Page 16 of 57 [ 899 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 57  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 2:19 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:
Until people understand that Obamacare/ACA is not Universal Health Care, the debate is pointless.What you want is NOT what you are going to get.
If anyone thinks the ACA is a good thing, I would challenge them to prove that they've read all of it and understand what comes in it...good and bad.It's not about health care...it never was.Just as the PATRIOT Act wasn't about making America safer from terrorists.

for the working class, it is still better than the big fat nothing which came before.

Really?Start reading up on the people who NOW either have to pay outrageous amounts to be UNDER INSURED or pay a TAX to still have NO INSURANCE. this is an improvement in your eyes?

you obviously have never had to pay for health insurance and health care out of your own pocket. I [along with most working class folk who buy their own health care coverage] presently have to pay a major portion of my take-home pay for health care. under obamacare this drops to ZERO. [bronze plan]. that is DEFINITELY an improvement for me and other working class folk. I was underinsured with the catastrophic plan I have presently, but will be adequately insured with the new obamacare bronze plan which is a vast improvement. I think you are invested too much in the anti propaganda.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 2:24 pm

I'm on Medicaid. If I ever get a job I'd probably end up at one that doesn't give insurance and I'd lose my Medicaid. At least with Obamacare I might have a chance to afford it, plus without Obamacare what insurance would even take me since I have a preexisting condition?

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 2:24 pm

As far as Constitutionality goes the government can put a tax on almost anything it likes. Similarly it can tax everyone and offer a break to those who do things the government encourages. And through those two levers it encourages and discourages thousands of behaviors via the tax code. Kids, home ownership, oil exploration, etc. And now health insurance.

RandyG
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Oct 2013, 2:27 pm

LKL wrote:
It's called "democracy."

You won't find the word "democracy" in the Constitution or other founding documents, because the Founders were uniformly against it. They saw it as absolute majority rule, in which 51% may vote to abrogate the rights of the 49%. What they hoped to create was a republic, in which individual rights are sacred.

Quote:
It's one thing to write an editorial; it's another altogether to blow up a federal building

! !! Where did that come from?

Quote:
or shut the government down.

Does everybody know that during the Reagan years, a Democratic Congress "shut down the government" a dozen times? Who was at fault then?

Quote:
wrt. constitutionality: of course you can have your opinion and 'call it like you see it,' but you can't expect most of us non-legal experts to take your opinion more seriously than that of the SCOTUS.

Don't accept anything on my authority, or John Roberts' authority, or anybody else's. You needn't be a legal expert to read the document for yourself and see exactly what it says and does not say.

I think I'm done here (although I reserve the right to change my mind). Thanks to all for keeping it civil.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 2:36 pm

When Jesus lived everyone had universal access to health care. yet in the name of Jesus , republicans want to deny people health care.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 2:38 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
When Jesus lived everyone had universal access to health care. yet in the name of Jesus , republicans want to deny people health care.

except for themselves whom they see as the exclusively deserving and entitled.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 2:55 pm

auntblabby wrote:

That's funny, I must have missed the part where the GOP exempted themselves from the Obamacare defund they're demanding.

- Rick Sanchez

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 3:06 pm

Dox47 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

That's funny, I must have missed the part where the GOP exempted themselves from the Obamacare defund they're demanding.

that is because the hypocrites already have gold-plated [and FREE] Cadillac health plans that cover everything. they don't want the rest of us to have the same "freebie."

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 3:13 pm

auntblabby wrote:
that is because the hypocrites already have gold-plated [and FREE] Cadillac health plans that cover everything. they don't want the rest of us to have the same "freebie."

Oh, you're talking about politicians generally, not the GOP specifically as it's not just them, all of Congress get the goodies.

- Rick Sanchez

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 3:20 pm

it is only the GOP who is opposed to sharing in the wealth.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 5:14 pm

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/3 ... rew-stiles
It looks like, then as now, it was largely the fault of congress stamping its feet - with some intransigence from the senate and president as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government ... ted_States

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 11:08 pm

auntblabby wrote:
it is only the GOP who is opposed to sharing in the wealth.

Oh, God forbid any one has to share anything - - because that's COMMUNISM!! !! !

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 11:28 pm

You say that like it's a bad thing. :p

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 11:34 pm

LKL wrote:
You say that like it's a bad thing. :p