Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Mar 2014, 4:27 pm

Just curious, and if so, have you played them all? :3

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2014, 10:57 pm

I freaking LOVE Kingdom Hearts, and even plan to get a PS4 ASAP in anticipation for KH3. THat said, I really didn't care for Chain Of Memories/RE: Chain Of Memories or 358/2 Days and never bothered with RE: Coded as the gameplay didn't interest me ( aside from the classic Final Fantasy style gameplay in Olympus Colosseum ). I plan to get both HD collections to get the full story as well as to replay KH2 and finally do all 3 stories in BBS as they're both Final Mix versions.

I'm hoping for KH3 to include worlds based on Toy Story, Tangled, Brave, Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers, Duck Tales, Gargoyles, Phineas & Ferb, Kim Possible, Wreck-It Ralph and Star Wars as well as maybe a Square Enix world like Mana, Chrono Trigger, TWEWY. Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest. Maybe have non-FF characters like how Dream Drop had TWEWY characters, like maybe seeing Jessica from Dragon Quest 8 or Aya Brea from Parasite Eve...

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 4:46 am

I played Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II when I had my PS2. I got very good at both of them, but ever since my PS2 died a few years ago, I can't play them anymore.

Prism
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Mar 2014, 10:46 am

newageretrohippie wrote:
I freaking LOVE Kingdom Hearts, and even plan to get a PS4 ASAP in anticipation for KH3. THat said, I really didn't care for Chain Of Memories/RE: Chain Of Memories or 358/2 Days and never bothered with RE: Coded as the gameplay didn't interest me ( aside from the classic Final Fantasy style gameplay in Olympus Colosseum ). I plan to get both HD collections to get the full story as well as to replay KH2 and finally do all 3 stories in BBS as they're both Final Mix versions.

I'm hoping for KH3 to include worlds based on Toy Story, Tangled, Brave, Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers, Duck Tales, Gargoyles, Phineas & Ferb, Kim Possible, Wreck-It Ralph and Star Wars as well as maybe a Square Enix world like Mana, Chrono Trigger, TWEWY. Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest. Maybe have non-FF characters like how Dream Drop had TWEWY characters, like maybe seeing Jessica from Dragon Quest 8 or Aya Brea from Parasite Eve...

Cool, for a while I thought this thread would go ignored and rest in oblivion from the abundance of posts. For me, as long as KH III has Kairi as a playable character, I'd be satisfied. XD I loved playing as Aqua in BBS.

ZpykeEboto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Mar 2014, 10:32 am

I love the series. Waiting to grab the HD remakes when I can. I need to grab the other handheld games so I can play them in order. I, for one, enjoyed Chain of Memories. Just not having to grind for certain cards.

Was BBS part of the hand-held games? I don't remember that acronym. I don't remember a lot, actually. Been too long since I played. =S

What always impressed me, though, was watching people beat the game's hardest bosses at around level 30 or 40. I certainly don't have the patience to memorize the attack patterns to never be hit.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2014, 11:25 am

ZpykeEboto wrote:
I love the series. Waiting to grab the HD remakes when I can. I need to grab the other handheld games so I can play them in order. I, for one, enjoyed Chain of Memories. Just not having to grind for certain cards.

Was BBS part of the hand-held games? I don't remember that acronym. I don't remember a lot, actually. Been too long since I played. =S

What always impressed me, though, was watching people beat the game's hardest bosses at around level 30 or 40. I certainly don't have the patience to memorize the attack patterns to never be hit.

BBS is Birth By Sleep, the PSP game. IMO it was the best of the handheld games, though that's mostly due to the fact that it doesn't have any annoying gimmicks ( cards, panel system, touch controls, etc ). The upcoming 2.5 HD Remix includes the Final Mix version as well as KH2 Final Mix.

Fun fact: Aqua from Birth By Sleep is voiced by the actress who plays Thea Queen on Arrow.

ZpykeEboto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Mar 2014, 11:57 am

newageretrohippie wrote:
BBS is Birth By Sleep, the PSP game. IMO it was the best of the handheld games, though that's mostly due to the fact that it doesn't have any annoying gimmicks ( cards, panel system, touch controls, etc ). The upcoming 2.5 HD Remix includes the Final Mix version as well as KH2 Final Mix.

Fun fact: Aqua from Birth By Sleep is voiced by the actress who plays Thea Queen on Arrow.

Ah, I see. Is there any reason why they're releasing a HD version of BBS but not the other hand-held games (Besides Chain of Memories which had a PS2 port.)?

And speaking of voices, does the Japanese version have Japanese voices for everyone, or is it English, too? I just find the idea of all the Disney characters speaking Japanese funny.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 12:04 am

ZpykeEboto wrote:
newageretrohippie wrote:

Ah, I see. Is there any reason why they're releasing a HD version of BBS but not the other hand-held games (Besides Chain of Memories which had a PS2 port.)?

And speaking of voices, does the Japanese version have Japanese voices for everyone, or is it English, too? I just find the idea of all the Disney characters speaking Japanese funny.

Technically they are doing the other handheld games ( aside from Dream Drop Distance ), only not in playable form. 1.5 Remix includes the cutscenes & journal entries for 358/2 Days, while 2.5 Remix will do the same for RE: Coded. I'm just going to assume nobody liked playing them so no playable HD versions of them ( also, they on the DS so that might have something to do with it as well since they used both screens ). No idea on your voices question, though.

ZpykeEboto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Mar 2014, 6:14 am

newageretrohippie wrote:
Technically they are doing the other handheld games ( aside from Dream Drop Distance ), only not in playable form. 1.5 Remix includes the cutscenes & journal entries for 358/2 Days, while 2.5 Remix will do the same for RE: Coded. I'm just going to assume nobody liked playing them so no playable HD versions of them ( also, they on the DS so that might have something to do with it as well since they used both screens ). No idea on your voices question, though.

Well, I knew of the HD movie formats of the DS games, I just didn't understand why. From what I understood, most fans liked the DS games. I don't see why the touch controls can't be converted in some way.

I guess they're not going to do cutscene compilations or remakes for the PSP/3DS games.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 11:56 pm

ZpykeEboto wrote:
newageretrohippie wrote:

Well, I knew of the HD movie formats of the DS games, I just didn't understand why. From what I understood, most fans liked the DS games. I don't see why the touch controls can't be converted in some way.

I guess they're not going to do cutscene compilations or remakes for the PSP/3DS games.

3DS Dream Drop Distance, no...but Birth By Sleep is the ONLY PSP entry in the series and the Final Mix version is part of the upcoming 2.5 HD Remix.

ZpykeEboto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Mar 2014, 7:25 am

newageretrohippie wrote:

Don't remember where I heard it, but doesn't Disney own Marvel now? If so, maybe we could see iconic Marvel characters in KH3.

Then again, this game has been in development for quite some time, so even if they did own Marvel, the game may not have been designed with Marvel in mind.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2014, 8:12 am

ZpykeEboto wrote:
newageretrohippie wrote:

Don't remember where I heard it, but doesn't Disney own Marvel now? If so, maybe we could see iconic Marvel characters in KH3.

Then again, this game has been in development for quite some time, so even if they did own Marvel, the game may not have been designed with Marvel in mind.

Yes, Disney owns Marvel. Tetsuya Nomura actually said he'd like to include both Marvel and Star Wars in the series during an interview about KH3. Not sure I'd like a marvel world though, unless it involves teaming up with Spider-Man ( maybe the boss fight could be the Sinister Six ).

ZpykeEboto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Mar 2014, 3:24 pm

newageretrohippie wrote:
Yes, Disney owns Marvel. Tetsuya Nomura actually said he'd like to include both Marvel and Star Wars in the series during an interview about KH3. Not sure I'd like a marvel world though, unless it involves teaming up with Spider-Man ( maybe the boss fight could be the Sinister Six ).

I would like to see the X-Men Academy, myself. =3