(steam gaming) just wondering who uses this ? what games?

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

blazin805
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Dec 2014, 6:00 pm

Pretty much I use the Steam program/app (http://store.steampowered.com/) it pretty much if ya haven't heard or know of it ...well it simple...you sing up on it and log in...yes it is a combination of a store with forums to learn about and discuss the games and such/ it is also many of free 2 play games, or f2p as most would hear of .
I quite honestly am hooked...I found some old school games that i played as a kid(classic knights of the old republic..aka: KOTOR as some know it.)
they also developed some up coming games of which you can be first to try out ...i found a few like the escapist...5 nights at freddy and well anyways many that are fun.
Well off to play another fun game

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 8:47 pm

I have Steam, though I mainly use it for some Windows games.
I have:

*Sonic Generation
*Sonic Adventure 2
*Sonic 4 ep I&II
*Sonic CD
*Simcity 4 (uses it on OS X as well)

I think I have something else on it.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 8:49 pm

I use it, I am Misery on there, with the same avatar image as on here.

I think we have mostly console gamers here at this specific site, so I dunno how many there are from here that use Steam much. Me, I dont really like any of the consoles much, and I *definitely* dont like most AAA games, so the PC is where I go for gaming, and it's Steam that I use the most for buying games. The selection of games is huge since any developer can easily put their games on there without too much trouble.

I've got some 250 games on Steam itself, and then who knows how many outside of it.

MetalFist
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Dec 2014, 6:14 am

I do actually had Steam. i basically play Serious Sam series, Counter Strike GO, Killing Floor, Rise Of The Triads, Team Fortress 2 and Duke Nukem 3D.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2014, 8:11 am

I use Steam. They often have sales where you can buy relatively fresh games at greatly reduced prices.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2014, 9:46 am

Yeah, I use steam because you can get great deals on games there.

Right now, I have Rome II, Wasteland 2, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, Arkham Origins, and Injustice: Gods Among Us installed. Didn't pay more than 66% for any of them; most of them were 50% or less.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2014, 11:02 am

I use Steam as I dont have much choice nowadays, not if you want to play Skyrim and the like!

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 4:37 am

I've been expanding steam as a mode for my gaming, been backing off consoles the last year or so. I mostly play Mount and Blade warband, a bit of warthunder, and No More Room Left in Hell

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 10:26 am

I haven't been able to play anything in a while since my computer is dying, but I have:

Torchlight
Torchlight II
Team Fortress 2 ( have yet to actually play it though )

downbutnotout
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 12:00 pm

Humanaut wrote:
I use Steam. They often have sales where you can buy relatively fresh games at greatly reduced prices.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of this, too. :P

Of course, you can always look elsewhere online, but their sales page is a click away and has a very nice layout for browsing. I've picked up a couple good indie titles for only a few bucks in the past.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 1:34 pm

I have around 280ish games on Steam that I enjoy, and some odd hundred that I mostly got in bundles and other buys that I regret.

Thankfully you can hide the games you regret buying from your list now, makes it much easier to look at.

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jan 2015, 7:33 pm

I use steam. I'm obsessed with GTR-2. That's the best racing sim that will run well on my computer. Simbin's updates to the series must require a huge amount of memory because I have problems with choppy frame rate. But I'm totally satisfied with GTR-2. I just wish it had more tracks. I played Sports Car GT for years until it stopped working on my computer. I'm glad it did, though. It was way too easy. I miss the tracks on that game, though. Especially Road America (or was it Road Atlanta?). I was able to place first in the expert mode on almost any track on Sports Car. It was an old sim, though. The best I can do is finish 4th right now (at Nurenburg GP in simulation mode) in GT2 with the BMW M3. Love the challenge, though. The AI is great. Does anyone else play racing sims?

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 7:01 am

I love Steam. They have some great deals at certain times and everything just works so smoothly (until it doesn't). I have 82 games which I either bought in sales or Humble Bundles or from key sellers (legit ones). At the moment I have Banished, the Banner Saga, Bridge Constructor, Crusader Kings II, Dear Esther, Divinity Original Sin, Gone Home, Gun Point, Hotline Miami, Kentucky Route Zero, Mirror's Edge, Proteus, Shadowrun Returns, Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth and Wasteland 2. I buy a lot of digital content, books and games mostly but I also have Netflix and Google Play Music All Access. I really should cut down a bit as I feel like I'm stockpiling a little obsessively. Steam is perfect for that.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 9:13 am

I use steam for Train simulator 2015...

... Don't judge me :lol:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 2:23 am

I was playing Loadout on it earlier in the year, but now I mostly play Payday2, which keeps sucking me back in.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 4:10 am

i use steam as well; i have collected over 150 games so far; almost all of them were on sale or part of a bundle (humblebundle.com), so the average cost for the games is under $10, even though he actual price gets closer to $20 for the kit