Page 9 of 19 [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19  Next

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2012, 6:00 pm

flipflopjenkins wrote:
Most people marry within their race already, but several people do not, and it has led to a surplus of single Asian men and single Black women.
If you consider this a problem that needs tackling, one approach is to encourage Asian man / Black woman pairings, and another is to encourage more people to date/marry within their race.

That is already the problem: too many Black women and Asian men seeking to stay within their own race, and finding a very small pool of candidates. Lots of people condemned to a life of bachelor/spinster-hood, simply because they are too narrow.

They could do better if they sought to expand their options.

There is an AMBW (Asian Man-Black Woman) channel on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/user/AMBWUnite/videos?view=0

They have a bit of a website

http://blackwomenasianmen.tumblr.com/

So, more power to Asian/Black couplings!

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2012, 6:24 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:

...then, it seemeth that some of the Asian ladies pursuing White men, and that some of the White women chasing Black men, may be partially motivated by a desire for a sausage upgrade.

I can't speak for Asian women, but I think the white women who date black men do so for a bunch of reasons, the 'sausage size' not being a priority. That alone doesn't make a good lover.

I think they like the looks and personalities of their black partners. And also, I know this is a just a stereotype, but they say black men are less hung up about the size of a woman. This might not be true, but that stereotype alone probably makes some white women more confident with their bodies around black men.

I'm talking about actual relationships here, not those old women that go to the Caribbean for fantasy boyfriend experiences.

So you get white guys who like Asian girls because they think they'd be more accepted as having intellectual/nerdy charm by them...and white women who feel more comfortable around black guys because of the stereotype that black men like women to be curvy. This is just a big generalisation.

Of course you get a lot of white women who are open to nerdy men and white guys who don't specify a very slim figure, and most people date people because they actually like them - not because of perceived racial preferences/characteristics. But I think these ideas are out there in the culture.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2012, 8:19 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
I think they like the looks and personalities of their black partners. And also, I know this is a just a stereotype, but they say black men are less hung up about the size of a woman. This might not be true, but that stereotype alone probably makes some white women more confident with their bodies around black men.

Chris Rock on the subject

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZGIBFevQPY[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qjnyjTKLO8[/youtube]

And some white girls who love black men

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-4a1Gil_zo[/youtube]

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2012, 9:09 pm

Promoting interracial marriages is racist.

Restricting interracial marriages is racist.

Stop thinking about skin color.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2012, 9:14 pm

9 pages. Time to break into a song.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtMsQt4P2u8[/youtube]

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2012, 10:16 pm

Should interracial relationships be promoted? No... I think you should marry who you want to marry. Should interracial relationships be more prominent in the media? Yes.

Growing up as half Asian and half European, I went through a confused stage of my life, sometimes I still do. I think if interracial marriages were more prominent in the media, especially Eurasian ones I would have been less confused. It's a weird feeling. Kind of like a confusion of identity sometimes. I know race shouldn't and doesn't matter but sometimes it's confusing, especially when you're raised predominantly geared more toward one race.

When do you ever see a mixed race family sitcom on television or even in the movies...especially Eurasian? It's extremely rare.

I mean, it's a lot better than it was 10 years ago but it still needs to get better.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2012, 11:50 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Of course, there is Mrs. Obama, but she is a middle-aged married woman, about whom few men are going to entertain impure thoughts.

mrs. POTUS is totally YUMMY!! ! :bounce: i'd be SOOOOOOOO stoked if only she would conjugate with me!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2012, 12:03 am

auntblabby wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Of course, there is Mrs. Obama, but she is a middle-aged married woman, about whom few men are going to entertain impure thoughts.

mrs. POTUS is totally YUMMY!! ! :bounce: i'd be SOOOOOOOO stoked if only she would conjugate with me!

As my wife is about to turn forty one, I don't have a problem with hot ladies in that age group, either. I agree, the First Lady is a hottie!

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2012, 12:09 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

As my wife is about to turn forty one, I don't have a problem with hot ladies in that age group, either. I agree, the First Lady is a hottie!
in fact i'd think of her as the MIL#-in-chief :bounce:

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2012, 12:11 am

I don't get the point of this topic, what the hell does skin pigmentation have to do with a human being's intrinsic value. Who the hell cares what color skin someone has, it's stupid.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2012, 12:13 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

in fact i'd think of her as the MIL#-in-chief :bounce:

OH, YEAH!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2012, 12:15 am

Inuyasha wrote:
I don't get the point of this topic, what the hell does skin pigmentation have to do with a human being's intrinsic value. Who the hell cares what color skin someone has, it's stupid.

Because there are still people who believe certain skin colors makes you less than others.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2012, 12:44 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Because there are still people who believe certain skin colors makes you less than others.

These days when someone is accused of being racist, it's probably more likely that the individual is just someone a leftist wants to silence and has nothing to do with any racial discrimination.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2012, 1:06 am

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

These days when someone is accused of being racist, it's probably more likely that the individual is just someone a leftist wants to silence and has nothing to do with any racial discrimination.

That's the excuse the right makes to cover their own racism. And no, I did not just call you a racist - but I do think they've gotten you to parrot everything they spout.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2012, 1:14 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

That's the excuse the right makes to cover their own racism. And no, I did not just call you a racist - but I do think they've gotten you to parrot everything they spout.

Actually it's more of the fact that I personally have been called a racist repeatedly online because I'm a conservative, as have many other conservatives.

Kraichgauer it isn't an excuse the right makes up, the left commonly tries to use the race card as a way to intimidate people instead of trying to actually point out racism.

Also to be quite blunt, I've seen more racism spewed from the left than I have from the right.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2012, 1:42 am

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Actually it's more of the fact that I personally have been called a racist repeatedly online because I'm a conservative, as have many other conservatives.

Kraichgauer it isn't an excuse the right makes up, the left commonly tries to use the race card as a way to intimidate people instead of trying to actually point out racism.

Also to be quite blunt, I've seen more racism spewed from the left than I have from the right.

Really? I seem to recall how civil rights legislation from the mid twentieth century on has been championed by the left. Those southern Democrats who had opposed civil rights in good time became Republicans - much with the encouragement of Nixon's southern strategy. Since then, the right has used racially charged code words like "welfare queen," and scapegoated those on public assistance - black, brown, and white - for somehow being responsible for all this country's financial and social woes.
So how is the left guilty of misusing race?