Page 94 of 105 [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 105  Next

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 6:33 am

AngelRho wrote:
It was a First Cause that brought about the largest stars in the galaxy, those stars being the most massive objects. The kind of power contained within just one of the most massive stars is, in my mind, unimaginable. We certainly have no ability to create something like that, and yet such a creative force as to create not just one super-star, but ALL of them all the way down to the tiniest stars like our sun created everything with the simple ease of just speaking it into existence. [Note: Even if you reject the Bible and Yahweh, whatever or whoever the First Cause was/is seemed to bring about creation seemingly effortlessly, which is my point here--my own views notwithstanding.] The First Cause in undeniably, immensely powerful.

The first cause (if any) will indeed be, or have been, immensely powerful, there's no denying that

however:
AngelRho wrote:
Since we are a direct result of a creative effort

no, no, not by definition. natural processes are random, not creative.

AngelRho wrote:
Of course, if you want the deeper stuff, there's omnipresence, omniscience, and omnipotence…just for starters.

all unproven, and some contradict themselves.
if god is omnipotent, he can create a rock he cannot lift; but since he cannot lift said rock (it was created as such), god is not omnipotent. if he cannot create said rock, he isn't omnipotent either.
elementary school level logic; that's one divine aspect gone.

omnipresence; i cannot easily go against this, but i do wonder why churches are needed in this case

omniscience: "forgive me, for i have sinned"; yeah, he knows...

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 7:14 am

sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
The correct answer is that personal experiences cannot be used to justify ones faith.

That's a tough one…it's hard to disagree with (then everyone is right and no one is wrong, which is a contradiction), but hard to agree with at the same time (because personal experiences aren't necessarily wrong, either).

Besides, everything you know is through personal experience. Why pick and choose? I'm not saying it's wrong to pick and choose…you have to pick what you're going to believe or disbelieve. What criteria are you using to judge which personal experiences you accept to justify a belief versus criteria for experiences you reject?

And if not personal experience, what DO you use to justify your faith?

I believe in reliable people. Prophets and Messengers and their disciples.

Well, in that case, if you believe in the current text of revised bibles you believe in
the creed of the Roman Empire Emperor Constantine and his Catholic Cohort
leaders as they sit in the Nicea council and decide what will and what will
not be in the bible, in regard to the teachings of Jesus, and who he frigging even is.

Trust me, history can be a friend to better discern the Truth and Light of the GOD of Nature.

And the Gospel of Thomas, certainly censored out of the New Testament, tells a tale
of a Yogi-leaning Pantheist Jesus, and no GOD of man;

As clearly referenced in the text of this link to the Gospel of Thomas.

Quote:
http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/thomas.htm

It's as clear as Jesus' naked stripped/disrobed
body of Nature by his own volition,
and reported words, in Verse 37.

But it takes the ability to discern metaphor to understand anything
of the TRUTH AND LIGHT, PER THE GOD of NATURE WITHIN HUMAN BEING
NATURE, PER mystical esoteric metaphors of reported 'Gospel of Thomas Jesus'.

I don't accept the bible as the word of God because its text cannot be traced back to God.

So in other words, do you accept the Quran as the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

If it can be traced back to God then it is the Word of God.

Well it can potentially be traced back to Muhammad sitting in a cave contemplating the God of Nature.

Aghoday !

Does God know everything ?

Please , don't write a huge essay , just say yes or no.

I need NO words to understand GOD.

GOD need NO words to understand I.

God is much more than 50 shades of grey and 50 hues of color but God is no silly little word of human know or NO alone.

GOD IS VERB of FORCE NOW.

There are no IDOL words of humans that can JAIL

GODISNOWORD@ALL

ANDALLWORDSINALL.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 7:28 am

aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
The correct answer is that personal experiences cannot be used to justify ones faith.

That's a tough one…it's hard to disagree with (then everyone is right and no one is wrong, which is a contradiction), but hard to agree with at the same time (because personal experiences aren't necessarily wrong, either).

Besides, everything you know is through personal experience. Why pick and choose? I'm not saying it's wrong to pick and choose…you have to pick what you're going to believe or disbelieve. What criteria are you using to judge which personal experiences you accept to justify a belief versus criteria for experiences you reject?

Well, in that case, if you believe in the current text of revised bibles you believe in
not be in the bible, in regard to the teachings of Jesus, and who he frigging even is.

Trust me, history can be a friend to better discern the Truth and Light of the GOD of Nature.

And the Gospel of Thomas, certainly censored out of the New Testament, tells a tale

Quote:

I don't accept the bible as the word of God because its text cannot be traced back to God.

So in other words, do you accept the Quran as the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Well it can potentially be traced back to Muhammad sitting in a cave contemplating the God of Nature.

Aghoday !

God is much more than 50 shades of grey and 50 hues of color but God is no silly little word of human know or NO alone.

GODISNOWORD@ALL

ANDALLWORDSINALL.

All Muhammad knows of GOD is words of yesteryears attributed to Muhammad; therefore, Fred knows much more about GOD than Muhammad does then, as Fred is not limited to words of then.

Any more questions about Dog or God...

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 7:38 am

aghogday wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
sophisticated wrote:

Quote:

Aghoday !

GODISNOWORD@ALL

ANDALLWORDSINALL.

All Muhammad knows of GOD is words of yesteryears attributed to Muhammad; therefore, Fred knows much more about GOD than Muhammad does then, as Fred is not limited to words of then.

Dogs have fleas.

There is no record of Muhammad knowing this; therefore, Fred knows more about GOD than 'smaller' Muhammad, as Dog Is GOD too.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 8:09 am

aghogday wrote:
DentArthurDent wrote:
aghogday wrote:
You listen up dude, I've already provided the documented evidence here,
Directly linked

Ah no you have not. All we get are claims made by you that you are a medical miracle. Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence. If you really want us to stop questioning the voracity of your claims then post actual evidence,appropriately redacted medical records would be a very good start.

You come and see me and I'll show you everything, FROM HEAD TO TOE, AND OVER 100 PAGES OF MEDICAL DOCUMENTATION.

Until then, YOU will just see the only man on Youtube, at any age, pressing 930LBS with his legs, 14 times slowly and surely on a parallel leg press, with his hands raised in the air, using no mechanical advantage of upper body to do it.

That is what I am talking about. And the RELIGIOUS doctors do call IT, ALONG WITH MY SUDDEN RECOVERY, a religious miracle; not a frigging medical miracle, for clarity, as I never said it was a medical miracle. If I did, quote it, as it does not exist. I CALL IT A REAL LIFE NATURAL MIRACLE AS I DO NOT BELIEVE IN FAIRY TALES.

You can dream whatever it is you are dreaming up all by yourself but THAT DOES NOT APPLY TO ME.

And please don't forget for your good that I have close to a photographic memory for text, in all the literal millions of words I have written here, and even more of what I have read of everyone else, since November 26th of 2010.

That's just another one of my 'Autistic Super Powers', bud, and you are saddled with it too, in a way here, at least..;)

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. Nothing but words and no substance. Yes I have seen the vid, so what. I checked what other folk do and in the realm of body building your feat is not particularly exceptional, indeed compared to some you are piss weak. If you have pages of medical records lets see them. After all it is you making these claims, so basically show evidence or put up with us being rather cynical.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Apr 2015, 8:25 am

aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
sophisticated wrote:

Quote:

Aghoday !

GODISNOWORD@ALL

ANDALLWORDSINALL.

You didn't answer the question.

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Apr 2015, 8:27 am

aghogday wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
sophisticated wrote:

Quote:

Aghoday !

GODISNOWORD@ALL

ANDALLWORDSINALL.

Why are you replying to your own post?

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Apr 2015, 8:29 am

aghogday wrote:
aghogday wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
sophisticated wrote:

Quote:

Aghoday !

GODISNOWORD@ALL

ANDALLWORDSINALL.

Dogs have fleas.

There is no record of Muhammad knowing this; therefore, Fred knows more about GOD than 'smaller' Muhammad, as Dog Is GOD too.

Who is Fred ?

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 8:39 am

DentArthurDent wrote:
aghogday wrote:
DentArthurDent wrote:
aghogday wrote:
You listen up dude, I've already provided the documented evidence here,
Directly linked

Ah no you have not. All we get are claims made by you that you are a medical miracle. Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence. If you really want us to stop questioning the voracity of your claims then post actual evidence,appropriately redacted medical records would be a very good start.

You come and see me and I'll show you everything, FROM HEAD TO TOE, AND OVER 100 PAGES OF MEDICAL DOCUMENTATION.

Until then, YOU will just see the only man on Youtube, at any age, pressing 930LBS with his legs, 14 times slowly and surely on a parallel leg press, with his hands raised in the air, using no mechanical advantage of upper body to do it.

That is what I am talking about. And the RELIGIOUS doctors do call IT, ALONG WITH MY SUDDEN RECOVERY, a religious miracle; not a frigging medical miracle, for clarity, as I never said it was a medical miracle. If I did, quote it, as it does not exist. I CALL IT A REAL LIFE NATURAL MIRACLE AS I DO NOT BELIEVE IN FAIRY TALES.

You can dream whatever it is you are dreaming up all by yourself but THAT DOES NOT APPLY TO ME.

And please don't forget for your good that I have close to a photographic memory for text, in all the literal millions of words I have written here, and even more of what I have read of everyone else, since November 26th of 2010.

That's just another one of my 'Autistic Super Powers', bud, and you are saddled with it too, in a way here, at least..;)

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. Nothing but words and no substance. Yes I have seen the vid, so what. I checked what other folk do and in the realm of body building your feat is not particularly exceptional, indeed compared to some you are piss weak. If you have pages of medical records lets see them. After all it is you making these claims, so basically show evidence or put up with us being rather cynical.

WELL if you know anything about bodybuilding you know it is MOST all about anabolic steroids at this point in time.

Show me someone who is age 54, who can do what I can do without steroids on YouTube and then we will talk a little more about this.

But until then, you can just call it an ALL NATURAL MIRACLE, FRIEND.

AND THAT IS WHAT I MEAN BY ALL NATURAL, TOO.

NO ANABOLIC STEROIDS ADDED IN my current medical record of testosterone that is 277; per that of a 75 year old man.

Exercise Physiology is one of the many elements of three college degrees, per the Health Science one, for me.

This is an area of expertise, dude, and I am pioneering in areas of physical education that my 'PE' teachers could only dream about, 'then'..;)

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 8:45 am

sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
aghogday wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
sophisticated wrote:

Quote:

Aghoday !

GODISNOWORD@ALL

ANDALLWORDSINALL.

Dogs have fleas.

Who is Fred ?

I am WHO; Literally and metaphorically WHO.

There is NO answer to your question;

and that is the point of all of this NO;

and NO not whether GOD knows NO or NOT.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 8:52 am

I agree a lot of what is in the Bible is so fantastical, it defies reality! Only true Santa Claus believers would believe a lot of what is inside that book and how many full grown adults still believe in The Jolly One? Yet the entire nation is supposed to believe every word of the Bible was written by God and everything in the Bible really happened exactly as it was written.

The point of spirituality is not a book like the Bible, which can become just another idol. Spirituality is immaterial, that is the entire point. You can believe in a spiritual God who can help you make it through life without believing it's all about being judged for sins and wrath. When in touch with spirit, you are less likely to make those really bad decisions that bring trouble into your life, which are actually sins against yourself because they harm you. That's the basic tenant of spirituality and the idea of God. It's to strengthen your wisdom so you attract good into your life instead of bad.

Let's say you have a problem of some kind and are struggling with it. You go within and seek guidance and inner calm to carry you through the storm.

Books like the Bible can alienate people from spirituality and that's too bad because spirituality is how you become a stronger person. It influences your will and helps you find reason [the Word (logos).]

When in touch with your spirit, you can withstand suffering, endure life's trials and tribulations, make decisions that will benefit instead of harm, feel a sense of optimism instead of pessimism, feel uplifted rather than depressed. It's a natural high of sorts.

It is up to the individual to find the Kingdom of God within themselves. Once they find it, it will be everywhere, all around them, and they will become cognizant of the possibilities. It is the divine spark of the great Sophia that permeates the Universe. The Blue Light. You must find that wisdom inside you.

emanresu
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Apr 2015, 9:16 am

Isn't it a bit righteously misogynist to assign a male gender to such a theoretical concept? Anyway the only true deity/goddess/god, if one (or several) exists, is the (unspecified gender) Flying Spaghetti Monster(s) or maybe the invisible teapot that definitely doesn't have any genitals; I really don't think any do and if it's the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I think the beer volcano is probably more interesting than humanity? Statically I still think aliens are more probable; but may the Sauce be with You ? (just in case).

Last edited by emanresu on 07 Apr 2015, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 9:19 am

Sophia is actually thought of as female while the God concept is traditionally masculine. Goddess is female. So, of course, if we are to call God "God" we are thinking in masculine terms.

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Apr 2015, 9:20 am

aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
aghogday wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
sophisticated wrote:

Quote:

Aghoday !

GODISNOWORD@ALL

ANDALLWORDSINALL.

Dogs have fleas.

Who is Fred ?

I rest my case.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 9:39 am

sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
aghogday wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
sophisticated wrote:

Quote:

Aghoday !

GODISNOWORD@ALL

ANDALLWORDSINALL.

Dogs have fleas.

Who is Fred ?

I rest my case.

There is no rest with GOD.

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 9:41 am

There is no rest with GOD.[/quote]
Stop feeding the monkey. Let him rest...