Velociraptor

06 Jan 2015, 8:42 am

1401b wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:
1401b wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:
1401b wrote:
Read more.

More than 2 billion christians = not a minority.
Spanish Inquisition.
Who's persecuting whom now?

Christians are a minority in asia, middle east.

What do you mean with spanish inquisition? You mean becuse of that the christians that get attacked today deserves it? What does some arab christians have to do with spanish christian extremists some hundreds years ago?

No, I mean the Spanish Inquisition is the natural state that christians work to achieve. They actually did achieve it once and have come oh so close so very many more times and places.

If it were not for laws preventing it christians today would be physically torturing and killing people as we speak. They do equally morally reprehensible acts every single day. Some of those acts lead to the death of others but often in ways that cannot be legally bound to them, they know how to skirt the law.
There is no hate as burningly passionate as 83% of "christians" have festering in their soul for each other and for the world full of "sinners" (heathens).
They demonstrate it everyday, go talk with them, live with them and be honest about their behavior and you can only come to one conclusion: christianity is a nicety cover for the world's most evil and chicken-shitted people.

Christians are the biggest religious group and not some tiny helpless huddle of lip chewers.
Distribution of religions as Christian 33.39% (of which Roman Catholic 16.85%, Protestant 6.15%, Orthodox 3.96%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.74% (of which Sunni 75-90%, Shia 10-20%, Ahmadi 1%), Hindu 13.8%, Buddhist 6.77%, Sikh 0.35%, Jewish 0.22%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 10.95%, non-religious 9.66%, atheists 2.01% (2010 est.).[1]

Spanish Inquisition is the natural state that christians work to achieve? So how come this is the first time I have heard it? Not a single christian have ever told me that they want spanish inquisition again. Show me some prove that many christians want this.

No, christians would not do that. In many country were christians are a vast majority, this stuff dont happen. I dont understand how you even can think this when Jesus said that violent is not okay and that we shall love our enemy and if someone hits us, we should not hit back.

Tell me in what way other people are better than christians, tell me how muslims are better, tell me how leftwings are better, tell me how facists are better. I dont see how. If christians are so evil, why is there no christians group like ISIS?

Christians in middle east and asia are a minority. Search on google.

Of course you would say this, christians constantly "advertise" that they are kind and do you know why?
Because there is no one more evil than 83% of christians are.

ps. screw grammer...

I have never say that all christians are good or that the bible have not violent texts.

But to say that 83 % of all christians are evil are just nuts. Give me some source to show me that you are right.

If so many christians were evil, they would bring more problem to the world, you would have seen hundreds of christian verisons of isis.

I personally know about 100 christians in Sweden, not a single one wants to kill people and rule over others.

Grammer? Spelling is not my strong side.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2015, 3:33 pm

Venger wrote:
And I'll bet you'd start praying if you got into a situation in which you believed your life to be imminently in severe danger. I suspect that's the case with most who declare themselves to be "atheists" although zero of them would admit to it.

The make assumptions about 100% of humanity game? I'm in!

100% of Christians are actually communists who wish the government would come and relieve them of their property. They will never admit it, though.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2015, 3:44 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
andrethemoogle wrote:
There are Christian groups that are somewhat equal to ISIS, mainly the ones in Uganda who push their homophobic views onto everyone and execute people who are gay, lesbian or transgender.

Not to mention this started when evangelical Christians in the United States wanted to pass similar laws but were deemed too batshit insane so they went to a lesser developed country and brainwashed them into thinking that.

The law in Uganda, from what I understand, was struck down in August 2014.

On procedural grounds, not due to the content of the law.
There's no reason they can't reintroduce it again. On top of that, some of the damage has already been done, there have been a number of beatings and murders since the bill was passed.

It will be reintroduced with no revisions later this month.

I think John Oliver covered this at the time in a way to keep you from wanting to climb the watchtower. Just Google John Oliver and Uganda. Maybe watch the Onziema interview.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2015, 4:03 pm

trollcatman wrote:
I meant them being a minority and mistreated for it is horrible. There have been attacks on churches in Egypt for example. I remember during the rebellion in Mali which started as a Touareg rebellion for independence but was then usurped by Islamists, they murdered Christian priests (not Arabs there btw).

While the treatment of Christians in many parts of the Middle East are atrocious, there are many areas where Christians and Muslims get along just fine. Gaza is around 1/4 to 1/5 Christian (depending on who you use for the numbers), and most Christians there get along with their Muslim neighbors just fine. In fact, after the most recent round of Israeli decimation, the Gaza Christian community actually took in those without homes to the point that the UN camps were cleared quicker than you will see anywhere else in the world. When the more extreme portions of the Muslim Brotherhood were ramping up its attacks in Egypt on the Coptics, there were plenty of Muslims who stepped in to offer protection (and some of those same groups returned the favor when Sisi came calling to jail as many MB folks as he could).

And there are also plenty of dangerous and terrible Christians in the region as well. In Nigeria if there is a horrific slaughter, it is a toss up as to whether it was Christian or Muslim extremists. In plenty of the more dangerous areas of Africa, plenty of "Christian" groups have no trouble training up child armies to fight their personal wars.

I guess I'm just trying to say that the whole Christians are the most persecuted is not really presenting an issue that is even based in reality. If you want the most persecuted of the major religions, it would probably have to be Muslims. Not only do different factions of Muslims persecute each other (almost to the extent of the Reformation period bad blood on the Christian side of things), but they are also subject to persecution from members of almost every other faith, as well. For crying out loud, there are violent Buddhist extremists that have attacked Muslims. Even India's current leader faced some scandal about a massacre of Muslims that happened on his watch early in his career which resulted in some questions about whether he could legally enter the US. And as for the way they are often treated in the media, especially in the US, is downright obscene. Right here on WP Muslims get attacked even there are none present. Islam is frequently accused of being a religion of hatred and some pretty horrible things are said about ALL Muslims. Don't get me wrong, Christians get hit way harder than I think they generally should here as well, it's just that Muslims also have to take crap from the supposed Christians here.

Sorry. Went on a bit of a rant there. New apartment; renting from a racist sexist Islamophobe who seems to think that all white people want to hear him talk about the Trouble right here in River City. I actually deleted a half dozen paragraphs and just left the first few.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2015, 6:41 pm

sonofghandi wrote:
Venger wrote:
And I'll bet you'd start praying if you got into a situation in which you believed your life to be imminently in severe danger. I suspect that's the case with most who declare themselves to be "atheists" although zero of them would admit to it.

100% of Christians are actually communists who wish the government would come and relieve them of their property. They will never admit it, though.

Is that some sort of reference to Stalin probably holding the record for genocide, and a lot of it being directly related to him making communist Russia an "atheist state". :?:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2015, 10:09 pm

Venger wrote:
sonofghandi wrote:
Venger wrote:

Is that some sort of reference to Stalin probably holding the record for genocide, and a lot of it being directly related to him making communist Russia an "atheist state". :?:

Actually, Mao holds the genocide record, but Stalin is a close second. As for atheist statism, Enver Hoxha, who led Albania from 1944-1985, was the only leader ever to ban religion completely.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 3:07 am

Adolf Hitler was Roman Catholic and wanted the genocide of all Jews!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 4:34 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Adolf Hitler was Roman Catholic and wanted the genocide of all Jews!

He also killed a s**t load of christians including many catholics because of their religion, so it probably wasn't actually true. Hitler was psychopathic con-artist that would say whatever was convenient at the moment.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 12:26 pm

Regarding Hitler, it's difficult to be certain what his true religious views were.

He was officially a Catholic.
Him and the Nazi Party were relatively tolerant towards Catholics, Protestants, neo-Pagans, Muslims and non-believers, so long as they were loyal Nazis.
Hitler regularly described himself as 'doing the creator's work', but this doesn't inherently imply he was a Christian or motivated by Christian faith.
While tolerance and approval were shown towards Germanic neo-pagan reconstructionist movements, Hitler never expressed any personal devotion to these, suggesting he may have favoured them politically, but wasn't a member.
Catholic churches and Protestant churches that failed to support the Nazi regime were targeted by Hitler and the Nazis, but overall they were generally tolerant of Christianity. Some of the neo-pagan Nazis were less tolerant of Christianity, but they didn't set Nazi Party policy ever.

Hitler was pragmatic and ultimately more concerned about maintaining power and support than about forcing a specific religion on to the German people or their conquered enemies, although this doesn't imply it may not have occurred later. Since no overt religious favouritism was demonstrated and crackdowns on religious groups was largely tied to political concerns, not theological ones, it's difficult to say with any firmness what religion Hitler was or what religion he favoured publicly.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 3:08 pm

Fnord wrote:
beneficii wrote:
Fnord wrote:
So "Persecution" to a Christian can range from something as simple as saying "I am an Atheist" to whatever tortures those Islamists hand out.
Which of course is a total insult to the latter.
So?

Since some "Christians" have already damned me for not living up to their lofty standards, what could an Islamist do to me that would be any worse?

:roll:

Chop your head off?

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 1:49 am

Fnord wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:
Fnord wrote:
beneficii wrote:
Fnord wrote:
So "Persecution" to a Christian can range from something as simple as saying "I am an Atheist" to whatever tortures those Islamists hand out.
Which of course is a total insult to the latter.
So? Since some "Christians" have already damned me for not living up to their lofty standards, what could an Islamist do to me that would be any worse?
Christians are not allowed to damn other people, im sorry that they damned you. I hope you will enter heaven when you die. Well, being beheaded by Daesh is not very funny.
You haven't read Matthew 16:19 yet, have you? It is the verse that "Christians" use to justify their alleged ability to damn or beatify others. I wish that more "Christians" would actually read their Bibles!

You can no more apologize for others than you can pray someone out of Hell. If someone has harmed me in some way, then it is up to that person - and that person alone - to (1) admit what he did; (2) declare that it was wrong to do; (3) apologize for doing it; (4) ask me to forgive him; and maybe (5) offer restitution and reparation for the harm he did to me. Otherwise, he will die unrepentant, and maybe even end up in Hell himself!

As for being beheaded ... First, they'll have to capture me. Second, Dying for my faith (according to both Islam and Christianity) virtually guarantees a place for me in Heaven!

Damn, I'm surrounded by pigheaded ignorant Christan Fundamentalist who believe all sorts of crap... but I've never heard them justify it with that verse for it before...
And I'm surrounded by the kind of Christian that believes that if you aren't a young earth creationist then you are going to hell (yep, it's horrible... At least they're tolerant of the LGBT community... but if you have an abortion... or drink alcoholic beverages... or smoke tobacco... or play cards... or aren't a creationist, then you are going to hell... I'm not sure exactly where they get their theology :roll: )

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x