New Xbox is called Xbox One, airing live right now.

Page 5 of 10 [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

sixstring
Toucan
Toucan

24 May 2013, 4:01 am

Pondering wrote:
Is this a jab at microsoft or a jab at the fans?

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 4:20 am

I am sorry for Microsoft, but there will be no new X-Box console for me. I dont need a multimediacenter, therefore I have my computer, I dont want it to need internet connection, therefore I also have my computer...

The great advantage of a console for me, was that it was simple. You could share games easily among your friends, borrow a game for some days to find out if you really like it and want to buy it yourself, simply take the memory and go to a party and use your savegames on another persons X-Box without troubles, and simply needed a television to plug it in.

So they have taken themselves the only advantages it had. Because for everything else a computer is better. I dont understand it, why they act they do.

Its a console, so for me is it is supposed to be simply, and simply for gaming. And thats where it lacks now. So the new X-Box is a piece of junk. I simply dont understand, why Microsoft expects me to waste money for junk I dont need?

Bataar wrote:
Ultimately, it will depend on the quality of the games. If the games are good, I'll want one. Personally, I think the multimedia capabilities they showed look really useful. If it has the games I want, I'll get one. If not, I won't.

No, it will depend on the quality of the games, that are exclusive released on X-Box. Because why should I buy myself a good quality game for the new X-Box, when the game is also released on the new playstation, that will have more technical power and not terrorize me with that multimedia/onlince-check stuff? Beside Halo I dont know many interesting X-Box only games.

TheBraveSirRobin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 May 2013, 4:53 am

Schneekugel wrote:
Bataar wrote:
Ultimately, it will depend on the quality of the games. If the games are good, I'll want one. Personally, I think the multimedia capabilities they showed look really useful. If it has the games I want, I'll get one. If not, I won't.

No, it will depend on the quality of the games, that are exclusive released on X-Box. Because why should I buy myself a good quality game for the new X-Box, when the game is also released on the new playstation, that will have more technical power and not terrorize me with that multimedia/onlince-check stuff? Beside Halo I dont know many interesting X-Box only games.

To be honest, there really aren't any seriously good Xbox exclusives out there. Just the Halo series (which I almost consider to be a living travesty to itself in the hands 343 Industries) and the Gears of War series (which people that aren't big Xbox fans seem to forget about); all the gems of the collection of exclusives that it has are missing at least one of three things: they don't have mass appeal at any level, they are older games with no sequels, or they've eventually been ported to PS3 or PC.

Deep down inside I'm still an Xbox fan, and I'm going to be sad if the Xbox One succeeds, because the only exclusive it has that can possibly sell the system is Call of Duty, and that happening would be just sad.

And, by the way sixstring:
sixstring wrote:

I think the picture is a just a random joke made from that particular screenshot, nothing more.

sixstring
Toucan
Toucan

24 May 2013, 5:46 am

TheBraveSirRobin wrote:
because the only exclusive it has that can possibly sell the system is Call of Duty, and that happening would be just sad.
Uh... CoD : Ghosts is not XO exclusive... It will be released on 360, PS3, PS4 and PC as well.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 8:47 am

Schneekugel wrote:
The great advantage of a console for me, was that it was simple. You could share games easily among your friends, borrow a game for some days to find out if you really like it and want to buy it yourself, simply take the memory and go to a party and use your savegames on another persons X-Box without troubles, and simply needed a television to plug it in.

So they have taken themselves the only advantages it had. Because for everything else a computer is better. I dont understand it, why they act they do.

I understand.

Some would say it's about money...and indeed that might play into the equation, but the real issue is destroying privacy.

The Holy Grail of gaming was the console because it was SIMPLE. Simple for the owner. Simple for the game developer. PCs remain a pain in the butt because even with DirectX eliminating having to code for dozens (or even hundreds) of different drivers from different card makers, there were always performance issues with hardware not working quite right with the game. How many PC users had to buy new cards to be able to play the latest game?

Consoles were a set standard. It's why I went to console gaming.

This new setup requires you to be online. It will monitor your activities and usage (ignore "opt out" claims....you really will never know in what ways the data is exploited). The new setup will focus on making you "plugged in" to the grid all the time.

It's no different than the "smart meters" they want on everyone's home. Those meters monitor your energy usage for profiling. When they make appliances that can communicate with these smart meters, the utility companies can gather all the more data on your habits, and indeed they plan to use the data to start dictating how you use energy (like your house at 72...well, we think it doesn't need to be less than 75).

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 4:58 pm

Feralucce wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
Turn out my it won't work on my Tv, no analogue output: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124272-Xbox-One-Wont-Support-SDTVs

It seem Microsoft don't care anymore anbout PC gaming. http://www.shacknews.com/article/79308/microsoft-wont-cater-to-traditional-desktop-pc-gamers-with-first

At least the Kinect would be coming for PC, which is good news; It is a amazing piece of technology, just misused for games. (It's interesting in robotic, for example.)

The problem with the analogue is that CONGRESS made a law requiring that all broadcasts be made digital... and with entertainment technology heading towards high def exclusively, they don't need to cater to people with analogue tvs...

and drivers exist for the kinect on PC... and MANY hacks are available for it.

I got digital cable, it still got analogue outputs.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 6:41 pm

Tollorin wrote:
I got digital cable, it still got analogue outputs.

Yes. It does... And they will continue to as long as the stock of those cable boxes is in extant... but as they fail, and since they are not being manufactured anymore... eventually, they won't be available anymore... Kinda like the RF input... TVs used to have those... then composite (yellow video) came out... some tvs still had the RF plate... Then component (RGB RCA style connectors) came out... and RF slowly disappeared...

Now that HDMI is the standard...it is not long til the yellow video is gone as well...

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 6:53 pm

sixstring wrote:
TheBraveSirRobin wrote:
because the only exclusive it has that can possibly sell the system is Call of Duty, and that happening would be just sad.
Uh... CoD : Ghosts is not XO exclusive... It will be released on 360, PS3, PS4 and PC as well.

It's coming to the Wii U, as well.

More about Xbox One's severe violations of privacy.... not just this: www.extremetech.com/gaming/139706-micro ... r-the-mpaa

But now also this: www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4353580/kinec ... p-priority

Really sounds like a dream come true for the FBI, CIA and other, similar organizations around the world. In fact, this even has been confirmed to happen by the former director of CIA, David Petraeus: www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/03/petraeus-tv-remote/

George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four, here we come! Except that this "console" won't sell, of course. More or less not so, anyway. Unfortunately, I am aware that many people care so little about their privacy that they even will choose to buy some crappy entertainment system like the Xbox One, rather than stand firm in defense of what is left of people's privacy, in this world. Then, of course, many others are simply not aware of how every last bit of their privacy keeps being taken away at such an alarming rate. :/ At this rate, the CIA, FBI, TSA and similar organizations around the world will be right beside you in your livingroom, bedroom and wherever else you might occupy yourself... when will people wake up and oppose this? Looking at history around the world - maybe never. People believe what they want to believe. :/

sixstring
Toucan
Toucan

24 May 2013, 7:52 pm

To be fair, both Sony and Microsoft own hundreds of patents they never applied. But since Microsoft has not denied the rumor it is really scary.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

sixstring
Toucan
Toucan

24 May 2013, 9:03 pm

Tollorin wrote:
I know right? So Microsoft is predicting PS4 and Wii U sales combined will be around 990 million units or what?

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2013, 6:48 pm

TheBraveSirRobin wrote:
Schneekugel wrote:
Bataar wrote:

To be honest, there really aren't any seriously good Xbox exclusives out there. Just the Halo series (which I almost consider to be a living travesty to itself in the hands 343 Industries) and the Gears of War series (which people that aren't big Xbox fans seem to forget about); all the gems of the collection of exclusives that it has are missing at least one of three things: they don't have mass appeal at any level, they are older games with no sequels, or they've eventually been ported to PS3 or PC.

Deep down inside I'm still an Xbox fan, and I'm going to be sad if the Xbox One succeeds, because the only exclusive it has that can possibly sell the system is Call of Duty, and that happening would be just sad.

And, by the way sixstring:
sixstring wrote:

I think the picture is a just a random joke made from that particular screenshot, nothing more.

Good Xbox exclusives include:
Halo
Gears of War
Forza
Fable
Alan Wake
Quantum Break (It's a Remedy game and so I assume it will be good)

I'm not saying Xbox will be the best console next gen like it was last gen, but even so, there will be enough exclusives to make me want one.

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2013, 7:04 pm

Eh... They couldn't name it any better...

Reality is, Microsoft knows many millions will still buy this and their subscription / gold models.

PS4 and Sony seems more prepared this time round, I guess lesions have been learned.

I'm a PlayStation gamer, but a too-poor-to-be-a-PC gamer. :(

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2013, 12:13 am

sixstring wrote:
To be fair, both Sony and Microsoft own hundreds of patents they never applied. But since Microsoft has not denied the rumor it is really scary.

It'll be there. And it'll be blocked in a month once someone figures out how to disable the mic without telling the system that it's turned off.

You will reap what you've sown.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2013, 1:59 pm

^ Someone who buys a game console should not have to hack the god damned thing so that they can play games they purchase.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2013, 7:17 pm

staremaster wrote:
^ Someone who buys a game console should not have to hack the god damned thing so that they can play games they purchase.

And they won't have to.