Why consider what the Bible says about governments' future?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Mar 2012, 11:11 pm

Human rulers are not providing what mankind urgently needs

If you were honest with yourself you would conclude human governments do not provide people's needs. In contrast what does Jehovah's government, with Jesus as King of that heavenly government, promise to mankind:

1. A Life in a world free from the threat of war.

(Isaiah 2:4) And he will certainly render judgment among the nations and set matters straight respecting many peoples. And they will have to beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, neither will they learn war anymore.

(Psalm 46:9, 10) He is making wars to cease to the extremity of the earth. The bow he breaks apart and does cut the spear in pieces; The wagons he burns in the fire. 10 “Give in, YOU people, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

2. Plenty of food for everyone.

(Psalm 72:16) There will come to be plenty of grain on the earth; On the top of the mountains there will be an overflow. His fruit will be as in Leb′a·non, And those who are from the city will blossom like the vegetation of the earth.

3. Comfortable housing for everyone.

(Isaiah 65:21) And they will certainly build houses and have occupancy; and they will certainly plant vineyards and eat [their] fruitage.

4. Satisfying employment for all who need it to provide for themselves and their families.

(Isaiah 65:22) They will not build and someone else have occupancy; they will not plant and someone else do the eating. For like the days of a tree will the days of my people be; and the work of their own hands my chosen ones will use to the full.

5. A life that is no longer marred by sickness, disease and even death!

(Revelation 21:3, 4) With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

6. True Justice, and freedom from religious, racial, economic, and national prejudice.

(Isaiah 9:7) To the abundance of the princely rule and to peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David and upon his kingdom in order to establish it firmly and to sustain it by means of justice and by means of righteousness, from now on and to time indefinite. The very zeal of Jehovah of armies will do this.

(Isaiah 11:3-5) and there will be enjoyment by him in the fear of Jehovah. And he will not judge by any mere appearance to his eyes, nor reprove simply according to the thing heard by his ears. 4 And with righteousness he must judge the lowly ones, and with uprightness he must give reproof in behalf of the meek ones of the earth. And he must strike the earth with the rod of his mouth; and with the spirit of his lips he will put the wicked one to death. 5 And righteousness must prove to be the belt of his hips, and faithfulness the belt of his loins.

7. To be able to live your life joyfully in true peace and security without the danger from criminals to yourself, your family and your property.

(Micah 4:4) And they will actually sit, each one under his vine and under his fig tree, and there will be no one making [them] tremble; for the very mouth of Jehovah of armies has spoken [it].

(Proverbs 2:22) As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth; and as for the treacherous, they will be torn away from it.

8. A world in which qualities most highly prized include love, kindness, concern for one’s fellowman, and truthfulness.

(Psalm 85:10, 11) As for loving-kindness and trueness, they have met each other; Righteousness and peace—they have kissed each other. 11 Trueness itself will sprout out of the very earth, And righteousness itself will look down from the very heavens.

(Galatians 5:22, 23) On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.

For thousands of years, political rulers have been promising their people better conditions, but with what results? In one way or another, as Eccl. 8:9 puts it, “Man has dominated man to his injury.”

Bible prophecies have proved completely reliable

Consider these.

1. 100 years in advance the Bible foretold of Babylon’s position of world dominance. It also stated how its power would finally be broken, and the fact that, once desolated, its capital would never again be inhabited. (Isa. 13:17-22)
2. Nearly 200 years in advance the Bible foretold Persian king Cyrus, by name and before he was born, would become God's instrument to bring Babylon to its destruction, as well as his role in international affairs. (Isa. 44:28; 45:1, 2)
3. Before Medo-Persia became a world power the Bible foretold its ascendancy, its dual nature, and how its end would unfold.
4. Over 200 years in advance the Bible foretold the course of the Grecian world empire under its first king. The bible also shows how this Grecian empire would be subsequently divided into four parts. (Dan. 8:1-8, 20-22)
5. The Bible foretold in detail the world conditions of our day. It also puts us on notice that all human governments will come to their end at the hands of God, and that God’s Kingdom in the hands of his Son, Jesus Christ, will rule over all mankind forever. (Dan. 2:44; 7:13, 14)

Would it not be the course of wisdom to heed a source of information that has proved to be so consistently reliable? (2 Timothy 3:16,17)

God's Government is the only real solution to the problems plaguing humanity

The problems we face today that need to be resolved quite simply require power, abilities, and qualities that no humans possess.

1. Jehovah God can free mankind from the influence of the Devil and his demons, and He has promised to do so, but no human can.
2. Jehovah God has made provision to do what medical science could never accomplish — remove sin, thus ending sickness and death and making it possible for people to be the kind of persons that they really want to be.
3. The Creator, Jehovah God, has the needed knowledge (of the earth and of all life processes) to solve the problems of food production and to prevent dangerous pollution, but human efforts often create more problems.
4. People who respond to God’s Word are transformed into kind, loving persons with high morals. This leads to a society of persons who refuse to take up arms against their fellowman and who live in genuine peace and brotherhood although they are from all nations, races, and language groups.

The former things have passed away."

Last edited by kxmode on 08 Mar 2012, 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 11:23 pm

Image That sounds like Communism... comrade kxmode

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Mar 2012, 11:33 pm

Vigilans wrote:

Ask yourself if Communism can take away sin and death? Ask yourself if you believe Communism can remove the pollution caused by nuclear fallout (for example plutonium-239 has a half-life of 24,000 years)? Can Communism make people live forever? Only God's government can accomplish this.

Last edited by kxmode on 07 Mar 2012, 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 11:35 pm

kxmode wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

Ask yourself if Communism can take away sin and death? Ask yourself if you believe Communism can remove the pollution caused by nuclear fallout? Can Communism make people live forever? Only God's government can accomplish this.

Is the legislative body bicameral?

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Mar 2012, 11:45 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Is the legislative body bicameral?

Jehovah God's government is ruled by Christ Jesus. Along with Jesus Christ are 144,000 cabinet members made up of former imperfect humans. (Rev 5:9,10; 14:1-3) These 144,000 are anointed by Jehovah God himself to assist Jesus with his rule. (Luke 12:32) The vast majority become subjects of God's Kingdom and live on earth. (Ps. 37:11) As a member of the "other sheep" (John 10:16) or "the great crowd" (Rev 7:9) I hope to have the privilege of helping to cultivate the earth back into a paradise and teach those who are resurrected; including many who never had an opportunity to learn about Jehovah God and his son. (Acts 24:15; John 17:3)

I don't know if you consider this "bicameral".

Last edited by kxmode on 08 Mar 2012, 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 11:54 pm

Well I think you just lost the "small government" voters :lol:

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Mar 2012, 11:58 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Well I think you just lost the "small government" voters :lol:

That's because people are jaded with human politics, because humans are greedy and selfish. But God's government is nothing like that. It can do things no human can. It's 1,000 times better!

For example politicians like to make grandiose claims but can they make the kinds of promises Jehovah God made thousands of years ago? Can they give you perfect health, free from sickness and death? Can they give you a super-genius level intellect and all the time you need to explore and learn? Can they give you a home and food, and provide you with safety and security? Can they make wild animals not attack you? Can they control severe weather and earthquakes? Can politicians promise to cease wars, or affect justice against those who deserve it? Can they REALLY do everything they say? With Jesus as the king of God's kingdom he can and will! :)

Consider this...

The former things have passed away."

Lord_Gareth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Mar 2012, 1:39 am

*Sigh*

Y'know, it's bad enough getting this at my door (on holidays, even), but online? I mean, I suppose this is the forum for it, but, c'mon man. It seems a bit gauche.

With that being said, I've yet to see any evidence (even in the Bible) that God particularly practices what he's supposed to be preaching. A bunch of kids annoying your prophet? Send an army of bears to eat them! Your people held in bondage in Egypt? Instead of transporting them away with your omnipotence, why not send plague after plague against the innocent, harming thousands who, frankly, are totally without responsibility for the plight of the Hebrews and then prevent the dude you're threatening from capitulating with your own demands? When your chosen king (David, for all future reference) betrays your commandments and murders one of his subjects, do you punish just him - why, NO! Instead you curse his entire line for generations to come, condemning them for having the misfortune to have been born of his seed!

Yeah. Perfect justice. Not the kind of government I'd want to live under, personally.

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 2:27 am

kxmode wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

Ask yourself if Communism can take away sin and death? Ask yourself if you believe Communism can remove the pollution caused by nuclear fallout (for example plutonium-239 has a half-life of 24,000 years)? Can Communism make people live forever? Only God's government can accomplish this.

O RLY?

*insert wide eyed owl here*

Tell God to get his ass in gear and start fixing things then! Or is he too preoccupied with murdering his beloved little children in new and interesting ways?

We are a cosmic speck. There is no god who wants to help us.

You will reap what you've sown.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 2:36 am

Lord_Gareth wrote:
Y'know, it's bad enough getting this at my door (on holidays, even), but online? I mean, I suppose this is the forum for it, but, c'mon man. It seems a bit gauche

I don't love the JW beliefs any more than you but, come on, nobody made you read the thread

Lord_Gareth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Mar 2012, 2:38 am

Vigilans wrote:
Lord_Gareth wrote:
Y'know, it's bad enough getting this at my door (on holidays, even), but online? I mean, I suppose this is the forum for it, but, c'mon man. It seems a bit gauche

I don't love the JW beliefs any more than you but, come on, nobody made you read the thread

More along the lines that I considered this a place of debate, not heavy-handed attempts at conversion. Besides, I said 'gauche', not 'dumb' or 'insulting' or even so much as 'ill-advised'.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 2:55 am

But don't JW's believe that only a few thousand people will live in God's new world?
Chances are, if any of that stuff in Revelation's is true (which I don't believe), then I doubt I'd be included in that.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 8:50 am

I'm sure that all of the Bible verses above are seriously out of context.

Discussions of the merits of specific verses always lead nowhere.

Unspecified
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Mar 2012, 8:57 am

kxmode wrote:
5. The Bible foretold in detail the world conditions of our day.

What a ridiculous claim.

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 9:12 am

Interesting idea of society. I'm not really into arguing at this point, so I'll pose a sincere and straightforward question.
What should we do in order to achieve that ideal society?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 9:57 am

kxmode wrote:
Human rulers are not providing what mankind urgently needs

If you were honest with yourself you would conclude human governments do not provide people's needs. In contrast what does Jehovah's government, with Jesus as King of that heavenly government, promise to mankind:

If we held our breath until this promise was fulfilled we would turn blue and die.

How long does something have to go unfulfilled before we conclude the promise was crap to begin with?

ruveyn