Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2014, 4:42 am

I'm looking for fellow female Aspie gamers, preferably in their/around 20's, and preferably Christian ones at that. I feel like I'm always in the minority when it comes to playing games, because I'm a female, an Aspie, and a Christian. Most gamers I know are definitely guys, either younger or older(so we can't relate that well to each other), and mostly not religious(which is fine with me, but I want to know about other Christian gamers out there, preferably fellow female Aspies).

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2014, 8:29 am

Actually, 40% of all gamers are female.

BrianOconner
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Jul 2014, 5:25 am

Again I am not what you are looking for either, I am 21, M, and somewhat of a Christian. My Faith has been up air in the past few years. Depending on what you play, would be cool to have someone to talk to about religion or just whatever.

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2014, 12:24 am

BrianOconner wrote:
Again I am not what you are looking for either, I am 21, M, and somewhat of a Christian. My Faith has been up air in the past few years. Depending on what you play, would be cool to have someone to talk to about religion or just whatever.

That would be pretty cool. Always looking for gaming buddies!
I'm afraid to say though, that I don't have a favorite genre. I like a lot of genres. What about you?

Zephyo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Jul 2014, 1:18 pm

Greetings. I'm a Christian guy as well, 24 years old. Favorite genre is the rpg, but I play a variety of games. Recently re-acquired my computer, and I'm gonna be slowly returning to my gamer ways. I would love to have some fellow aspies to co-op with, so I hope you don't mind my intrusion into your thread. Please feel free to chase me away with a beating stick =p

Haven't been playing a whole lot of games lately, as I have a shoddy internet with a data cap. But the one game I was obsessed with before falling inactive was Hawken (a mech-based FPS shooter). Got really good at curving missiles around corners...my interest in the game started solely because of said homing missiles. I stopped playing just before their big update, so I can't say how it plays now, but I really enjoyed my time with it.

swashyrose

28 Jul 2014, 9:05 pm

Christian, Female, 27yo. PS3.
Favourite games:
Atelier Series, Tomb Raider, Okami, Final Fantasy X.
I don't play games online because bandwidth is limited here and costs moolah.
Pleased to meet you. I know those feels, bro.

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 3:30 pm

Keniichi wrote:
I'm looking for fellow female Aspie gamers, preferably in their/around 20's, and preferably Christian ones at that. I feel like I'm always in the minority when it comes to playing games, because I'm a female, an Aspie, and a Christian. Most gamers I know are definitely guys, either younger or older(so we can't relate that well to each other), and mostly not religious(which is fine with me, but I want to know about other Christian gamers out there, preferably fellow female Aspies).

Is the gaming community especially non-religious / non-Christian as compared to the rest of society? I don't suppose I see Christianity or religion being discussed much during in-game chats but never really thought about it one way or the other.

As for aspie and female, well, we aspies are, for better or worse, relatively uncommon I suppose, even in a community that centers around an activity that would probably tend to draw in a lot of us. As for female, well, I am male and at least in most of the games I play, there seem to be few females, or if they are, they don't announce themselves much (when they do, they are subjected to obnoxious and juvenile attempts to flirt and hit on them that never end).

starbead
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Aug 2014, 5:47 am

Keniichi wrote:

I understand where you're coming from! Most Christians I know don't understand my interest in gaming or other "geek culture" (anime, sci-fi, etc), and see it as a waste of time or "humanistic garbage" (oy, seriously?). And most gamers I know don't want to talk about theology, which a huge obsession of mine. I went to bible college and I feel like I'm called to ministry, but I've sorta stalled out due to social anxiety issues. Anyway, nice to meet someone with similar interests. :D

I do know a few other female gamers. Our numbers are growing. :) Though it is still a bit amusing to hear a guy say "Wait...YOU play video games?!"

Current favorite games (shortcuts on my desktop right now): Minecraft (heavily modded), Guild Wars 2, Skyrim, FFVII (via Steam), Sims 3

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2014, 11:48 pm

I'm not female, but I'm 24 and Catholic. Video games are basically the only thing I pay attention to aside from spending time with my family and dog.

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 2:45 am

Glad to know other female Christian aspies play video games! I thought I was alone!

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 1:03 pm

i am a gamer myself and i dont allow myself to get all crazy over girls that make me feel irritated about gaming. but seriously a woman saying she knows how to use a controller when she doesnt even have a whole gaming life or doesnt even focus is just dumb.

rainydaykid

16 Oct 2014, 9:23 am

Keniichi wrote:

I'm not a christian, because so much of the bible strains belief, things like the worldwide flood, not enough water, fluid dynamics, massive tidal waves would kill everything, ect. There is no geological evidence of this, nor any evidence people ever lived hundreds of years. In fact, there isn't any evidence for anything in the bible. I was brainwashed southern baptist, so I know what it was like growing up that way. Learn to think for yourself, and you will be much happier.

Bald-Accountant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Oct 2014, 11:14 am

I am obviously a guy so sorry if I am not supposed to post here.

I am 47 and not jsut an Aspie but a father of a 15 year old Aspie Gamer. Our whole family are Christians and we try really hard to help our kids but let them make up their minds about God.

I am sorry to say that while a lot of video gamers and RPG players are girls, there can be a lot of dangers for girls, so I pray that god will watch over you.

I just recently started playing D & D again and was looking to start DMing on Roll 20. Antoehr older guy who DMS told me that you really there are girl gamesr but a lot of times they dont reveal their sex, even going as far as to use text only versus voice to play the game. he said and I have experienced that a lot of the guys want to just make tons of sophmoric sex related jokes. It is sad, but I guess part of it is youth.
It would be great if someday the younger generation would chill out in that regard and treat people with the same respect they do IRL, but today is sadly not that day.

But dont let that keep you from enjoying the games (and beating the gusy in the process)

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2014, 5:19 pm

I'm a Christian male aspie gamer! Although I don't like referring to myself as a gamer, I've definitely played more than my fair share of games.

JamXmed
Raven
Raven

17 Oct 2014, 5:29 pm

Bald-Accountant wrote:
I am obviously a guy so sorry if I am not supposed to post here.

I am 47 and not jsut an Aspie but a father of a 15 year old Aspie Gamer. Our whole family are Christians and we try really hard to help our kids but let them make up their minds about God.

I am sorry to say that while a lot of video gamers and RPG players are girls, there can be a lot of dangers for girls, so I pray that god will watch over you.

I just recently started playing D & D again and was looking to start DMing on Roll 20. Antoehr older guy who DMS told me that you really there are girl gamesr but a lot of times they dont reveal their sex, even going as far as to use text only versus voice to play the game. he said and I have experienced that a lot of the guys want to just make tons of sophmoric sex related jokes. It is sad, but I guess part of it is youth.
It would be great if someday the younger generation would chill out in that regard and treat people with the same respect they do IRL, but today is sadly not that day.

But dont let that keep you from enjoying the games (and beating the gusy in the process)

I really don't want to start a fight but it's rather insulting that you lump all the "Younger" Generation together in that last statement. Though I Agree heavily that a large portion of the younger generations are rather insulting and need to calm down in respect of the said "Sophmoric sex related jokes", It's the exact same grouping that causes misunderstandings and hate on the internet.

Now, I simply want you to understand that all of what you've said is in your own opinion and that many people would feel offended by that statement. Remember, the internet is populated by people of varying age groups. It's not hard to offend people here.

Also, threats on the internet are just as real for males and just as threatening as IRL.

Written by a 19 Year Old, Mixed race Male. Open mind to others beliefs but honestly, I don't believe in anything :/ and before you say it, no. It's not that I don't want to believe but honestly, due to a variety of health issues, I've just given up on believing in others and am taking it to myself to deal with it. I also have friends of both genders who play games and honestly, they don't care whether or not their gender is known on the net, just gotta ask though most find it creepy if you just randomly ask.

(>0.0)> ==)==)==)==)

Outrider15
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Oct 2014, 9:06 pm

Kurgan wrote:
Actually, 40% of all gamers are female.

Surveys have supported this. The unfortunate flaw with every one of them is the definition of 'gamer'.

Most of these female gamers really don't play any console or even PC games for that matter. Just cheap Iphone games and facebook games.

Being a gamer is one thing, playing Diamond Crush or Tetris when you're waiting at the doctor is another...