Page 45 of 88 [ 1403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 88  Next

Do you believe God exists?
1) God is a being, that one can have a personal relationship. A person God. 30%  30%  [ 55 ]
2) God is an impersonal force that guides reality as it is. He decrees our laws of physics, but does not intervene to break them. 12%  12%  [ 22 ]
3) God does not exist. Reality can be explained by scientific inquiry and the scientific method in by itself. 33%  33%  [ 60 ]
4) I am not sure. There is the possibility that God does exist, or does not. We must follow the preponderance of evidence when drawing our conclusion. 26%  26%  [ 47 ]
Total votes : 184

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 6:56 pm

Deltaville wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Deltaville wrote:
I wonder why AspieOtaku is ignoring all my posts completely. I assumed he is a "god slayer" and asked for us to throw everything we got at him. Yet when confronted with overwhelming evidence to the contrary, he conveniantly ignores what I said, changes gears to a different topic, and posts several more times with the same ideas, to push my posts back a page.
That is not overwhelming evidence, just data cherrypicked with beliefs, if it was all true it would be all published on all the front pages of Scientific magazines and broadcasted on national television! It would make the news, its just as weak as the multiple claims of Noah's Ark being found on all sites being mere hoaxes.

Since I assume that you read "science" magazines, you may have missed a great deal.

http://discovermagazine.com/2008/dec/10 ... nt-creator

And this article was published before we discovered that the topology of our universe is hopelessly incompatible with the multiverse model. To be frank, I am not even sure that you comprehended anything that I have posted a moment ago.

Cherry picking? Now that is what I call the pot calling the kettle black!
Yet the acadamy of science does not accept god nor is there god in the museum of natural history. No black kettle here my friend just pointing out the obvious that a diety will never be accepted the evidence is still lacking but how can you blame people for no longer believing in an out dated book that contradicts itself. Those that try to keep believing push oh so hard like in your case. We are homosapiens a hominid that shares a common ancestor with pan troglodytes the bible states otherwise but lacks realistic evidence.Talking snakes and talking burning bushes is beyond reality.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 7:09 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Deltaville wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Deltaville wrote:
I wonder why AspieOtaku is ignoring all my posts completely. I assumed he is a "god slayer" and asked for us to throw everything we got at him. Yet when confronted with overwhelming evidence to the contrary, he conveniantly ignores what I said, changes gears to a different topic, and posts several more times with the same ideas, to push my posts back a page.
That is not overwhelming evidence, just data cherrypicked with beliefs, if it was all true it would be all published on all the front pages of Scientific magazines and broadcasted on national television! It would make the news, its just as weak as the multiple claims of Noah's Ark being found on all sites being mere hoaxes.

Since I assume that you read "science" magazines, you may have missed a great deal.

And this article was published before we discovered that the topology of our universe is hopelessly incompatible with the multiverse model. To be frank, I am not even sure that you comprehended anything that I have posted a moment ago.

Yet the acadamy of science does not accept god nor is there god in the museum of natural history. No black kettle here my friend just pointing out the obvious that a diety will never be accepted the evidence is still lacking but how can you blame people for no longer believing in an out dated book that contradicts itself. Those that try to keep believing push oh so hard like in your case. We are homosapiens a hominid that shares a common ancestor with pan troglodytes the bible states otherwise but lacks realistic evidence.Talking snakes and talking burning bushes is beyond reality.

You are utterly ignoring the airtight evidence that I have presented to you on the three posts near the top of the page. You are shifting attention from the evidence that I have presented to you, merely because it is incongruent with your convictions. Do not BS me, I am a theoretical physicist.

"Don't forget to floss." - Darkwing Duck

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 7:12 pm

The universe does what it does, it has no personality or emotion it is not god, the cop out explanation why it works the way it does is a primitive 3 letter word. Until the full explanation is uncovered god will be the excuse and argued with emotion and not reason or grasp in reality.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 7:17 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
The universe does what it does, it has no personality or emotion it is not god, the cop out explanation why it works the way it does is a primitive 3 letter word. Until the full explanation is uncovered god will be the excuse and argued with emotion and not reason or grasp in reality.

You claim you can refute any evidence for God; please do so with respects to the arguments I have provided.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 7:22 pm

Deltaville wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

You claim you can refute any evidence for God; please do so with respects to the arguments I have provided.
Its quite simple really, God is man made, he he wasnt and was real the animals before humans would be making churches and shrines etc and within the last 400 million plus years nothing only within the last 10000 to 30000 years we see artifacts in regards to religion. 8)

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 7:26 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Deltaville wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

Its quite simple really, God is man made, he he wasnt and was real the animals before humans would be making churches and shrines etc and within the last 400 million plus years nothing only within the last 10000 to 30000 years we see artifacts in regards to religion. 8)

You are a 'god' slayer - refute my arguments.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 7:27 pm

God slain again i got his uber loots and got his crown muahaha! My sword of knowledge has a bane to god + 5000! I gain exp lvl up!

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 7:30 pm

Before we know it Deltaville will find some scientific evidence as a desperate means to prove the Easter Bunny is real! Sorry son hes not, its time we grow up and put away childish things and live in reality, not fairytales.

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 7:35 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Before we know it Deltaville will find some scientific evidence as a desperate means to prove the Easter Bunny is real! Sorry son hes not, its time we grow up and put away childish things and live in reality, not fairytales.

Refute the arguments that I have brought to your attention, or concede that you cannot refute them. Enough about me.

Last edited by B19 on 17 Apr 2016, 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.: breach of rules: personal attack

NoahYates
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 7:54 pm

The fact that he is comparing God to the easter bunny tells you all you need to know.

“In the same way that you see a flower in a field, it’s really the whole field that is flowering, because the flower couldn’t exist in that particular place without the special surroundings of the field; you only find flowers in surroundings that will support them. So in the same way, you only find human beings on a planet of this kind, with an atmosphere of this kind, with a temperature of this kind- supplied by a convenient neighboring star. And so, as the flower is a flowering of the field, I feel myself as a personing- a manning- a peopling of the whole universe. –In other words, I, like everything else in the universe, seem to be a center… a sort of vortex, at which the whole energy of the universe realizes itself- comes alive… an aperture through which the whole universe is conscious of itself. In other words, I go with it as a center to a circumference.”~ Alan Watts

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 7:58 pm

What is your idol?

Money
Knowledge and intelligence
Power
Comfort.
"As far as me and my house, we will serve The Lord"
You all are way beyond me intellectually and sharing arguments to debate technique.

My brain sometimes pulls things from adjacent boxes.

The discussion reminded me of a Dylan tune.
You gotta serve somebody

Part of the lyrics. Video link is below.

You may be working in a barbershop, you may know how to cut hair
You may be somebody's mistress, may be somebody's heir.

But you're gonna have to serve somebody, yes
You're gonna have to serve somebody,
Well, it may be the devil or it may be the Lord
But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

Might like to wear cotton, might like to wear silk
Might like to drink whiskey, might like to drink milk
You might like to eat caviar, you might like to eat bread
You may be sleeping on the floor, sleeping in a king-sized bed.

But you're gonna have to serve somebody, yes indeed
It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

You may call me Terry, you may call me Jimmy
You may call me Bobby, you may call me Zimmy
You may call me R.J., you may call me Ray
You may call me anything but no matter what you say.

You're gonna have to serve somebody, yes indeed
Well, it may be the devil or it may be the Lord

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 8:56 pm

Deltaville wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

You imbecile. Refute the arguments that I have brought to your attention, or concede that you cannot refute them. Enough about me.
Silly man, I already did, have you not read the post explaining that religion does not seem to have history predating man kind? If a diety was to be real there would be shrines and artifacts made by animals. And if you say animals are incapable of doing so you are wrong yet again, here is an elephant painting a picture. Resorting to personal attacks proves your points are in fact invalid and a sign that you are getting desperate and acting out on emotion and not with reason!

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 9:04 pm

Deltaville wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Deltaville wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Deltaville wrote:

You are utterly ignoring the airtight evidence that I have presented to you on the three posts near the top of the page. You are shifting attention from the evidence that I have presented to you, merely because it is incongruent with your convictions. Do not BS me, I am a theoretical physicist.
Hmm theoretical physics holds no water it is merely theory, string theory holds more water than your theories, the evidence is in theory once again and not law, or fact, and does not hold overwhelming support by the scientific community, you seem to be getting mad rather easily, I can say oh I work at Google, do you work at Google? No? Too bad LOL! It means nothing my friend. *yawn* http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... faith-god/ Try harder!

Last edited by AspieOtaku on 17 Apr 2016, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 9:10 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Deltaville wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

You imbecile. Refute the arguments that I have brought to your attention, or concede that you cannot refute them. Enough about me.
Silly man, I already did, have you not read the post explaining that religion does not seem to have history predating man kind? If a diety was to be real there would be shrines and artifacts made by animals. And if you say animals are incapable of doing so you are wrong yet again, here is an elephant painting a picture. Resorting to personal attacks proves your points are in fact invalid and a sign that you are getting desperate and acting out on emotion and noth reason!

... and my arguments remain unrefuted.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 9:11 pm

Deltaville wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Deltaville wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

Silly man, I already did, have you not read the post explaining that religion does not seem to have history predating man kind? If a diety was to be real there would be shrines and artifacts made by animals. And if you say animals are incapable of doing so you are wrong yet again, here is an elephant painting a picture. Resorting to personal attacks proves your points are in fact invalid and a sign that you are getting desperate and acting out on emotion and noth reason!

... and my arguments remain unrefuted.
Not really you are the one chosing to to ignore my refutals my friend, get back to the drawing board with your theorys.http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... ng-vs-god/ even mr Hawking dismisses there is no possibility that there is a god, are you more knowledgeable than Mr. Hawking? Hes one of the most intelligent people on Earth.

Last edited by AspieOtaku on 17 Apr 2016, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 9:13 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Deltaville wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Deltaville wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Deltaville wrote:

Hmm theoretical physics holds no water it is merely theory, string theory holds more water than your theories, the evidence is in theory once again and not law, or fact, and does not hold overwhelming support by the scientific community, you seem to be getting mad rather easily, I can say oh I work at Google, do you work at Google? No? Too bad LOL! It means nothing my friend. *yawn* http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... faith-god/ Try harder!

String theory fails because it requires higher dimensional conjectures that cannot be observed, and give countless solutions that are no use to us.