Any MMO players excited about Age of Conan?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

vulcan80
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Apr 2008, 2:46 pm

Seems like a great game. I'm a big PvPer so I love the idea of guilds building their own city that can be sieged.

Mostly though I'm just really bored with WoW since I've been playing for more than 3 years now. It's getting really stale. :?

Grimfaire
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Apr 2008, 3:33 pm

To be honest...WoW is MMO for dummies... :(

Age of Conan has possibilities... but I'm kind of burned out on the whole fantasy genre for MMOs from UO to EQ to DAoC to WoW...

The problem is the company has no experience with large scale PvP... Mythic does and sometime next year should be releasing Warhammer MMO... if you haven't done any real large scale PvP (I'm talking 100+ per side with lasting repurcusions for the winning and losing side) you're really missing on the whole Massive part of the MMO...

vulcan80

17 Apr 2008, 3:55 pm

I agree that WoW was made for the masses, so a lot of things seemed dumbed down. Arenas were nice for a while, but I agree there are 0 lasting repercussions to pvp.

Warhammer Online is really interesting too, but a bit far off. I hear from Warhammer beta testers, it's in a pretty unfinished state right now.

I played Shadowbane before which had player built cities and that was the coolest part of the game, which is why I have some high hopes for AoC.

Corcovado
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2008, 4:02 pm

Nah, but grafics looks really good :D

victorvndoom
Toucan
Toucan

18 Apr 2008, 4:07 am

controls are bit quirky in conan
it is as if you are playing a bashing game on a console

vulcan80

18 Apr 2008, 1:55 pm

I've heard it described as Elder Scrolls:Oblivion Online. If it is, then Oblivion is a little unresponsive to hits and such. Sometimes I can't tell in Oblivion if i'm even hitting them until they fall over and die.

SpectreWithin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Apr 2008, 8:01 pm

I'm really looking forward to Age of Conan. "Open" beta starts on May 1st - though it seems it will require a Fileplanet account and only 50,000 keys will be given.

I'm not much of a PVP person right now but might give the PVP a try on AoC at some point. The city-building and sieging sounds like fun. But I'm mainly looking forward to PVE, maybe some RP, exploring the Conan world / lore, and hopefully lots of good combat along the way.

NarfMann
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Apr 2008, 2:43 am

Definitely going to preorder it. Nipples and gore are the main things that have been missing from my MMOs, and this one has both. :D

vulcan80

22 Apr 2008, 4:54 pm

Hmm, Fileplanet account you say. I really want to try the beta.