Page 2 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2009, 10:13 pm

The point is not to have a hangover at the end of the world, its to be drunk at the end of the world. The idea is if that if we're all going to burn in the fires of a thousand hells, you might as well try to numb your mind beforehand.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2009, 10:32 pm

what'd be the point of that? You'd be all trippy when it comes anyways! =P If it does, that is.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 12:29 am

I'll have to ponder how to profit from everybody waking up on 12/22/12 and realizing that the world isn't going to end.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 1:28 am

John_Browning wrote:
I'll have to ponder how to profit from everybody waking up on 12/22/12 and realizing that the world isn't going to end.

Which reminds me... when exactly is it supposed to happen? For some reason I've got December 20th, 2012. Tis a pattern, see? 12/20/2012. But come to think of it, it might be the 21st...

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 6:07 am

John_Browning wrote:

If you can find people who really believe the world will end at a specific date they probably would be anxious to sell their valuable holdings for a pittance since any money coming in would encourage them to enjoy whatever time is left with whatever funds they can quickly lay their hands on. They should be a pushover for sales at a loss. (Unless pangs of conscience prevent you from scamming gullible people.)

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 7:09 am

Roxas_XIII wrote:
A load of horses**t. There is only one being who can decide when and how the world ends, and the Mayans certainly did not believe in Him.

*Henriksson's irony meter explodes*

Oh dear.

scorpileo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 7:21 am

:D..... any way there seems to be many things predicted on that day.. should be fun

monty
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 8:20 am

phil777 wrote:
End of the world hangover huh? Why not sacrifice a goat or something while you'll be at it like the Mayans did? ^^;

Goats originated in Eurasia and didn't make it to Mayaland until the Conquistadors arrived ... but thanks for playing! 8)

DavidK
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jun 2009, 10:25 am

Matthew 24:36 wrote:
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

It's no more likely to be 21/12/12 than it is to be tomorrow, or 50 years from now.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 12:44 pm

strangeworld15 wrote:

However, if you think otherwise, please comment your opinion's on the 2012 doomsday perdiction's.

Utter and complete balderdash and tommyrot. Calendars are artifacts and do not control the destiny of the physical cosmos.

ruveyn

Solei
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jun 2009, 2:18 pm

I highly doubt it's going to happen. 12/21/2012 is just the day that the Mayan Long Count calendar ends, but there's nothing in the remaining scripts that say anything about it. We don't really have a prophecy because the Spanish burned most of the texts, leaving only 3. All we have is that date, and because of the accuracy of Mayan's predictions concerning astronomy, there have been assumptions that there is nothing more after that day, and the world is going to end. However, all of that is just speculation, and there's not a lot of evidence or signs supporting this.

However, it will be interesting to watch what the world does on this day.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 3:37 pm

Well Monty, if they want, they can always make human sacrifices, but if they're throwing a party, killing a goat and then eating it would be a tad more humane, no? ^^;

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 8:39 pm

I once ate some goat at a cajun BBQ. I thought it was pretty good until I got all freaked out because I found something I thought was a goat hair. Turns out it was one of the bristles off of the basting brush.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 9:03 pm

Bwhahaha :p Besides, hair is protein is it not? <.<

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 9:06 pm

Quote:
Bwhahaha :p Besides, hair is protein is it not? <.<
I dunno...just keep it off my peice of goat.

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 1:08 am

Sand wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

If you can find people who really believe the world will end at a specific date they probably would be anxious to sell their valuable holdings for a pittance since any money coming in would encourage them to enjoy whatever time is left with whatever funds they can quickly lay their hands on. They should be a pushover for sales at a loss. (Unless pangs of conscience prevent you from scamming gullible people.)

An other way would be lending such people money with very high interest, repayable at Monday. 02 Jan. 2013.