So when does being a 'leftist' become a crime?

Page 3 of 11 [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 5:09 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
The OP should take solace in the fact that this forum remains overwhelmingly liberal, the loudness of our libertarians and Trumpkin notwithstanding. Do we even have a social conservative now that Angela is gone?

Is the nurse no longer in the house? (ie did she leave?).

Not by choice.

I was thinking Raptor was more on the social conservative side?

Depends on who you ask. I know conservatives IRL that think I'm a shrieking liberal but here in PPR I seem to be thought of as a hard hearted and evil jackbooted conservative.
Hey, whatever gives them nightmares. :twisted:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 5:17 pm

Depends on who you're talking to and what you talking about.

I'm pro gun so bunch here call me conservative,republican etc als for immigration issues.

But to people on the right I'm left, for supporting social security, Medicaid and welfare. Or for supporting public education, government and taxes.

I'm my state you have to be democrat or republican to vote in primaries but I'm probably realisticy an independent.

Independent think for themselves. We aren't beholded to some party and have to taught the party line even if we disagree with some of their polices. I see people mostly on the left that will say they don't care about an issue yet push for it cause it's the party line and they support the party. I don't get that. It's probably why some people support dictatorships, they may not like dictatorship but they like some of the stuff it brings so they support the bad for the few good they get.

I'll keep hoping for a pro gun, anti illegal immigration, pro welfare, tax, education politician or party but it'll never happen.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 5:20 pm

sly279 wrote:
heavenlyabyss wrote:
I view respect for authority and loyalty as negative traits, not positive traits. These two traits alone explain why I am repelled by the right why I don't just disagree but actively dislike.

Being a leftist isn't a crime. Unfortunately we aren't very well represented at the moment by people in power.

Your repersentives had their chance and messed it up, people got upset and voted them out. Rather then admit they messed up they double down on messing up, which will only upset more people. I fear at this rear democrats will loose anymore seats in 2018. They should be like whoa we messed up big, we should revaluate our polices and get rid of the ones people don't want and push for ones most people want. But it doesn't seem like they will :(

The democratic party doesn't even represent the majority of liberals, that's why they lost the election. Hillary was a mistake, if only they would have went with Bernie. But yeah democrats are too busy pointing fingers at republicans like republicans are too busy pointing fingers at democrats to actually evaluate their own respective parties and make improvements to better represent the people of this country.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 5:28 pm

sly279 wrote:
marshall wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
The OP should take solace in the fact that this forum remains overwhelmingly liberal, the loudness of our libertarians and Trumpkin notwithstanding. Do we even have a social conservative now that Angela is gone?

It seems social conservatives are a dying breed on the internet. The demographic is largely over 50 years old. They aren't online as much as younger people.

Younger ones exist but hide in fear of reprisal from the left. I'm terrified to post on facebook cause I know if I do liberals will attack and threaten me.

Most of them aren't dumb enough to attack me (a REAL attack, not just an attempted hurting of the feelings) and threats only amuse me.

There are a buttload of young conservatives and I don't see the numbers shrinking. That propaganda about conservatives being old and stodgy is just that, propaganda to get the weak willed on the bandwagon of liberalism.
I really started to see the flaws of liberalism when I was 14 and had no shortage of likeminded peers at that age. I grew up in a household with two liberal parents and that's all the conservative indoctrination I needed. No surprise that my brother went conservative, too.

Quote:
I'm also afraid to post in favor of welfare and such cause people will look down on me and those few brace rightist will also say I'm a thief and lazy.

No comment :P

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 5:48 pm

sly279 wrote:
marshall wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

It seems social conservatives are a dying breed on the internet. The demographic is largely over 50 years old. They aren't online as much as younger people.

Younger ones exist but hide in fear of reprisal from the left. I'm terrified to post on facebook cause I know if I do liberals will attack and threaten me.
I'm also afraid to post in favor of welfare and such cause people will look down on me and those few brace rightist will also say I'm a thief and lazy.

I've been totally amazed at the stuff the left has been coming out with on Facebook, including members from here. I haven't come across any local lefties like that though, it seems to be all the Americans (don't bother jumping down my throat anyone, I'm not in the mood).

Also with some conservatives locally I can't tell them I'm on welfare without them being critical, even horrible.

You're a good person sly.

Sweetleaf still hasn't answered me, I don't know what I did to wind her up so much.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 7:22 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Those last three on the list of moral foundations are hilarious.So we are all traitorous, subversive sex fiends?LOL
Thanks for the laugh.

Or as Stephen Colbert described us: idol worshipping masturbators. :lol:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2016, 5:17 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I mean I realize every single problem in this country is caused by the left, even anything inappropriate a trump supporter does must be a hired Hillary supporter posing as a trump supporter. No one on the right can do any wrong, they're all righteous and true americans, un-like the good for nothing entitled liberal scum dregs ruining our 'western' values.

So what should be done with this internal 'enemy' the left?

To me this is just the other side of the coin of the "right wingnuts" being called racist, bigoted, gun toting, homophobic, misogynistic, Islamaphobic, xenophobic, religious fanatic, ignorant, scumbag deplorables, aka Trump and Trump supporters = Nazi.

I mean is there actually a victim card to be played here?

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2016, 5:32 am

sly279 wrote:
marshall wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

I define social conservatives as those people who are up-in-arms about gay marriage and the decline of "Christian values". Are you really a social conservative?

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2016, 5:35 am

Raptor wrote:
There are a buttload of young conservatives and I don't see the numbers shrinking. That propaganda about conservatives being old and stodgy is just that, propaganda to get the weak willed on the bandwagon of liberalism.
I really started to see the flaws of liberalism when I was 14 and had no shortage of likeminded peers at that age. I grew up in a household with two liberal parents and that's all the conservative indoctrination I needed. No surprise that my brother went conservative, too.

I was talking about "social conservatives" (i.e. fundamentalist Christians), not conservatives in general.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2016, 7:48 am

In Australia, we have the Liberal party in power right now, and they're a right-wing group. So I always get a laugh when I see American right-wingers using "liberal" as an insult.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Dec 2016, 8:57 am

sly279 wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

Depends how you define the term. There are several users who are opposed to abortion and quite a few who are opposed to feminism and LGBT+ rights, as well as a smattering of climate change denialists, and a good portion of those users are several of those things at once.

(Quick "mod" reminder, discussion of banned users is generally discouraged out of respect for them. Angela's ban isn't permanent fwiw)

Really ? Feels like it's more about censorship. If you talk about banned members you get banned. Taking wp further left. Reaks of PC to me. I could see having bad mouthing banned members being told to stop and edited out. But the whole you can't even say their name and have to pretend like they never existed or face possible bans bothers me.

There is no chance of a user being banned just for casually talking about a banned user. It's against the rules but unless you're attempting to start an argument then at most someone will try to steer the conversation away from it and maybe delete a few posts. I'm also not sure how you can politicise it. It's also not new, the rule has existed since at least 2008.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Dec 2016, 10:01 am

Raptor isn't hard hearted at all. He loves dogs! :D

And I'm not talking about specially home-bred pit bulls. He doesn't train killer dogs to protect his fortress. He rescues cuddly ones.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2016, 10:41 am

envirozentinel wrote:
Raptor isn't hard hearted at all. He loves dogs! :D

And I'm not talking about specially home-bred pit bulls. He doesn't train killer dogs to protect his fortress. He rescues cuddly ones.

Now if only he'd extend the same kindness to his fellow humans in need.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2016, 1:41 pm

"leftist" describes the insatiable, gollum-esque desire for other people's money ("the precious")

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2016, 1:52 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
"leftist" describes the insatiable, gollum-esque desire for other people's money ("the precious")

You're mistaken,that's the IRS.lol

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2016, 2:39 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:

I think people like you are on the wrong side of history. In the future people will look back on economic liberalism as a reactionary movement.