New Xbox is called Xbox One, airing live right now.

Page 8 of 10 [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 10:16 pm

Bataar wrote:
Right, because with an service this important, Microsoft isn't going to have any redundancy . . . . . :roll:

Right... and we've never seen xbox live go down... for days at a time... and with any frequency... that could never happen

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 7:24 am

Feralucce wrote:
Bataar wrote:
Right, because with an service this important, Microsoft isn't going to have any redundancy . . . . . :roll:

Right... and we've never seen xbox live go down... for days at a time... and with any frequency... that could never happen

Do keep in mind that Xbox One might just require a PING to satisfy this requirement, not a transfer of data packets of any volume. It'd not be hard to have a reliable system for that, but we are talking about Microsoft. :lol:

WorldsEdge
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jun 2013, 5:04 pm

Has anyone heard anything about release dates yet? Not that I'd buy anything in 2013, but Amazon.com is currently showing a ship dates for the XB1 "Standard" edition as of December 31, 2013. They're not going to make Christmas? Or is this something they just shoved in since they're not sure?

XBox One "Standard"(?)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CMQ ... 60poker-20

There's also a "Day One" edition that has neither price nor ship date at Amazon, but I'm kind of wondering if that's what you'd have to buy to have it under your Christmas tree...Very strange, if so.

****EDIT****
On a whim I checked Walmart.com. They're calling everything a "Day One" bundle, with what Amazon calls their Day One offering being a "Day One Solutions Bundle," at Wal-Mart.com, for $618. Probably just a labeling thing, since it is too early to tell.

FWIW, the extra $120 gives you one game, a 12 month XBLA Gold membership, a different controller, a special "Achievement"(?) and a...decal(?). Might be worth it, I suppose, but at first glance this kind of thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth for some reason. And would really annoy me if this is something my 7 y/o son really wanted from Santa, and if this were the only way to get it in time for Christmas.

See here - lnk

"The man who has fed the chicken every day throughout its life at last wrings its neck instead, showing that more refined views as to the uniformity of nature would have been useful to the chicken." ? Bertrand Russell

AspergerGamer64
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Jun 2013, 4:39 pm

Xbox Live for the Xbox One will only be available in select countries.

here the link http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/pre- ... disclaimer

world wide release my ares

Mike1
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2013, 8:46 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxkEe_l7S3g[/youtube]

Adamalone
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jun 2013, 10:11 pm

CD Projekt Red, makers of witcher 3 which was shown during microsofts conference is located in Poland.
And Microsoft decides not to release the system there?!

It takes a lot for me to truly hate something but well done microsoft you actually got me to that point.
In under a month they have managed to go from respected, to a joke and now i'm just disgusted with them.

Can we just all agree that they are dead before release and never speak of them again please?

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2013, 3:38 am

Quote:

So if you do not connect to the internet past that 24 hour mark, you Xbox One games will not be playable, regardless if it's a single player game or not.

I wasn't planning on buying it anyways and have never owned any kind of Xbox but that does make it impossible to own for me. I don't have wifi. I have 1 internet cord which is staying in my computer. I couldn't even put the internet cord in the console without moving my internet box somewhere else and plugging it in somewhere else just so the internet cord could reach the console by the tv.

There is a Wii in my house that has never been connected to the internet. I have no interest in multiplayer games other than the mmorpg I play which I pretty much play like it's a single player game.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2013, 10:54 am

Mike1 wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxkEe_l7S3g[/youtube]

A fair point, but it's clear One is the next-next-gen. That means 360 will be phased out in a few years...unless One blows in market reception.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2013, 6:16 pm

They sure aren't building any bridges here
http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/13/us-navy ... e-members/

greengeek
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jun 2013, 8:49 pm

The Xbox One, kind of reminds me of a Modern Philips CD-i machine with some serious restrictions, as that was supposed to be an all-in-one information appliance, as they say you can mostly to add to you TV experience, except you have to run a cable box through this. They should remake or rerelease the Nintendo games for the CD-i on the Xbox One, along with possibly remaking Night Trap. I'm wondering if when they end support for the Xbox One, if unhacked consoles will only be worth the price of the scrap metal in them, as they need to check in, or they won't play games.

BrokenTrumpet
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jun 2013, 10:10 pm

I'm surprised this joke hasn't been posted here yet.
At the same time I disagree with the console's name, it should be the XBox Zero. Because the original XBox will have a better legacy.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2013, 10:40 pm

I just had to put this.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07l18DeHMgg[/youtube]

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Adamalone
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2013, 9:30 am

Dead Rising 3 is an Xbox One exclusive. It won't sell nor help the sales of the Xbox One. Microsoft just give the fans what they want before you they start hating you over the poor sales in Xbox One resulting in poor sales of DR3 which prevents the developing of another installment in the series. All that assuming the game itself gets good reviews.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2013, 6:05 pm

RW665
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2013, 7:37 pm

I guess if I had one I'd just unplug the power cord when done using it. That way kinect wouldn't be watching and listening all the time. It's still ridiculous to have to take these sorts of measures though.

Morbid Malign's askblog: http://askmorbidmalign.tumblr.com/