Total votes : 13

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 10:23 am

Liveirarica wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:
To the OP:

If you claim to be so intellectual then why are you resorting to the level of name calling and insults instead of keeping your level of reasoning to a higher standard. If you revert to calling others names, then you are lowering your level of debate.

You should be able to voice your opinions in a respectful way, otherwise you may well find yourself banned or the thread locked.
I go to anger management, don't take it personally.

Good for you that your are not too proud to get help.

Sincerely, FOR PEACE, regardless of religion human being is what countS and the FREE ABILITY TO LOVE ALL OTHERS. :)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Liveirarica
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Dec 2014, 10:54 am

aghogday wrote:
Liveirarica wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:
To the OP:

If you claim to be so intellectual then why are you resorting to the level of name calling and insults instead of keeping your level of reasoning to a higher standard. If you revert to calling others names, then you are lowering your level of debate.

You should be able to voice your opinions in a respectful way, otherwise you may well find yourself banned or the thread locked.

Sincerely, FOR PEACE, regardless of religion human being is what countS and the FREE ABILITY TO LOVE ALL OTHERS. :)
Narcissism is healthy for yourself, better than self-hate, depression and suicide as a result, I will die after a long life knowing that I contributed to this world whilst others pathetic beings would hate me and drive themselves, not me, into suicide due to their imbecilic attitudes and persona. To be angry and take it to an immature level is due to my short temper, that I help by spiritual anger management, such as Yoga, and Islam that makes me much more harmless and peacefuller.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 1:41 pm

Liveirarica wrote:
aghogday wrote:
Liveirarica wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:
To the OP:

Narcissism is healthy for yourself, better than self-hate, depression and suicide as a result, I will die after a long life knowing that I contributed to this world whilst others pathetic beings would hate me and drive themselves, not me, into suicide due to their imbecilic attitudes and persona. To be angry and take it to an immature level is due to my short temper, that I help by spiritual anger management, such as Yoga, and Islam that makes me much more harmless and peacefuller.

Yes I agree AND go to my blog site if you like and you will see I LIVE THIS PHILOSOPHY IN LIVING COLOR. ;)

I AM NOT STANDING STILL, or just talking, I am changing the world, ONE PERSON AT A TIME, moment by moment, through action and JUST DOING IT, LIKE my friends at Nike say. ;)

I've already made my mark and documented it as such.

If I die today my life is already complete, but nah, I GO ON, AS TRUE POWER IS IN UNCONDITIONAL LOVE AND PEACEFUL LIVING WAYS.

MY WAY IS BOTH OLD AND YOUNG, AND PERHAPS YOUR PATH IS JUST STARTING, I know not about that.

But never the less, my REAL PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND NEVER AGAINST YOU or ANYONE else.

As I can afford to be that way as my bank of SACRED LOVE IS OVERFLOWING WITH GOLD.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Dec 2014, 5:15 pm

This might actully surpise some people but, The Bible is actully much more violent than The Quran.

The Quran has 532 violent verses: http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran ... /long.html
The Bible has 1318 violent verses: http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/long.html

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 6:01 pm

Nambo wrote:
I understand Muhammad was raised by his Catholic Uncle, that would explain where the Biblical influence comes from.
It would also explain the obsession the Quran has with the Catholic notion of the Grave/Hell being a place where an evil god tortures people for all eternity for rather minor offenses making the god of Islam and the Catholics a worst nightmare than every human psychopath that ever existed combined, whereas in fact God only ever promised non-existence as the reward for those who turned down his offer of an extended existence.

I'm not sure that is right, they met Syrian Christians, there is no reason to assume these were in communion with Rome. The term "Catholic" as the church was only used since the 17th century. The first century it was used by Ignatius of Antioch mean "universal" church.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 6:36 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
The Bible is actully much more violent than The Quran.

Then why are Muslims more violent than Christians? Inbreeding? Higher levels of testosterone? A combination? Some other factor(s)?

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 7:47 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
Nambo wrote:
I understand Muhammad was raised by his Catholic Uncle, that would explain where the Biblical influence comes from.
It would also explain the obsession the Quran has with the Catholic notion of the Grave/Hell being a place where an evil god tortures people for all eternity for rather minor offenses making the god of Islam and the Catholics a worst nightmare than every human psychopath that ever existed combined, whereas in fact God only ever promised non-existence as the reward for those who turned down his offer of an extended existence.

I'm not sure that is right, they met Syrian Christians, there is no reason to assume these were in communion with Rome. The term "Catholic" as the church was only used since the 17th century. The first century it was used by Ignatius of Antioch mean "universal" church.

During the time of the prophet Mohammed the Great Schism between Roman Catholics and Orthodox had not happened yet. And some people today still use catholic in its original meaning. I know some Calvinists who call themselves catholic, just not Roman.

Liveirarica
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Dec 2014, 10:15 am

white_as_snow wrote:
This might actully surpise some people but, The Bible is actully much more violent than The Quran.

The Quran has 532 violent verses: http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran ... /long.html
The Bible has 1318 violent verses: http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/long.html
Reading some of these "532 violent verses", I can safely say that none of them are violent and that the website are trying to prove a point that is not in there, not saying those verses do not exist, but those meanings that these people try to put into these verses are nothing more than propaganda, and others are deliberately misquoted. For example;
Quote:
"Fight in the way of Allah." 2:190, 2:244
1) when it refers to 2:190, it deliberately chose to write out the next words of that verse and not finish the whole sentence, which is; "Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors."

It's quite obvious what that verse say, even what I highlighted in italics clearly proves that it's about self-defense.

2) For the second verse, when it refers to 2:244, "And fight in the cause of Allah and know that Allah is Hearing and Knowing." That verse is nothing more than indications and implications from these bigots' side trying to prove a "look! Muslims are to wage war unconditionally against all unbelievers”, which is a lie, it's nothing more than a false portrayal rather than showing the verse as it is. Fighting in the cause of God is to fight oppression, as shown in verse 2:246, “And why should we not fight in the cause of Allah when we have been driven out from our homes and from our children?” In that context, verse 2:244 encourages Muslims to fight oppression and persecution. The passage does not endorse killing of innocents as the cherry picked verse that those people come with.

Quote:
"Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you." 2:190

It even used one of these cherry picked bigot's verse, which can be read in the OP.

Clearly that website didn't do much of its research and I could continue on how many of these verses are cherry-picked and some even are immaterial, but I don't have time for that and a great portion, if not all, of it is propaganda by just proving how that they were wrong on only two of these, they would all be wrong. I am sure some of those Bible verses aren't violent either, but I haven't read the Bible, it would come off unprofessional to justify what I haven't read.

Liveirarica
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Dec 2014, 10:18 am

Humanaut wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:

Then why are Muslims more violent than Christians? Inbreeding? Higher levels of testosterone? A combination? Some other factor(s)?
If you spent your dimwitted time on reading my post, you would know that you're full of nonsense:
Quote:
I know that you don't think all Muslims are terrorists, just like all atheists aren't Marxists.

But, I disagree with your point, the only difference between now and before is that these Muslim terrorizing groups gets more media attention than before.

There exist 1.6 billion Muslims, but let's just say that "15-25 percent" of the world's Muslims are extremists, and that the remaining are "moderates". Based on the lower end of that range, that's 240 million of the world's 1.6 billion Muslims — the equivalent of every single Muslim in Sub-Saharan Africa. Where are the examples of such supposedly widespread extremism? Even if it is a mere 1 percent of the world's 1.6 billion Muslims is committed to violence, why is it that we haven't seen 16 million violent attacks? The Islamic terror are less than a percent of all Muslims and the number isn't growing among Muslims anymore than it grows among Hindus and Jews or Christians.
You're dismissed.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 11:01 am

Liveirarica wrote:
Humanaut wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:

If you spent your dimwitted time on reading my post, you would know that you're full of nonsense:
Quote:
I know that you don't think all Muslims are terrorists, just like all atheists aren't Marxists.

But, I disagree with your point, the only difference between now and before is that these Muslim terrorizing groups gets more media attention than before.

There exist 1.6 billion Muslims, but let's just say that "15-25 percent" of the world's Muslims are extremists, and that the remaining are "moderates". Based on the lower end of that range, that's 240 million of the world's 1.6 billion Muslims — the equivalent of every single Muslim in Sub-Saharan Africa. Where are the examples of such supposedly widespread extremism? Even if it is a mere 1 percent of the world's 1.6 billion Muslims is committed to violence, why is it that we haven't seen 16 million violent attacks? The Islamic terror are less than a percent of all Muslims and the number isn't growing among Muslims anymore than it grows among Hindus and Jews or Christians.
You're dismissed.

This doesn't explain why Muslims are more violent than Christians.

Liveirarica
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Dec 2014, 1:21 pm

Humanaut wrote:
Liveirarica wrote:
Humanaut wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:

Quote:

You're dismissed.

This doesn't explain why Muslims are more violent than Christians.
Are you stupid? It explains that majority of Muslims are not violent, lesser than a 1%, your "Muslims are more violent..." at that only has been debunked. About Christians, most crimes of the world were done by them.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2014, 7:32 pm

Are you trying to convert Aspies to Islam?

If so, you are failing ... miserably!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2014, 8:34 pm

Fnord wrote:
For every Muslim who seems to justify Islam as a non-violent religion, there are dozens -- perhaps thousands -- more who exemplify Mohammed's "Kill All Infidels" fatwa by committing suicide attacks, beheadings, mass murders, and other atrocities against anyone whom they believe is not a "proper" Moslem -- even other Moslems!.

As for Mohammed's third wife, Aisha, the majority of traditional hadith sources state that Aisha was married to Muhammad at the age of six or seven, but she stayed in her parents' home until the age of nine or ten (according to Ibn Hisham), when the marriage was consummated with Muhammad, then 53, in Medina.

Try to imagine some fat slob of 53 "consummating his marriage" to a 10-year old girl, and you will understand the immediate revulsion that most westerners should feel toward this alleged "prophet".

That anyone would admire a pedophile is an atrocity unto itself.

I've seen some iconography that makes Mary look more like an eight year old than a teenager. Is pedophilia somehow better if it's a god doing it?

To paraphrase both the Bible and Sam Harris, 'by their fruits you shall know them.' Fundamentalist muslims, fundamentalist jews, and fundamentalist christians tend to not be very pleasant people and resort to violence fairly frequently. If there are currently more violent muslims, it's because there are currently more fundie muslims.

Fundamentalist jains wear gauze over their faces and refrain from walking on plants to avoid inhaling insects or crushing blades of grass. Extremist jains starve themselves to death, because eating usually intrinsically kills other organisms.

Liveirarica
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Dec 2014, 8:15 am

Fnord wrote:

And tell me, my dear idiot, how does it come off as that I am trying, in any way, to proselytize anyone? I'm simply getting rid of misconceptions and ignorant bigotry. Is that how you respond when you have nothing of substance to offer? Well, you can just leave, as said, you're the laughingstock.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 8:31 am

Liveirarica wrote:
Fnord wrote:

And tell me, my dear idiot....

OK can you please tell me what is the point of this thread - is it to ridicule and insult other members? If that is the case, then this thread is about to end soon.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 8:50 am

They might be monotheistic--but they're certainly not monolithic.