Page 3 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2014, 10:49 am

If it's games you want to play, then the XBOX One for now.
I had a PS4 for just over a month and got bored very fast.

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2014, 12:30 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
legomyego wrote:
Xbox Done....is like asking the nsa to have a permanent residence in your home...

And aside from the privacy factor....the PS4 controller is very comfortable (at least for me...big improvement over previous versions of dualshock)

Good call, Sony does have a good track with privacy. Remember that time Microsoft network got hacked and all of the personal information got leaked? It is a terrible thing that Microsoft put in a device necessary to work all of the time that can apparently see through all conventional items that might be placed in front of the camera. It is such a risk.

*coughCOUGH*

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/sony-fined-almost-400000-for-2011-playstation-security-breach/

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/science-technology/sony-fined-250000-for-data-breach-1552728

:chin:

WorldsEdge
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jan 2014, 12:54 pm

black_legion wrote:
Honestly, in my opinion you're probably just better off getting a PC until the prices go down because they're just ridiculous at the moment.

I don't think a price cut for either is in the cards, at least any time soon. Both are sold at what is very close to their manufacture cost, if what I've read is to be believed. See here:

Sony’s PS4 Reportedly Costs $381 to Manufacture (link)

Xbox One Costs Microsoft $471 to Manufacture (link)

"The man who has fed the chicken every day throughout its life at last wrings its neck instead, showing that more refined views as to the uniformity of nature would have been useful to the chicken." ? Bertrand Russell

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2014, 1:36 pm

Ladywoofwoof wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:
Good call, Sony does have a good track with privacy. Remember that time Microsoft network got hacked and all of the personal information got leaked? It is a terrible thing that Microsoft put in a device necessary to work all of the time that can apparently see through all conventional items that might be placed in front of the camera. It is such a risk.

*coughCOUGH*

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/sony-fined-almost-400000-for-2011-playstation-security-breach/

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/science-technology/sony-fined-250000-for-data-breach-1552728

:chin:

Yeah, I was being very sarcastic as it is Sony that had security leak. Also the kinnect does not yet have x-ray vision and as far as I know you can disconnect it while you find it unnecessary, making complaints of security risks to be rather weak.

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2014, 6:06 pm

:-) Fair enough.

In fairness to people, it IS a bit creepy though when the Kinect for Xbox 360 starts shifting its eye around to look at you every time you switch it on.

PhillyG
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Jan 2014, 8:30 pm

I think the consoles themselves are too evenly matched for you to make a decision based just of the consoles. You should look at the exclusives and decide which games you like best

Anxiety
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Jan 2014, 1:53 pm

Too the Flame/Console War Shelter!

Image[u]

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2014, 3:04 pm

PhillyG wrote:
I think the consoles themselves are too evenly matched for you to make a decision based just of the consoles. You should look at the exclusives and decide which games you like best

^ this

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2014, 5:05 pm

I have decided to get a PS4, and upgrade/finish fixing my laptop.
Most of the games I like are on PS4.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2014, 7:28 pm

Tross wrote:
Anxiety wrote:
Microsoft will always make better hardware, that's why i chose the Xbox 360 over the PS3 Back then.
Play station has always been extremely overrated (IMO...), often people just assumed since its by a "Japanese" Corporation it must be more advanced, while the majority of the Sony staff are Caucasian.

Also the Xbox One specs are higher than the PS4, which is all you should need too know which one too buy, it also has better exclusives according too the majority. (Fact)

TL:DR= Choose the X-one. :D

You're joking right? The only time MS had better hardware than Sony was with the original xbox. The 360 may have seemed better at times, since it was easier to program for, but in reality that couldn't be further from the truth. This time around, the ps4 not only has better hardware but it too is easy to program for, so no one can possibly have the same misconception with it. What planet are you living on? If you're being sarcastic, I would recommend putting a /s in your post, because we can't hear your tone of voice when we read it.

As for the exclusives, I will concede that there are grounds to prefer xb1's lineup for the time being, but if you look at future releases, Sony has way more on the way than MS, and neither system is really that great for the time being. Plus, you have to pay for Kinect with the xb1, whether you want it or not, which is why it's more expensive. If the OP wants my honest opinion, I say, wait a little while to invest in either system, but if I had to choose, I would say to get a ps4, and maybe get a wiiu if you want a second system. By the way, I'm not actually trolling the xb1. If it's what you want, get it for the exclusives it offers. None are substantial enough for me to be interested in it, but there is merit there for some.

Nah, dude, the 360 was faster aside from the easier to use CPU, the graphics processor was also faster than anything that was out on release...It had an X1800XT from ATI which was basically equivalent to the PS3 graphics processor from Nvidia, the 7800 GTX (or maybe 7900GT or something of that sort), but it had the first ever unified shaders and DirectX 10 graphical features...and also had better use of RAM.

That said, it wasn't like an improvement of the PS4 over the X1 (both of which, by the way, are nothing for their time compared to what the 360 or even the PS3 were back in the day), it was only like 10-20% difference as opposed to the 50% difference now.

other_worlds
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Jan 2014, 10:53 pm

I will be getting both and I have ample time as the expected lifespan of the 8th gen consoles is going to be a full 10 years, so do not expect PS5 or Xbox whatever...Xbox Two? Anyway, don't expect updates until 2023, just expect revised models with slimmer profiles and less overheating. Also, potentially expect to see the complete collapse of Nintendo followed by an auctioning of all of its assets over the next decade, Nintendo as a company is in a lot of financial trouble.

I feel like I will get Xbox One first because I want to play games like Quantum Break and the new Halo. I am sure I will own both before I know it, then watch them begin to collect dust for years as I continue to game on my PC more than anything :?

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2014, 5:01 pm

muslimmetalhead wrote:
Tross wrote:
Anxiety wrote:
Microsoft will always make better hardware, that's why i chose the Xbox 360 over the PS3 Back then.
Play station has always been extremely overrated (IMO...), often people just assumed since its by a "Japanese" Corporation it must be more advanced, while the majority of the Sony staff are Caucasian.

Also the Xbox One specs are higher than the PS4, which is all you should need too know which one too buy, it also has better exclusives according too the majority. (Fact)

TL:DR= Choose the X-one. :D

You're joking right? The only time MS had better hardware than Sony was with the original xbox. The 360 may have seemed better at times, since it was easier to program for, but in reality that couldn't be further from the truth. This time around, the ps4 not only has better hardware but it too is easy to program for, so no one can possibly have the same misconception with it. What planet are you living on? If you're being sarcastic, I would recommend putting a /s in your post, because we can't hear your tone of voice when we read it.

As for the exclusives, I will concede that there are grounds to prefer xb1's lineup for the time being, but if you look at future releases, Sony has way more on the way than MS, and neither system is really that great for the time being. Plus, you have to pay for Kinect with the xb1, whether you want it or not, which is why it's more expensive. If the OP wants my honest opinion, I say, wait a little while to invest in either system, but if I had to choose, I would say to get a ps4, and maybe get a wiiu if you want a second system. By the way, I'm not actually trolling the xb1. If it's what you want, get it for the exclusives it offers. None are substantial enough for me to be interested in it, but there is merit there for some.

Nah, dude, the 360 was faster aside from the easier to use CPU, the graphics processor was also faster than anything that was out on release...It had an X1800XT from ATI which was basically equivalent to the PS3 graphics processor from Nvidia, the 7800 GTX (or maybe 7900GT or something of that sort), but it had the first ever unified shaders and DirectX 10 graphical features...and also had better use of RAM.

That said, it wasn't like an improvement of the PS4 over the X1 (both of which, by the way, are nothing for their time compared to what the 360 or even the PS3 were back in the day), it was only like 10-20% difference as opposed to the 50% difference now.

In true it's a little more complicated than that. The CPU of the PS3 is powerful and can be used for some task normally made by the GPU. It is difficult to program, but it can be done, and when it's done it can outperform a XBox 360. For all partical purpose though, you mostly see it for some exclusives.

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2014, 12:05 am

mom got us the ps4.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2014, 4:00 am

first nice on getting the ps4.

I got the ps4 day one after waiting inline for all day.

my gaming backround is nes to sega genisis to ps1 to ps2 then xbox late in its life to ps3 then months later due to friends 360 which became the dominate console due to all my friends and now ps4.

why ps4 over xbox one, if i'd decided back in jan 2013 it'd probably been xbox. but then alot happen

my comparison to decide

xbox one
- forced to buy kenict for $100 more even though i don't want it
- cable run thru but only when on so need the xbox on basically 24/7 if you want to watch cable(i run it thru cable line not hdmi)
- netflix, amazon prime, hbo etc are behind the pay wall along with chatting and other things
+ i like the xbox controllers
+/- most of my so called friends are on xbox
- no way to check storage space, no way to check controller battery left, too complicated to get to friends, messages etc
+gets more timed exclusives and ads(Microsoft likes to spend its billions of dollars)
_ can't change hard drive without voiding warrenty
+comes with headset

ps4
+ camera is separate
+ is $100 less
+ netflix, amazon prime, hbo, etc, chatting, playing free to play games, etc are all free only AAA multiplayer requires psn+ which is $10 less then xbox live and i got it for $20 less then the stock price :)
+ the DS4 controller is a nice improvement over the DS3 still going take getting use to though or reuse to since i came from PlayStation lol
- no friends to play with and i kinda need people to play with
+ two free games each month eventually this goes for ps3, ps4, and vita right now theres 3 games free for ps3, 2 for ps4, and two for vita those add up to way over $50 a year that you pay for ps+
+ you can change the hard drive,
+its more powerful
+better interface over xbox's windows 8(hate hate hate it)
_ has wanna be headset that picks up everything ugh and hurts my ear

games is a minus for both consoles for me, neither have any i like besides Battlefield 4.
Games i looking forward too Metal gear solid 5(ps4, xbox one) Division(ps4,xbox one),elder scrolls/fallout 4(ps4, xbox one), minecraft(ps4,xbox one) the next last of us(ps4) next uncharted(ps4)

so as most are on both systems but the exclusives i want are on ps4 that's also a plus for it.

so i went ps4 and i'm bored in the games drought of 2014 mind you before this the last game i bought before bf4 was skyrim

kinda long but i only get to talk to people like one ever 3 months and not about topics i like.

ComicGeek88
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Apr 2014, 1:33 pm

PS4 all the way. I've got one. It has the best graphics out of all of the consoles I've played on. Not to mention, Infamous Second Son is a true masterpiece.

jayjayuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Apr 2014, 9:14 pm

I've got an xbox one with BF4, Fifa 14 and Forza 5. I much prefer Microsofts community. When I had a PS3 there were far more issues with cheating, glitching and what not. It ruined the online gameplay. The xbox 360 community dominated PS3's. I'm not sure how it is with PS4, but I felt it was wise to stick to a company that pretty much dominate the entire PC world in terms of market share (minus Linux and Apple).

But, since I purchased it on its release I've played it about 20 times. Either way it was probably a waste of money.

I don't mind paying for XBL because you pay for the upkeep of their servers which is good news for online gameplay.