Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kirska
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 11:51 am

Since I got into the WAR beta test about 5 months ago, I have not touched WoW.

The NDA should be lifting today so a huge influx of information is coming. Be on the lookout!

http://www.warhammeronline.com
http://www.warhammeralliance.com

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 11:59 am

Never!

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 12:29 pm

I have never seen a game look so much like a WoW-clone as Warhammer. How can they possibly set themselves apart if they try so hard to imitate WoW in every way?

My husband was signed up for pre-order months back, but when they made severe cut-backs to the game just to meet the deadline, he cancelled. Not just because the content was going to be more limited than when he ordered, but because when a developer puts deadline over content, that's just generally a sign of a bad game.

Kirska
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 1:28 pm

Mage wrote:
I have never seen a game look so much like a WoW-clone as Warhammer. How can they possibly set themselves apart if they try so hard to imitate WoW in every way?

My husband was signed up for pre-order months back, but when they made severe cut-backs to the game just to meet the deadline, he cancelled. Not just because the content was going to be more limited than when he ordered, but because when a developer puts deadline over content, that's just generally a sign of a bad game.

WoW is a clone of MMO's before it. WAR takes many great things that WoW had going for it and adds many more even better things like public quests and city sieges.

Not to mention the Warcraft setting was almost entirely based directly on that of Warhammer and Dungeons and Dragons.

They cut those features because they weren't ready and they refuse to release anything less than perfect. There's still 20 classes left, twice as many as WoW. Trust me, I've played the game before cuts and after cuts and the difference is minimal. Not to mention, they have already stated they intend to add classes in place of those that were cut.

EA Mythic has definitely not put deadline over content. WAR was delayed many times in order to add more content. They simply can't delay it any longer so they go with what's perfect, not what's alright. It was a business decision and when you look at it with all of the facts, it was the best one to make.

MattD
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Aug 2008, 5:04 pm

I have pre-ordered it, i have the codes for open beta and the head start but the client is too big to download, 9 gig :x

victorvndoom
Toucan
Toucan

08 Sep 2008, 4:07 am

everone left wow for conan too but then itwas so bugged that everyone went back :p

Kirska
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2008, 3:07 pm

victorvndoom wrote:
everone left wow for conan too but then itwas so bugged that everyone went back :p

Conan was released before it was ready because Funcom ran out of money. Or some other reason. But anyway it was not done.

WAR is not AoC.

WAR is not WoW.

WAR is not AoC.

I have played WoW for over 3 years and WAR for 6-7 months now as a closed beta tester, in all tiers of the game. I played AoC for just over a month until I gave up trying to enjoy myself because it was pathetic.

Speaking from first hand experience, not from what others have said or similar things, WAR is fantastic. Yeah there's still some bugs but they are rapidly being fixed. EA Mythic is very quick and responsive to the beta playerbase.

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Sep 2008, 1:26 am

I'm perfectly fine with Minesweeper thank you very much

The former things have passed away."

dark_mage
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Sep 2008, 8:56 pm

Actually from what I heard at my local Games Workshop the Blizzard guys are big Warhammer & Warhammer 40K fans (I enjoyed 40K Dawn of War which is actually quite simple to learn since they removed the resource gathering to holding check points (which makes more sense) & then you can focus on battles (which is what 40K is about)

I'm not evil I just have a different view of good

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2008, 1:42 am

Never!

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2008, 3:33 am

Looks nice but I can't get it cause I am using a superior computer you know a mac.

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2008, 6:37 am

Mage wrote:

The warhammer universe has been around for 25 or so years. It all came before warcraft/ world of warcraft. In fact when I first started playing WOW I was like 'alot of this stuff reminds me of warhammer"

dark_mage
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Sep 2008, 8:02 pm

KenM wrote:
Mage wrote:

The warhammer universe has been around for 25 or so years. It all came before warcraft/ world of warcraft. In fact when I first started playing WOW I was like 'alot of this stuff reminds me of warhammer"

That's because Blizzard employees are fans of Warhammer & 40K so they apparently decided to do homage to Warhammer through Warcraft & homage to 40K through Starcraft

I'm not evil I just have a different view of good

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 1:07 am

KenM wrote:
Mage wrote:

What about Warcraft 1?

Fraya
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 3:17 pm

philosopherBoi wrote:
Looks nice but I can't get it cause I am using a superior computer you know a mac.

Your computer cant run the majority of software. What makes it superior again?

Hehe sorry couldn't resist. For the record I like macs I think they're very user friendly and stable they're just overpriced and there's no cross platform compatibility.

Don't do anything at all
-----------
"White Rabbit" - Jefferson Airplane

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 5:52 pm

Techno Viking battles on!