Page 4 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2024, 11:43 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Israel should be sanctioned just like Russia at the very least and our failure to do so shows a willingness to apply double-standards. Ultimately, the west is humiliating itself and displaying extreme hypocrisy. We have no moral high ground as long as we make excuses for genocide.

And what about Israel being forced to watch their citizens kept as hostages being paraded on television and the humiliation of not being able to act because of sanctions?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2024, 11:43 pm

How is Israel’s ongoing behavior not hostile? :scratch:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2024, 11:44 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:

This is the current Israeli government's policy that "attack is the best form of defence" in retaliation to Oct 7.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2024, 11:46 pm

The attack did not occur in a vacuum. Israel has been behaving like a bully for decades.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2024, 11:48 pm

cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Israel should be sanctioned just like Russia at the very least and our failure to do so shows a willingness to apply double-standards. Ultimately, the west is humiliating itself and displaying extreme hypocrisy. We have no moral high ground as long as we make excuses for genocide.

And what about Israel being forced to watch their citizens kept as hostages being paraded on television and the humiliation of not being able to act because of sanctions?

If Israel's intended response is a campaign of genocide they shouldn't be able to act on those desires regardless. At no point have any Palestinian group's actions amounted to a justification for genocide against the Palestinian people as a whole.

You're literally sympathizing with a nation that's engaging in genocide but butthurt to have your support identified for what it is. Sorry, but I'm not going to mince words on this issue. Israel is engaging in ethnic cleansing and you're serving as an apologist for their actions.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2024, 11:49 pm

cyberdad wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

This is the current Israeli government's policy that "attack is the best form of defence" in retaliation to Oct 7.

Ah yes, let's pretend history started on October 7th and that Israeli actions and policies aren't the reason why they're facing resistance. :roll:

Just more hasbara BS.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2024, 11:53 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
You're literally sympathizing with a nation that's engaging in genocide but butthurt to have your support identified for what it is. Sorry, but I'm not going to mince words on this issue. Israel is engaging in ethnic cleansing and you're serving as an apologist for their actions.

I legitimately am confused, if Israel's policy was genocide then they have done an awful job
https://www.worldometers.info/world-pop ... opulation/

Check the graph, population of Palestine has exponentially increased since the creation of the Israeli state

I call BS on genocide

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2024, 12:02 am

It’s unlikely that they would’ve gotten away with leveling the place in the past. They wouldn’t have kept the US’s support. They’ve still treated them like s**t through forced migration, making the place an open air prison, limiting their access to resources, imprisoning people, including children, for minor offenses, and targeting civilians, the media, and infrastructure during conflicts now and in the past.

Needs serious updating:

Major déjà vu.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 28 Jan 2024, 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2024, 12:08 am

cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I legitimately am confused, if Israel's policy was genocide then they have done an awful job
https://www.worldometers.info/world-pop ... opulation/

Check the graph, population of Palestine has exponentially increased since the creation of the Israeli state

I call BS on genocide

This is a tired and long debunked talking point.

The fact that they're not very effective at it is not proof that they're not engaging in it, it's just an excuse used by the pro-genocide crowd.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2024, 12:18 am

^^^ That's my point. I don't dispute there's nutjobs among the Istaelis who want to eradicate the Palestinian population but if that was official policy they have done a poor effort, Look at genocide elsewhere
Burma
Sri Lanka
Rwanda
Germany
China
= minorities population reduced

I call BS for Palestine

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2024, 12:20 am

Were any of those places at serious risk of losing Western support and huge amounts of funding in the same way that Israel would? Israel receives a lot currently and historically. It couldn’t survive without it.

The situation is not at all comparable.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 28 Jan 2024, 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2024, 12:24 am

cyberdad wrote:
^^^ That's my point. I don't dispute there's nutjobs among the Istaelis who want to eradicate the Palestinian population but if that was official policy they have done a poor effort, Look at genocide elsewhere
Burma
Sri Lanka
Rwanda
Germany
China

I call BS for Palestine

It's not genocide because they're not killing them fast enough isn't the compelling argument you might have imagined it to be but it does help illustrate that you believe excuses for genocide can be made.

“No people anywhere in the world would accept being expelled en masse from their own country; how can anyone require the people of Palestine to accept a punishment which nobody else would tolerate?” - Bertrand Russell

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2024, 12:42 am

funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Burma
Sri Lanka
Rwanda
Germany
China

I call BS for Palestine

It's not genocide because they're not killing them fast enough isn't the compelling argument you might have imagined it to be but it does help illustrate that you believe excuses for genocide can be made.

I do not condone the killing of innocent Palestinian civilians. Israelis need to live with the deaths of so many women and children. This is something they must provide reparations to the Palestinian community.

But...after they remove the cancer that is HAMAS.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2024, 12:44 am

cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Burma
Sri Lanka
Rwanda
Germany
China

I call BS for Palestine

I do not condone the killing of innocent Palestinian civilians. Israelis need to live with the deaths of so many women and children. This is something they must provide reparations to the Palestinian community.

But...after they remove the cancer that is HAMAS.

Yes, doing that thing that helps Hamas recruit is the key to destroying Hamas. :roll:

As long as Israel occupies Palestinian territory and treats Palestinians worse than stray dogs Hamas will exist and Israel's actions will continue be the reason for it's existence.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2024, 4:25 am

funeralxempire wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
I voted for him. :cry:

It's still better than voting for the other guy. :lol:

Biden’s Mideast foreign policy was worse than Trump’s: He literally unleashed the full power of Persian Manticore.

- Biden released access to billions of $ for Iran.
- Lifted oil sanctions.
- White-listed the Houthis.
- Destroying relationship with Saudi Arabia and other Gulf Arabs; then later he tried to fix it but failed.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/iran-hamas ... a-adbace0b

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2024, 11:42 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
[
As long as Israel occupies Palestinian territory and treats Palestinians worse than stray dogs Hamas will exist and Israel's actions will continue be the reason for it's existence.

Which is strange because Israel believes it “disengaged” from Gaza in 2005 when it completely withdrew its military and civilians from the area. So how is the Oct 7 attack about occupation?.