[Team Fortress 2] I love the new Heavy update

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Hell-Fox
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Aug 2008, 5:15 am

What I like about the new heavy update:

(1) Heavy now can heal himself with the sandvich so hes not so medic dependent.

(2) Medic Kritzkrieg buff makes it now far more useful with dealing with un-entrenched enemies (IE not hiding behind sentry nests). Having an increase to the charge rate really made a difference.

(3) Heavy can now "ensnare" scouts and fast flanking classes if they try to charge him or flee from him. The new Natasha minigun adds to his ability to defend and makes him act more a like a sentry gun, however that 25% less damage does show if you are not criting. Not as effective as Sasha when fighting against heavier classes at medium range. At close range its all about who gets the shots off first.

(4) Boxing gloves are great, and all the more humiliating once you get on a roll with it. The taunt for it was brilliant [think SNES Punch out :) ].

(5) Perhaps the only potentially meh of the update to me is the Arena mode. Granted if you are a fan of Counter Strike Source you'll like it I think. For those who don't know its essentially one life to live with shuffled teams for the teams that lose, those who win get to stay together. Once they lose though they get put into spec and the spec team gets thrown into the mix of the team that lost. The attempt at shuffling teams may seem a bit questionable, as it currently stands it seems to favor teams that once they get going they can be really difficult to dislodge and shuffle. Most likely will have some of its features modded for the competitive scene.

Thats all I can think of, and for those who don't know about Team Fortress 2 you can check out the main page for the update and I recommend you Meet the Sandvich! ;-)

http://steamgames.com/tf2/heavy/