have you played that Wii game called "Fortune Street" yet? It's kind of a cross between Mario Party and Monopoly. It also includes online play.

Although I have heard of Fortune Street and seen copies of it in my local Walmart store, I never bothered playing it. How about you, Venger? If you have played it, what did you think of the game?

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 12:26 pm

chssmstrjk wrote:
Although I have heard of Fortune Street and seen copies of it in my local Walmart store, I never bothered playing it. How about you, Venger? If you have played it, what did you think of the game?

I like it. It has various Mario and Dragon Quest themed boards since it's published by Nintendo, but developed by Square/Enix. There's only a few different mini-games though since it's like Monopoly.

It's cool it has online-play since Mario Party games never do. I tried the online just once when I rented it, and the person I was playing against suddenly quit after about 45 minutes right as I was about to win. That's funny cause I always thought Mario Party online wouldn't work very well because it would take too long. But the opposite happened where my opponent was willing to take the time to play, but then they STILL quit right before I won. :? pretty stupid right? lol

chssmstrjk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2013, 7:15 pm

Venger wrote:

I like it. It has various Mario and Dragon Quest themed boards since it's published by Nintendo, but developed by Square/Enix. There's only a few different mini-games though since it's like Monopoly.

That's good to hear that you enjoy the game. Yeah, I have gathered by seeing a few videos of the gameplay in Fortune Street that Fortune Street is basically Monopoly with a mix of Mario Party characters and various characters from other Japanese games.

Venger wrote:
I tried the online just once when I rented it, and the person I was playing against suddenly quit after about 45 minutes right as I was about to win. That's funny cause I always thought Mario Party online wouldn't work very well because it would take too long. But the opposite happened where my opponent was willing to take the time to play, but then they STILL quit right before I won. :? pretty stupid right? lol

:lol: Yeah that is pretty stupid for a person to quit a game right before it ends. Shows how good of a sport he/she is.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 6:55 am

Do you think Mario Party online would work very well? Even a 10-turn game would take around 30-40 minutes which is a bit long for online play. People would constantly quit because the game is taking a long time. Or they'd be willing to stay in, but then quit as soon as it was obvious they're gonna lose near the end of it and make it a big waste of time for everybody.

A mini-game online mode would work I suppose. :idea:

chssmstrjk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2013, 10:19 am

Venger wrote:
Do you think Mario Party online would work very well? Even a 10-turn game would take around 30-40 minutes which is a bit long for online play. People would constantly quit because the game is taking a long time. Or they'd be willing to stay in, but then quit as soon as it was obvious they're gonna lose near the end of it and make it a big waste of time for everybody.

Given how often people quit games online games before they are even finished, I don't think that will work. But it wouldn't hurt to try that at all.

Venger wrote:
A mini-game online mode would work I suppose. :idea:

I think that will work better than the Mario Party online board game. It should be one of those mini-game decathlon modes like those seen in Mario Party 5, 6, and 7. Those modes usually take 15-20 minutes at the most to finish. For the decathlon, the mini-games should vary each time so it's not the same thing over and over again.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

08 Jan 2013, 9:32 pm

I love them all the same, really. Even though I have not played an MP game since 5.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

chssmstrjk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jan 2013, 9:49 pm

equestriatola wrote:
I love them all the same, really. Even though I have not played an MP game since 5.

So I am taking it that you loved all of the first 5 MP games (i.e. Mario Party 1, Mario Party 2, Mario Party 3, Mario Party 4, Mario Party 5) and stopped playing the MP games past Mario Party 5 at that point. Is that right?

chssmstrjk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2013, 10:35 pm

equestriatola wrote:

Tell me this, equestriatola. What parts of the Mario Party games that you have played did you enjoy the most?