Page 8 of 11 [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2023, 5:10 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
My confession: I'm not enjoying Tears of the Kingdom as much as I enjoyed Breath of the Wild. I've been playing Breath of the Wild for years, and I think I was just ready for a new world. Maybe I should've avoided playing Breath of the Wild this year, so the new game would feel fresher. I don't know. Maybe it's depression-related.

Depression can certainly impact a persons enjoyment of anything, including video games.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2023, 8:32 am

Okay, this is a REAL gaming confession. :lol:

Despite having a Zelda avatar, I have never played through an entire Zelda game. I only played majora’s mask and I gave up because it was too hard for me. :lol:

I have watched some gameplay of Zelda games, and I am reading the Twilight Princess manga. :lol:

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2023, 9:00 am

honeytoast wrote:

Despite having a Zelda avatar, I have never played through an entire Zelda game. I only played majora’s mask and I gave up because it was too hard for me. :lol:

I have watched some gameplay of Zelda games, and I am reading the Twilight Princess manga. :lol:

Oh dear. :lol:

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2023, 9:04 am

^^ If you want to play them again at some point, you could use a walkthrough/guide.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2023, 11:15 am

honeytoast wrote:

:0

To be fair, Majora's Mask might be a difficult place to start.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2023, 4:49 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
honeytoast wrote:

Oh dear. :lol:

I am going to challenge myself with ocarina of time or twilight Princess :)

~~~~

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2023, 4:50 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
^^ If you want to play them again at some point, you could use a walkthrough/guide.

I deter from viewing one, as I want to go through the game organically. I will still use one if the time calls.

~~~~

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2023, 4:51 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
honeytoast wrote:

:0

To be fair, Majora's Mask might be a difficult place to start.

Yeah, I had no idea. I enjoy the aesthetics of MM and the music, I really wanted to play it.

~~~~

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2023, 11:28 am

honeytoast wrote:
Yeah, I had no idea. I enjoy the aesthetics of MM and the music, I really wanted to play it.

I finally played it a few years ago (on N64 with a tweak patch), and I enjoyed it a lot, but I can see how it could be confusing to a newcomer.
They do have a notebook to help you, but a lot of the game is memorizing what events happen on each day, where people will be, what they need, etc.

OoT can be pretty confusing too...there's a LOT of times in the game where Navi will nag you to go do something, but it's not clear where you're supposed to go or how you're supposed to do it. I've had to consult a walkthrough a few times.

If you do play MM, my big tip is that if you find a dungeon, make sure to restart the timeline before attempting it...otherwise if you run out of time, everything starts over, and all of your dungeon progress is lost. It's pretty annoying.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2023, 9:48 pm

I mostly play "stupid" games on my phone these days while having a massive Steam library that I can't seem to bring myself to touch despite still spending money on it. Can't quite figure that one out.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2023, 6:47 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
honeytoast wrote:

I finally played it a few years ago (on N64 with a tweak patch), and I enjoyed it a lot, but I can see how it could be confusing to a newcomer.
They do have a notebook to help you, but a lot of the game is memorizing what events happen on each day, where people will be, what they need, etc.

OoT can be pretty confusing too...there's a LOT of times in the game where Navi will nag you to go do something, but it's not clear where you're supposed to go or how you're supposed to do it. I've had to consult a walkthrough a few times.

If you do play MM, my big tip is that if you find a dungeon, make sure to restart the timeline before attempting it...otherwise if you run out of time, everything starts over, and all of your dungeon progress is lost. It's pretty annoying.

You can slow down time by playing the inverted song of time. It'll give you double the time you need.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2023, 3:05 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
You can slow down time by playing the inverted song of time. It'll give you double the time you need.

I almost always had time slowed down, but even that's not going to help you much if you attempt a dungeon on the final day.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2023, 7:51 am

When I played the first Command and Conquer game back in 1995 I used the sandbag exploit a lot. Basically you could run a line of sandbags across the map and use proximity to then set up pillboxes or whatever. I think you could even sandbag the enemy into their own base and the AI couldn't figure out how to get around it. The game was still really good fun even when you were cheating.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2023, 3:02 pm

Most of my gaming interests are either driven by problem solving (which is entirely basic as a human), or stories I get fixated over to a point that it follows me to my sleep...

Not that I truly cared about it, it's just my head.
To a point I lose sleep over it when I should be doing something else.

It did not cultivate patience in my case. Emulation made it worse. I'm very prone to a form of addiction.

Just mostly going point A to B, regardless of how. No exploration except for anything story driven for completion sake.

Nothing technical or meta, to a point that I'd suck at strategy games because my head has this stupid idea of 'do this action, because that's how or how it likely happened' to a point of detriment.

Oh, and my reaction time sucks that I just hate it.

Maybe I should swear off anything related to story related for a while, see what happens in few years after.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2023, 10:53 pm

I was just in World of Warcraft Classic. I was waiting for a ship to take me to a destination. Another player was present, and waved. I waved. Then I received a Friend Request.
I promptly logged out. Anxiety.
After logging out, the Battlenet launch screen had a notification that "such'n'such" requested a friends request.
More anxiety. And now I have to stare at that request and think I'll offend them if I respond "no." It's times like this I wish I was more Jessica Fletcher on Murder, She Wrote. She genuinely has the best social skills. Granted she is fictional.
I'll wait several days until I have gained some distance and click no. But part of me will wonder what if I had a friend in-game? Then I counter that with panic.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2023, 9:27 am

pcgoblin wrote:
I was just in World of Warcraft Classic. I was waiting for a ship to take me to a destination. Another player was present, and waved. I waved. Then I received a Friend Request.
I promptly logged out. Anxiety.
After logging out, the Battlenet launch screen had a notification that "such'n'such" requested a friends request.
More anxiety. And now I have to stare at that request and think I'll offend them if I respond "no." It's times like this I wish I was more Jessica Fletcher on Murder, She Wrote. She genuinely has the best social skills. Granted she is fictional.
I'll wait several days until I have gained some distance and click no. But part of me will wonder what if I had a friend in-game? Then I counter that with panic.

Make a friend, you'll benefit from the practice.