Page 4 of 19 [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 5:14 pm

To answer your question though, I don't think mixed race marriages should be actively promoted. I think people shouldn't even think about whether a marriage is mixed or not, ideally. As a child, I never gave much thought to it to be honest. That's how it should be.

Xenocentrism isn't the cure to xenophobia, race blindness is.

I don't think mixed race people are necessarily more attractive either. I don't find Hispanics more attractive than say, eastern Europeans on average.

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 5:17 pm

Another thing too, what is a 'mixed race' person? 200 years ago, I'd be consider multiracial because I am 1/2 Irish and 1/2 English. I know a beautiful girl who is 1/2 English and 1/2 Italian. Is she mixed race? Most people would say no and that English people and Italians are both part of the European/'white' race but you wouldn't have to go far back in time to encounter a different prevailing opinion. What about an Ashkenazi Jew? Or a Central Asian? Are they mixed race?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 8:57 pm

isn't "she" beautiful? this was a computer-morphed pic of several different races combined into one stunning face. :o
the mixed race future is GORGEOUS!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 10:08 pm

Agreed!

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

enrico_dandolo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 10:38 pm

auntblabby wrote:
isn't "she" beautiful? this was a computer-morphed pic of several different races combined into one stunning face. :o
the mixed race future is GORGEOUS!

Mixing faces always creates a nice image. This has nothing to do with "mixed races", just an ideal of beauty whose name I have forgotten, but which means that basically, the average face always looks more attractive.

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 10:47 pm

enrico_dandolo wrote:
Mixing faces always creates a nice image. This has nothing to do with "mixed races", just an ideal of beauty whose name I have forgotten, but which means that basically, the average face always looks more attractive.

Symmetry is one of the things that looks good on a face. An averaged face would be symmetrical, since anything unsymmetrical would get averaged out.

DC
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 12:05 am

HisDivineMajesty wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
Other than the IQ population studies we've discussed in the past, do you have any sources? Also, schizophrenia is partly caused by environmental factors. It's much higher in poor whites than it is in more wealthy ones, for example.

Schizophrenia, in Moroccans, is several times higher than in any other ethnic group. Picture the rate of schizophrenia steadily going up as wealth goes down, and picture a sudden spike four to six times as high for Moroccans in general regardless of income. Moroccans and Turks also form 80% of officially mentally-retarded children in Amsterdam, despite constituting only approximately 15% of the total population. There are even suggestions that the actual number, due to their families sending them back to their countries of origin and due to hiding them from authorities or not acknowledging mental handicaps, could be even higher. Of all criminal youths, which is 65% of Moroccan men between the ages of 12 and 22, 'at least half' were at least slightly mentally ret*d following Marigo Teeuwen of the University of Amsterdam. If both figures are correct, that would amount to at least 32.5% of Moroccan men being at least slightly mentally ret*d.

puddingmouse wrote:
The only solution to the problems caused by inbreeding is erm, outbreeding? Surely it's better for someone who comes from an ethnic group prone to a certain medical problem to have a baby with someone from another group not prone to it, than to choose someone related to them and have a much higher chance of having offspring with the problem.

Or you could take the easy route, the one I'd pick with dogs and cattle, just let them go, and breed on with the majority of the total population not affected by these severe medical conditions. You can start outbreeding, but for the first - at least - two or three generations, you'll simply have people with a significantly-elevated risk where you could have had people with a normal risk. Is racial mixing really worth three generations with much larger numbers of ret*d, schizophrenic and paralysed children? That's a lot of human suffering just because some people don't like the idea of black and white people existing.

And there isn't actually a problem with inbreeding in most of the world. In Europeans, inbreeding is rare. In Asians, inbreeding is rare. Even in the most remote African tribes, inbreeding is rare. There is absolutely no reason to endorse this from the 'stopping inbreeding' point of view. If mixed-race breeding was endorsed or encouraged, it would be purely political and social.

puddingmouse wrote:
I'm no expert, but I think your sources are suspect, if you're not just making up your own theories about genetics. I'll admit that's what I'm doing.

These sources are often hard to get by, because it's a heavy political taboo. Marriages between cousins were actually kept legal to suit the Moroccan and Turkish part of the population.

You shouldn't automatically assume that Moroccans as a group are genetically inferior, you mention in your post cousin marriage, the cultural act of encouraging first cousin marriages is always going to cause an increase in genetic problems, if you take that same person and have them procreate with someone who isn't related to them so closely the genetic issues will not arise.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 9:58 am

donnie_darko wrote:
Another thing too, what is a 'mixed race' person? 200 years ago, I'd be consider multiracial because I am 1/2 Irish and 1/2 English. I know a beautiful girl who is 1/2 English and 1/2 Italian. Is she mixed race? Most people would say no and that English people and Italians are both part of the European/'white' race but you wouldn't have to go far back in time to encounter a different prevailing opinion. What about an Ashkenazi Jew? Or a Central Asian? Are they mixed race?

The victorians used the word "race" much the way we use the terms "ethnic group", or "nationality".

There were federal lawbooks with quotas for allowing immigrants into america - and they listed each nationality of Europe as a seperate "race". They even listed Northern Italians, and Southern Italians, as seperate "races". And I recall hearing a citizen of one of the conquered states being quoted in the Ken Burns Civil War film talking about the "hatred we have for the Yankee race"- a white southern USA person speaking of northern white American people as a seperate "race".

It all sounds a bit comical today.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 1:59 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV1Gf3uTwMo&feature=fvwrel[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 2:07 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV1Gf3uTwMo&feature=fvwrel[/youtube]

Diversity can be novelty. Unfortunately, people feel threatened if that diversity becomes too common.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 2:09 pm

All you need is love. Let's promote love.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 4:01 pm

unduki wrote:

This.

enrico_dandolo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 6:37 pm

Ancalagon wrote:
enrico_dandolo wrote:

Symmetry is one of the things that looks good on a face. An averaged face would be symmetrical, since anything unsymmetrical would get averaged out.

It is very far away in my memory, but I seem to remember that it was not only about symetry, but also about average features.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 8:06 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
unduki wrote:

This.

Should be the government be promoting love?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 8:53 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
unduki wrote:

This.

The government does give tax incentives for having a spouse, and tax breaks for having dependent children. Nobody complains about it. So why not continue in that policy?

Also the op didnt specify the government. Just anyone making it a cause celeb out of encouraging mixed marriages.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 8:57 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
unduki wrote:

This.

So long as it does not involve bumsecks