Sometimes Win 14%  14%  [ 16 ]
Rarely Win 9%  9%  [ 10 ]
Never Win 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 112

DeadFire87
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Sep 2009, 10:31 am

FPS games mostly. I tend to always be in top scores on teams in the games I play. I never get tired of almost winning. I win sometimes, but there are times I don't. I still like to say I am above average for the most part with online gaming. Its not just FPS games. I do well in RTS as well. Sometimes not the best and I do lose at times, but overall I still do my part the best I can.

sovereign254
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Sep 2009, 3:58 am

I've beaten every single video game to ever enter this house. I like to think I'm pretty good at them. Even the rented ones, I beat them, sometimes multiple times, within the one week rental period. Some games are better and easier to play in the sense that if the story is engaging and not boring, I'll finish it faster than one that is not as engaging or not as entertaining.

FieryGatoh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2009, 5:58 am

I love games, but I am terrible at them. I worry too much.

bubblygrl7

18 Oct 2010, 6:43 pm

I like games that are easy or have luck involved ^-^

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 8:28 pm

Sometimes win. I've got video game sense about me which keeps me afloat but I generally clock way too few hours playing to really hone skills on any games.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 8:29 pm

Lost_Soul wrote:
Genre, hate that word, don't know why... :evil:

Because it's so generic? :P :lol:

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Talis
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Oct 2010, 8:39 pm

I put I rarely lose. It really depends on what the question is. I try and challenge myself to heights most people don't bother... so I lose sometimes. For example if you mean do I beat games?... anybody can with practice. I tend to try new levels to test myself like attempting to beat NGS2 on Master Ninja mode (Haha got stuck on chapter 4's boss) and lost, but most people struggle with the game on warrior if not Acolyte... and you have to beat Mentor mode to even attempt MN which is no small feat. I also try other things to challenge myself on easier games like playing Mass Effect 2 on Insanity with no pre-existing save Or Alpha Protocol On Recruit settings playing on Hardcore mode. You'll never lose if you don't attempt hard games or at least raise the stakes on the average ones. So yeah I could beat any game likely... but do the hardest things in any game... I'd say I fail some times like in the case of NGS2 on MN... but most people on the planet earth can't do that lol.

Anyway I'm pretty much an expert, but I enjoy it when I find a game that kicks me hard... and only the totally brutal games keep me down :P

I don't have much of a life :oops:

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 9:02 pm

Honestly it would be difficult to determine that since my skills with different genres differs greatly.

It would probably come out to average.

I do tend to excel at RPGs and tactical games. Strategy and realistic shooters I'm okay with. Action games I'm okay with. Fighting games and super fast shooters I tend to suck at.

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Oct 2010, 6:06 am

On a pc I fall between rarely lose and sometimes lose. On an Ex-Box, (Which can be crafted by throwing a PC tower out of a second story window) I always lose. I'm weak in games like street fighter and stuff like that. I prefer 1st person shooters, or even the occasional 3rd person shooter like GTAIV.

LeeAnderson
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 7:58 pm

I rarely lose on Modern Warfare 2. I can kick some serious ass.

shock
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Oct 2010, 7:31 am

i have beaten metal gear solid 4 on big boss hard, i have almost beaten heroic lich king in WoW, in CoD4 i generally dominate games (almost got flawless the other day then some dude came in with a grenade and suicide killed me when i was 1 kill of winning the game. FML). yeah, id say im pretty good at games

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 10:14 am

Rather good...

Squirrelrat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Oct 2010, 1:08 pm

I'm not a game expert or game failure. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose, but I always have fun.

Tensho
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Oct 2010, 7:27 am

I start slow until I turn pro.

I can excel at any game with enough practice but I will start out as the biggest noob doing the dumbest things you would see anyone do and knowing it will probably end bad. Most games I get bored and quit while still being a noob though so thats why I chose average in the poll.

Any game I become really dedicated to I usually end up being unbeatable but there is one other flaw I have.... 1 vs 1 games I tend to feel bad about winning meaning I have no killer instinct and sometimes will deliberately not try very hard if I feel the other person needs a win. I just dont need to win.

But in a team game I would do anything for a team win. If things go wrong in mmo's its me who will be the one that sacrifices himself to save his team from pursuing hordes of NPCs while everyone panics and runs away. Sometimes this also makes me look like more of a noob to those running being the one that dies all the time since they dont really see me facing/slowing the enemy to let them get away :( .

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 8:32 am

I usually play on the easiest to normal modes. I'm kinda a modest.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

KingofCorrect
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Oct 2010, 6:27 pm

I can play against the computer and beat a game on hard, but i suck at pvp because i follow human codes of honor, like not shooting people in the back, or when they are down. I am a TRUE warrior, not some poser. And i do not cheat or use glitches in the game to my advantage. I DO set traps, but not mines, as they are cheap.