Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 2:05 am

I personally like Mario Kart Wii but also any of the Super Smash Bros games. I've played the N64 and Wii versions.

GamerPrincess
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Feb 2015, 10:01 am

I would say Super Mario World, Paper Mario and Super Mario Galaxy. I can't decide between the three of them because they're all so different!

as1337
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Feb 2015, 5:03 pm

Quote:
The very first game in the series is always my choice.

Do you mean the arcade game Mario Bros. or Donkey Kong or the NES game Super Mario Bros.?

Quote:
I would say Super Mario World, Paper Mario and Super Mario Galaxy. I can't decide between the three of them because they're all so different!

I'm curious why you chose smb3 als your picture when smw is your favorite platformer. I personally think the worlds of smb3 are more unieq and the power-ups more varied.

GamerPrincess
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Feb 2015, 5:39 pm

as1337 wrote:
I'm curious why you chose smb3 als your picture when smw is your favorite platformer. I personally think the worlds of smb3 are more unieq and the power-ups more varied.

SMB3 is the first video game I've ever played, that's why! Honestly it is my second most favorite mario game in the platformer category.
I agree that SMB3 has more unique worlds and better power ups. However I find the experience of Super Mario World as a whole to be better.

MrBear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Feb 2015, 5:45 pm

I think mine is Super Mario World. I remember how 3 felt like such an improvement over 1 (Despite loving 1) and then World came and it blew me away. I like Yoshi's Island but it was fairly different. I did not like Mario 64 and the direction it then took. New SMB is okay but it feels like a back step.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2015, 11:40 pm

I ended up liking World more than 3, myself. I liked the variety of the powerups and such in 3.... but there was also the fact that you only very rarely used most of them. They just didnt factor into the vast majority of the game. The REAL powerups were pretty much the same things that 3D World is now using, the Fire Flower and the Leaf Thing or whatever it's called and of course the mushrooms.

64 I loved, as it went 3D in the way that I kept hoping future 3D games of any series would go, in that it wasnt like Ocarina... no huge yet totally blank Hyrule Field. Instead every zone was filled with STUFF. My only problem with it was the lack of traditional powerups.... where was the mushroom, fire flowers, all of that?

Though on a negative side, that was around the point when the series was going hyper-easy. Not that each individual level was easy, no... but it was nearly impossible to get a game over. There were 1up mushrooms EVERYWHERE. A trend that continues currently in the series. I miss the original game's way of handling this, where a 1up was a much coveted prize, which also made coin collecting actually satisfying, since hitting 100 gave you one, and they were hard to get in a game that was pretty darn difficult. Now though... it just hands the things out like candy.

Sherry221B
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2015, 4:45 am

It is difficult to choose a favorite; I liked all the games I played. I enjoyed them very much.