Does anyone here like Alex Jones he is a Christian and a Pro

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

mikecartwright
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jul 2011, 1:32 am

Does anyone here like Alex Jones he is a Christian and a Protestant as am I I admire him ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Jones_(radio_host)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 2:41 am

I'm sorry, but are you asking if Alex Jones is a Christian and a Protestant? Or are you simply making a statement?
Personally, even though I'm a Protestant, from what I know of Alex Jones, I think he's as crazy as a s**t house rat.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 6:33 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I think he's as crazy as a sh** house rat.

^ This.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 2:32 pm

I never heard of him.

Judging by the comments that DID come in, he is going to be another Rundfunksprecher. I do not tune them in except on rare occasions by accident.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 7:30 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t3POfNbx6M[/youtube]

mikecartwright wrote:
Alex Jones ... I admire him

Are you sure?

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 7:33 pm

SIFAHAMU

*Note New Policy

monty
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 1:14 pm

Alex Jones is a tinfoil hatter. I would compare him to the X-Files. Fine for entertainment, but not a rational view of the world.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 2:56 pm

I have seen The Obama Deception...it was mentioned on the wikipedia page and from that and what I read on wikipedia just now I feel like he has the right idea kind of but is too biased towards the idea that its all the government causing problems when in my opinion things go much deeper than that and are more complex.

I am not sure if this is exactly what he thinks but it seemed implied that he thinks 9/11 was carried out by the government which I disagree with...I think it was carried out by the terrorists though a lot of the things leading up to the attacks seemed corrupt like some of the powerful corporations involvment in the middle east and oil was more to blame for the resulting extremism, apparently Saudi Arabia gave money to terrorists while claiming to be allies of the U.S after making a deal involving lots of money and wealth for Iran in exchange for being put in debt to the U.S basically and of course the muslim world was not happy and it led to the extremists disliking the U.S.....It is explained better in the book Confessions of An Economic Hit Man which I am reading in psychology.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 3:09 pm

He looks like a complete nut. I wonder why he isn't on Fox News yet?

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 4:24 pm

pandabear wrote:

I don't think even Fox will touch him. I have seen videos of him harassing noteworthy corporate owners or investors, the kind of people that Fox relies upon (just like every other news corp in that regard). I doubt they will give air time to a guy who chases limousines screaming "WE ARE NOT YOUR SLAVES!"

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 4:34 pm

Vigilans wrote:
pandabear wrote:

I don't think even Fox will touch him. I have seen videos of him harassing noteworthy corporate owners or investors, the kind of people that Fox relies upon (just like every other news corp in that regard). I doubt they will give air time to a guy who chases limousines screaming "WE ARE NOT YOUR SLAVES!"

Fox News does hand scripts to its people. For example, Fox News employees have to say "Obamacare": they can't say "Health Care Reform." And, they aren't allowed to mention George Soros without also saying that he is either a "Nazi Collaborator" or "The Puppetmaster."

This man does seem to have the kind of talent and media presence that Fox is always looking for.

With the right restraints on what he is allowed to say, he would probably be a big draw for Fox.

He'll just have to learn to chase limousines and yell "We ARE your slaves!! !"

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 5:04 pm

He's a nutjob, though even were that not the case per se, someone's being Christian makes me distinctly LESS-likely to like them on average.

to his Interest."

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 5:06 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I have seen The Obama Deception...it was mentioned on the wikipedia page and from that and what I read on wikipedia just now I feel like he has the right idea kind of but is too biased towards the idea that its all the government causing problems when in my opinion things go much deeper than that and are more complex.

I am not sure if this is exactly what he thinks but it seemed implied that he thinks 9/11 was carried out by the government which I disagree with...I think it was carried out by the terrorists though a lot of the things leading up to the attacks seemed corrupt like some of the powerful corporations involvment in the middle east and oil was more to blame for the resulting extremism, apparently Saudi Arabia gave money to terrorists while claiming to be allies of the U.S after making a deal involving lots of money and wealth for Iran in exchange for being put in debt to the U.S basically and of course the muslim world was not happy and it led to the extremists disliking the U.S.....It is explained better in the book Confessions of An Economic Hit Man which I am reading in psychology.

My boyfriend astutely pointed out that Jones has so many conspiracy theories that when he kind of gets some of it half-right, he points at it and effectively says "See, see! Everything's happening exactly as I said it would!" Not quite, Alex, sweetie.

to his Interest."

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 7:20 pm

I think Glenn Beck pretty much stole his act - - save for the realization that industry and the super rich want to enslave us.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

TheSnarkKnight
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jul 2011, 11:10 am

Vigilans wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t3POfNbx6M[/youtube]

mikecartwright wrote:
Alex Jones ... I admire him

Are you sure?

You know, that rant sounds vaguely familiar.

(WARNING! ADULT LANGUAGE)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRkA6zugNMQ

And this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXjNMbgXvzg

For the record, I'm not the only one who thinks he's a bowdlerized Bill Hicks.

TheSnarkKnight
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jul 2011, 11:15 am

ValentineWiggin wrote:

My boyfriend astutely pointed out that Jones has so many conspiracy theories that when he kind of gets some of it half-right, he points at it and effectively says "See, see! Everything's happening exactly as I said it would!" Not quite, Alex, sweetie.

The problem with conspiracy theorists is that they really are interested in promoting social justice, probably even more so than the average person, but they wind up scapegoating real problems onto the wrong people (that is, if their scapegoats aren't imaginary).