Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 10:28 pm

Am I the only one who think the 7th generation is the worst one? On PS3 and Xbox360 there is very little beside some dark FPS and the Wii is mostly about casual games. I admit no having played those consoles, but that's because they don't interest me... The only console I got more recent that my PS2 is a DS. There is such a lack of diversity for games nowaday, and it's not on the iphone I would found games interesting me, so I'm pretty much screwed...

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 10:53 pm

I will agree in the fact that the games from the previous generation were of a much greater quality and quantity. Now everything is just about graphics with very little consideration on whether it's actually fun or not. All of my favorite games are from the previous generations.

Mikelight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Apr 2011, 12:04 am

I think that the "7th generation" of gaming is absolutely fine. Sure gaming has become popular amongst people who only want to shoot things in the face, however there have been PLENTY of GREAT games to come out for the latest set of consoles and for PC.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 1:13 am

Tollorin wrote:
Am I the only one who think the 7th generation is the worst one?

That means you think the early 80s Atari 2600 era(before NES) is better than current video games. I wonder how you came to that conclusion since you said you haven't played a 7th generation video game console even though they've been around for years. :roll:

addison
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Apr 2011, 2:15 am

i think the problem is there aren't many original gameplay ideas. it seems every game is trying to either be a gta clone or a generic fps.

that being said there are plenty of games that i love. most recent one i'm playing (and loving) is ff13. yea sure it's quite linear for most of it but ff10 was too and that ff game did quite well....

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 2:33 am

I'm pretty happy with the current generation. The online play is definitely a bonus. I love the graphics. There has been a lot of good games that I enjoy on the 360. My main issue seems to be that a lot of the big-name titles (...like Call of Duty, though I am a fan) seem to have very short campaigns. Another thing I am somewhat skeptical of is all the DLC that is part of this generation- it seems to me a lot of the DLC should have just been included to begin with. To be fair, it is pretty much the same as the old expansion pack scenario for PC games, but still- for Call of Duty World at War, it was like $10-$14 for 3 multiplayer maps and a Nazi zombie map... in the end I suppose I paid like $60 for the game, plus ~$10 for each of the three DLC, so I basically spent $90 on it, and the last $30 of that was barely worth it, though I did enjoy Nazi zombies (I only really got the DLC because online multiplayer is one of the few ways my small group of friends manages to keep in touch). Anyway, DLC rant /over

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 4:38 am

There are some brilliant games out now, but a lot lack so much originality it's unreal.

The games that have been annoying me the most for years are the "do this, do that" shooters, where you walk around killing simple human bad guys while a speaker in the background comes out with crap about a some Russian guy that is going to destroy the United States.

"Get to Chavez Lafchenko or he will destroy the United States!"

"Find Guarez Menchez or he will kill the President of the United States!"

"Muck Moo is going to set off a bomb that will destroy The White House, get to the airport and stop him!"

Roooarrrr!! ! :evil: I'm going to build a dungeon and hide in it when Modern Warfare 3 comes out...

Katatonic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 9:57 am

Vigilans wrote:
I'm pretty happy with the current generation. The online play is definitely a bonus. I love the graphics. There has been a lot of good games that I enjoy on the 360. My main issue seems to be that a lot of the big-name titles (...like Call of Duty, though I am a fan) seem to have very short campaigns. Another thing I am somewhat skeptical of is all the DLC that is part of this generation- it seems to me a lot of the DLC should have just been included to begin with. To be fair, it is pretty much the same as the old expansion pack scenario for PC games, but still- for Call of Duty World at War, it was like $10-$14 for 3 multiplayer maps and a Nazi zombie map... in the end I suppose I paid like $60 for the game, plus ~$10 for each of the three DLC, so I basically spent $90 on it, and the last $30 of that was barely worth it, though I did enjoy Nazi zombies (I only really got the DLC because online multiplayer is one of the few ways my small group of friends manages to keep in touch). Anyway, DLC rant /over

I definitely agree with the DLC issue. Arcade titles are one thing because they are stand alone titles. But things such as new levels, tracks, cars, weapons, etc are just ridiculous. Instead of buying a $60 game and calling it a day, you can easily end up spending what will ultimately be double the price for the "full" experience. I've probably spent an additional $80 on Forza Motorsport...........and then they had to go and release the full game with all the added DLC for something like $30. THAT is a rip off.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 10:31 am

I bought the downloadable add-on for "Castlevania: Lords of Shadow" on PS3. It's neat there is another chapter with more new levels after finishing the game.

SPKx
Toucan
Toucan

27 Apr 2011, 10:52 am

In my opinion, the best generation is still the NES generation. Lot of fun games, with little or no concern with what they looked like. It's also one of the longest lasting systems (they kept releasing games for the system right up to 1994 - nearly a full decade existence).

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 2:17 pm

Venger wrote:
I bought the downloadable add-on for "Castlevania: Lords of Shadow" on PS3. It's neat there is another chapter with more new levels after finishing the game.

Hmm... Maybe a silly question, since I'm not fully aware of what's going on with the PS3's online network. Did you buy that today? Or is the PSN still down? :?

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Apr 2011, 3:56 pm

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...__,,,---~''¯'\,
……………………_,,,----,……………………………………………………………………___,,,---~~''¯¯ . . . . . . ,/'
…………….._,-~'¯ ; ; ; ; ;'\,----,………………………………………………………….,~'' . . . . . . . . . . __,-~~'¯
………,_,-~'¯; ; ; ; ;,-'¯¯¯'' '¯~'\,|,………………………………………………….._,-~' . . . . . . . ._,--~'''¯¯
…… '¯¯; ; ; ; ; ;_. ,/' . . . '~-, . '|……………OBJECTION………………_,-~-~'¯ . , . . . . ¯¯\, . . '\,
……¯¯,-~*_ . /' . '\| . . . . . . . .'\……………………………………_,-~*'¯,/',/' . . . . .¯¯¯'~----,,,\,,,, .'\,
………..¯¯--, .'\, . . . . . . ,--~-,' '|…………………………_,-~*'¯ ; ;;;;; | .| . . . . . . . . . . . : . .|¯'*| .|
………………-,-'¯''|, . . .,/' ¯¯'-/'/………………….._,-~'¯¯; ; ;;;;;;;;;;;; '| .'| . . . . . . . . . .___,,--~'~''|
……………….| . . '\, . . '\,; ; ;|/'.__,-~~--,_,/'¯¯'~'¯; ; ;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; '|,'\, ---,_,,---~'''¯\\''~''''¯¯,--~/''
………………/'____ '''`~-,,,--~'''¯¯ ; ; ; ; ; /' ; ;;;;; ; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'\, .'~-,,-~''~---~''''~---~~'''¯
…………….,/'¯'\, . .¯¯,~';;;;;;; ; ;/' ; ; ; ; ; ;;;;;/ ; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'~,--~''¯¯';,/'
…………..,/',--,-~',_,~'' ;/';;;;;;;;;/';; ; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'~-,_,/'/'
……….,,~'| /' /' . ,~'~-,;;;;;;;;;;;;|;; ;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ;,__,,,,,,-----~~'''¯
……,~'' ,/'/'/ : | .,/';;;,~';;;;;;;;;;;;'\,;;;;;; ; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;_,-~''¯¯
….,/' ;,/;;;|' : :|,/';;-~' ¯¯¯ ;;;;;;;;;;''\, ; ; ;;;;;;; ;_,,,---~~'''¯¯
…,|;;;;'|;;;| :,/';;,~' |;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; '\;;;;; ; ;;,/'
…|';;;;;'|;;| /',~';;;;|';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;''~-~''¯/
..,|;|;;;;;\;||/';;;;;;;|';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;/'
,/'|;'|;;;;;;,|';;;;;;;;|';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ;,/'
;;;|;|;;;;,|';;;;;;;;;;|';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ;,/'
;;;|;|;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,/'
;;|';|;;;;|';;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ; ; ;|'
;;| |;;;;'|;;;;;;;;;;;'|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ; ; |'
;;| |;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ; ; ; |
; | |;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; |
/''| |;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; '|
..| |;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;'\,

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 4:56 pm

^^^ :lol: :lol:

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 5:00 pm

Simonono wrote:
Venger wrote:

Hmm... Maybe a silly question, since I'm not fully aware of what's going on with the PS3's online network. Did you buy that today? Or is the PSN still down? :?

I downloaded it before the network outage. PSN is supposed to be down for another week or so by the way.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 5:33 pm

Generation? That's a console game thing, right? My commiserations. :wink:

I'm ambivalent about DLC so far, from a starting position of "dead against" - it heavily depends on the game, and the line has been blurred by digital distribution services like Steam where potential you never own a physical copy of the base game. As a rule of thumb I'd say that if you can sensibly call a piece of DLC an expansion pack, it's worthwhile, if not then buyer beware.

The year is still young.

BottleCap
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 10:22 pm

Next generation will be the worst. *Plays Super Mario World rom hacks*