Secularization enables the growth of Islam.

Page 5 of 11 [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 9:35 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
(and widdening access to family planning) that somehow Muslims will start reproducing in record numbers again?

Because such family planning is against their religion. Abortion is evil in their eyes, much like it is with Catholics. However Catholics today tend to be more liberal and accepting. So far as I know the Inquisition of the Spaniards died a while ago, so it is not as if such things are enforced. There may be more liberal Muslims who don't care about the Koran as much, but the ones which do are the ones which will adhere to it more: those would be the ones who subscribe to the death penalty for any Muslims who convert to being 'infidels' and they'd be the ones who would be more apt to become "shahids" (that is, their form of Martyr whereby they die in order to give glory while they take out as many infidels as possible along with them) and these would be more likely to follow the rules regarding the laws of being fruitful, multiplying, filling the Earth.

Many immigrants to the West from Muslim countries would tend to be more liberal and professional class. And, despite anti-abortion attitudes among the faithful, 29 abortions occur in Pakistan per 1000 births (and abortions are illegal in that country).

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/30301.php

RedHanrahan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 4:09 am

Wow what a waste of my time reading the last five pages of posts....

non-fears and non-arguments complete with offensive and denigrating comments...

Neo cons of the world unite, between you may have a complete brain to donate to research or pet food or something...

What vision is left? And is anyone asking?

Have a great day!

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 6:44 am

RedHanrahan wrote:
Wow what a waste of my time reading the last five pages of posts....

non-fears and non-arguments complete with offensive and denigrating comments...

Neo cons of the world unite, between you may have a complete brain to donate to research or pet food or something...
Shut up. Don't respond to any more of my posts with your insults again.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 12:50 pm

What utter rubbish.

The suggestion that secularization leaves some kind of, "God-vacuum" that other religions are going to rush to fill is nonsense. Secularization is precisely that. No religion is going to exercise the level of political control once held by Christianity in Europe.

Interesting, though, how the last ten years have given the IRA, the Basques, the Branch Dravidians and their ilk a free pass.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 12:56 pm

visagrunt wrote:
What utter rubbish.

The suggestion that secularization leaves some kind of, "God-vacuum" that other religions are going to rush to fill is nonsense. Secularization is precisely that. No religion is going to exercise the level of political control once held by Christianity in Europe.

Interesting, though, how the last ten years have given the IRA, the Basques, the Branch Dravidians and their ilk a free pass.

I find one of the most striking facts is how the "Eurabia" dystopia fantasy has been debunked multiple times yet Christian reactionaries won't let it go.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 12:57 pm

visagrunt wrote:
What utter rubbish.

I said nothing about a "God-vacuum". Rather, what I am saying is that in the act of such nations becoming secular, particularly regarding the teaching of cultural relativism, that it has blind sided Europeans (and all else who think that culture determines what is morally acceptable).

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 1:00 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
visagrunt wrote:
What utter rubbish.

I said nothing about a "God-vacuum". Rather, what I am saying is that in the act of such nations becoming secular, particularly regarding the teaching of cultural relativism, that it has blind sided Europeans (and all else who think that culture determines what is morally acceptable).

Yet you and other "Eurabia" true believers have been pretty much blinded from accepting actual demographic data.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 4:50 pm

visagrunt wrote:
What utter rubbish.

I agree.

Secularization isnt even the motive force guarding against supernaturalism: the process starts before that. Halloween for instance became 'fun' long before it lost its religious overtones. Religion becomes trivialized long before it secularizes. Christmas rings a bell as well, as does the catholic lent. Some perfectly devout Catholics dont abstain from meat for the forty days of lent. Some dont even abstain on Good Friday. Just like many modern Islamics are letting Ramadan slide, drinking booze and not bothering with prayer five times a day.

Religion loses its meaning long before people lose the religion. Decades before.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 4:51 pm

Europe hasn't been in any real danger of becoming an Islamic dominion since the battle of Poitiers. Cultural indifference to the Christian god does not de facto make people turn to the Muslim one.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 4:59 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
visagrunt wrote:
What utter rubbish.

What does that have to do with the spread of Islam?

Okay- what you seem to be saying is !a) too many muslims are moving to Europe, and that (B) They have such a high birth rate (both at home and in their new countries) that natural births will buttress this immigration influx, and that (c) each and every muslim is an automaton who will never succumb to any kind of assimilation (either to christianity nor to secularism), and further that each an every European muslim is a dyed in the wool jihadist. And that this will result in these muslims becoming so numerous united and fanatic that they will be able to vote all of Europe into Sharia Law within our lifetime. And its all the fault of cultural relativism.

Oh yes- and they will never reduce their birth rates either (even though they already are dropping in birth rate both at home and in host countries).

Whether any part of that scenario will come to true I think the fault is not C R but economics ( ie the need for cheap labor).

Somebodys gotta do the scut work in Europe.
We hire the hispanics from our hemisphere, The Europeans hire the muslims from North Africa and the mideast.

The first wave of non-Protestants to invade the USA were the Catholic Irish, and Americans were hysterical that the then small young USA would be become a puppet state of the Vatican. But weve survived not only the Irish immagration, but the later influx of other Catholic groups in huge numbers such as the Italians, Czechs, Poles, and now Hispanics, and have even weathered the storm of having a Catholic president (JFK). Were still a Protestant country.So I think Europe may survive.

I suppose what your implying is that economics brought the muslims to Europe but it is cultural relativism that stops Europeans from dealing with these muslims.

Since you cant expect Europe to ruin its economy by banning all immigration from it Southern Islamic nieghbors what do you suggest?
Forcing each migrant to convert to christianity at sword point before they enter the European Union? Bring back the Inquisition?

Further- if all muslims really are fanatical terrorists how did they get that way?
Because muslims in thier homelands feel beleagured by the Western World because the West is militarily and economically stronger than the muslim world.

Vertually every corner of the moslem world was colonized by Western European powers or by Czarist Russia in the 19th and 20th centuries, with soviet Russia attempting to conquer Afganistan in the 80's, and the USA throwing its wieght around the entire muslim world ( sometimes covertly sometimes overtly) for the entire length of the Cold War and the campain only intensified after the cold war to the present.

How many christian nations are currently under military occupation by muslim armies?

So the question is which is more of a threat? Having infidels migrate to your country, or having infidels put your country under military occupation?

I'm not sure.

Bin Ladin also got feed up with the "cultural relativism" of his pampered Saudi relatives when he decided to do what was "morally right" when the Infidel armies refused to leave nieghboring Kuwait (so close to Mecca).

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 5:25 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
visagrunt wrote:
What utter rubbish.

Yet you and other "Eurabia" true believers have been pretty much blinded from accepting actual demographic data.

Enough already, what is your link? I will go through and analyze the darn statistic that you keep spouting, if you don't mind providing it again, please?

Hanotaux
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Sep 2010, 11:38 pm

I was being sarcastic about 'annoying you.'........... jeez.

I'm sorry to break up the big liberal circle-jerk.

Hanotaux
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Sep 2010, 11:39 pm

dup post

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2010, 5:17 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
visagrunt wrote:
What utter rubbish.

Enough already, what is your link? I will go through and analyze the darn statistic that you keep spouting, if you don't mind providing it again, please?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion ... aphics.asp

http://tkcollier.wordpress.com/2009/05/ ... worldwide/

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2010, 5:35 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
visagrunt wrote:
What utter rubbish.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion ... aphics.asp

http://tkcollier.wordpress.com/2009/05/ ... worldwide/

It appears that your 4.5% is your own averaging of the vaguely qualified statistic for Belgium as provided on the first link.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2010, 5:49 pm

Oh, and lets have some of the other statistics from the reliable website you posted, http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion ... aphics.asp

Quote:
The French government doesn't collect statistics by religion, so it is impossible to say what the precise fertility rates among different religious groups in France are.

But no country on earth has such a high fertility rate, and in Algeria and Morocco, the two nations which send the largest numbers of Muslim immigrants to France, the fertility rate is 2.38, according to the UN's 2008 figures.

Quote:
The 2001 UK census tallied about 1.6 million Muslims in England... 2008 estimates put the figure at only about 2 million

Quote:
Muslims comprised about 5.8% of the population of the Netherlands.

Quote:
Muslims are the second-largest religious group in Belgium, but they still only account for about 4%-5% of the population.

Quote:
The 52 million figure is a reasonable estimate for the number of Muslims in Europe.