Secularization enables the growth of Islam.

Page 4 of 11 [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

BigK
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Aug 2010, 4:28 am

Hanotaux wrote:
Quote:
I'm beginning to think that Hanotaux is more of an attention addict who says the stupidest things on purpose than a hardcore racist. But I could be wrong.

I'm only here to annoy you.

In that case you have served your purpose.

Hanotaux wrote:
I'm wholly unconcerned about a small minority who would pursue arboreal African women.

I wonder how that fits in with the forum rules.

"How can it not know what it is?"

BigK
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Aug 2010, 5:07 am

Jacoby wrote:
Europe seems to have quite an issue with its Muslims(not that we don't), maybe the stuff I read is just exaggerated by fear . Are they more radicalized and fundamentalist or whatever over there? Despite my own prejudices about Islam(and I'll admit them. ) all the Muslims I've known here in America have actually been pretty good people and fairly liberal. They keep to themselves and don't cause a scene.

I read that in 50-100 years tho that Europe would be about 1/3rd Muslim, that's pretty crazy(and concerning)

1/3rd Then they have a lot of work to do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_the_United_Kingdom#Religion

Muslim covers a lot of very moderate people from places like Turkey, North Africa etc. I would much rather live in a country who's population was 1/3rd those people than 1/3rd your conservative Christians.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

30 Aug 2010, 5:28 am

BigK wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Europe seems to have quite an issue with its Muslims(not that we don't), maybe the stuff I read is just exaggerated by fear . Are they more radicalized and fundamentalist or whatever over there? Despite my own prejudices about Islam(and I'll admit them. ) all the Muslims I've known here in America have actually been pretty good people and fairly liberal. They keep to themselves and don't cause a scene.

I read that in 50-100 years tho that Europe would be about 1/3rd Muslim, that's pretty crazy(and concerning)

Muslim covers a lot of very moderate people from places like Turkey, North Africa etc. I would much rather live in a country who's population was 1/3rd those people than 1/3rd your conservative Christians.

Well it's your right to feel that way about conservative Christians altho I think would be kind of hypocritical to then criticize people who feel the same about Muslims.

BigK
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Aug 2010, 5:53 am

Jacoby wrote:
BigK wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Well it's your right to feel that way about conservative Christians altho I think would be kind of hypocritical to then criticize people who feel the same about Muslims.

Though I didn't just say 'Christians' the way that many say 'Muslims'.

I wouldn't want to live in Saudi Arabia for example.

I am quite happy to continue to criticise people who spread their hate against Muslims in general based on (often incorrect) observations of a small number ultra conservatives or fundamentalists.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

30 Aug 2010, 6:04 am

Is it racist to say you don't want conservative muslims(ones that believe apostasy or criticizing their religion is punishable by death) in your country?

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 6:21 am

Abu_Zarqawi wrote:
Also, just to make it simple; 95% of muslims in Europe pose no threat to security at all. As in, litterary none.

So, 19 out of 20 are sane and rational. However 1 out of 20 have a serious tick on their shoulder?

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 8:13 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Abu_Zarqawi wrote:
Also, just to make it simple; 95% of muslims in Europe pose no threat to security at all. As in, litterary none.

So, 19 out of 20 are sane and rational. However 1 out of 20 have a serious tick on their shoulder?

Well, about one in 100 Americans is incarcerated, so we know that some substantial number - about 3 million Americans - have some sort of chip on their shoulder. The actual means in which they are a threat to the public varies from serial killers, rapists, drunk drivers(substance abusers) all the way down to thieves and muggers. A good deal of those that are not violent criminals, but even they pose threats to the general public welfare in the form of theft, fraud, arson and other indirect crimes(or they wouldnt be in jail). But still, theft is definitely a chip on the shoulder, and quite capable of causing untold misery to people.

Its harder to pin down how many are free and and have criminal records though, and of course, only some of these would be a recurring threat to the public. But someone can reoffend so we have to count those. And of course, there is a sizable population that has committed crimes and got away with it. Lots of fraudsters, date rapists and assaults.

So we can probably safely say that twice as many people have prior records or past deeds which place them as a threat to public safety. So thats 2 out of 100 Americans.

Next we have to consider the criminals in waiting. A certain portion of the population will commit violent crimes in the future. I wont be so bold as to say crime is going up, so lets say its not going down either. That means potential criminals equal existing populations, but that a big portion of those are repeat offenders. Its a mess to figure out, so lets just say that the crime rates remain the same.

Another 1/100 then. Once you add this to the incarcerated adults plus previously sentenced people, you get a rough total of 1/25 Americans.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 11:57 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:

What effort? Quoting a one time statistic which will be invalid in a matter of years. Yeah, I suppose that takes a lot of effort.

Since you've quoted no statistics, I'm still more firmly attached to the real world than you are. Aside, good ol iamnotaparkeet, what on earth makes you think that after a population boom followed by the normal birthrate reduction that occurs along with recent industrialization (and widdening access to family planning) that somehow Muslims will start reproducing in record numbers again?

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 12:17 pm

A more detailed breakdown of current Muslim statistics for Europe:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion ... aphics.asp

Below I fixed your original post, by the way.

Quote:
While demagogues and rank-and-file xenophobes keep yearning for an Islamic dystopia with blind intolerance and cultural chauvanism to justify their own intolerance and bigotry, they thereby blind themselves from the actual world around them. For as much as European nations are growing due to immigration, the nations of the middle-east are still suffering from falling birthrates. Although many of the immigrants from such countries may not share in the extreme ideologies such as those held by governmental leaders or militia leaders, a small amount of andrenline fueled male adolescent descendants of such people probably will eventually lean backwards to terrorism like home-born seventh generation European counterparts may lean towards gangs. Most will adopt the "infidel" culture of those around them. And their populations will stagnate and become especially less devout since the command to "be fruitful and multiply" is in contradiction with the iron-clad economic realities. As white Europeans are increasing their population via an uptick in birthrates, planned parenthood, abortions, and the rest are now spreading to even the most Islamic of nations. With how much Islam is hated, the Christian bigots of the world have blindsided themselves for the most part and eventually the nations of Europe will no longer be declining, but rather growing in native population.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 12:35 pm

BigK wrote:
Hanotaux wrote:
Quote:
I'm beginning to think that Hanotaux is more of an attention addict who says the stupidest things on purpose than a hardcore racist. But I could be wrong.

I'm only here to annoy you.

In that case you have served your purpose.

+1

It's great to see that Hanotaux has admitted that she is a troll hell-bent on destroying reasonable discussions (not that this thread is at all a resonable discussion - it's polarized between fact-blind demagogues who keep spewing the "Eurabia" nonsense and other people who actually know the real demographic trends) and therefore shouldn't be taken seriously at all.

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 2:13 pm

Figuratively,

Dear UK,
Installing my own law system here for civil disputes, ok? Actually a few of us will also campaign for full Sharia law, and if anyone complains, guess what? They're racist and don't understand multiculturalism.
نشكركم على حسن تعاونكم معنا
Mr Orthodox British Muslim

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/commen ... 749183.ece
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7234870.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7232661.stm
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ourts.html

BigK
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Aug 2010, 2:39 pm

Asmodeus wrote:
Figuratively,

Dear UK,
Installing my own law system here for civil disputes, ok? Actually a few of us will also campaign for full Sharia law, and if anyone complains, guess what? They're racist and don't understand multiculturalism.

Sure, people can campaign for full Sharia law. Maybe we'll have stonings live on pay-per-view.

It might just lower the crime rate..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/aug/19/saudi-arabia-judge-paralyse-convict

Abu_Zarqawi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Aug 2010, 3:21 pm

Asmodeus wrote:
Figuratively,

Dear UK,

I think the arch-bishop might have a point. Give them a little something to make them feel that their culture is legitimate and that their way of life is respected. Strictly in financial and civil matters of course, and issue involving any kind of violence has to be settled in a public court.

The slippery slope is really the only argument I can see anyone opposing this making.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 5:15 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
(and widdening access to family planning) that somehow Muslims will start reproducing in record numbers again?

Because such family planning is against their religion. Abortion is evil in their eyes, much like it is with Catholics. However Catholics today tend to be more liberal and accepting. So far as I know the Inquisition of the Spaniards died a while ago, so it is not as if such things are enforced. There may be more liberal Muslims who don't care about the Koran as much, but the ones which do are the ones which will adhere to it more: those would be the ones who subscribe to the death penalty for any Muslims who convert to being 'infidels' and they'd be the ones who would be more apt to become "shahids" (that is, their form of Martyr whereby they die in order to give glory while they take out as many infidels as possible along with them) and these would be more likely to follow the rules regarding the laws of being fruitful, multiplying, filling the Earth.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 9:24 pm

Honestly, I am more worried about those anti-science, anti-truth, socially stagnant, and dogmatically totalitarian Christians. There are so many more of them, and they already hold great political power. Also, they are in favor of large families, and opposed to birth control methods such as birth control, and their dogmas are so strong that they tend to be resistant to any attempts to educate them or deprogram them. Because of this, I think we need to stop worrying about Muslims, and instead impose a totalitarian state to cure these people with high speed pieces of lead. :P

(Note: I am totally joking.)

Look, here's my stance: We don't think the way I expressed earlier about Christians, even though many of them are as corrupt as the Muslims. Why then pick out Islam as the faith to attack so viciously? If we have such faith that conservative Christianity and theonomy are not going to be threats to civilization, then why hold to Islam with such horrible fear? My belief on the matter is that so long as we don't have people trying to demonize Muslims on every corner, then we will eventually change their minds. When what a person knows and recognizes as basic to reality seems to conflict their text, then the text backs down. Maybe not instantly, but I think it must happen over time.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 9:29 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
The problem with a secular society is that it presumes that logic and science can answer all questions, but it cannot.

Religion addresses a real need of humanity. Perhaps if science was more "open minded" to include the paranormal (things that will be provable if we only had instruments that could measure them), science could explore the questions of life, the universe and everything.

Absent such inclusiveness, religion is always sought to fill the void that secularism cannot fill. When Islamic states embrace secularism, in a generation they find that deeper issues go unfulfilled by a secular society and this give Islam a place to evangelize as never before...with many hungry for answers secular society isn't providing.

No, a secular society presumes that religious answers cannot be public answers because they cannot be arrived at through objective or even sufficiently intersubjective phenomena.

I don't know what you mean by "open-minded", but the issue is that the same claim could perhaps be made by a UFOlogist, and so I distrust this "openness".

The issue isn't just answers but good answers. People will create their own answers if the only other solution is to embrace things that they know/feel deep down to be false. Some people may be so desperate as to accept anything, but a lot will not demonize those they love for the packaged answers of a text. They would rather become "spiritual".