Page 3 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2009, 2:34 am

I have no problem with how other people choose to live their lives, but when they start pushing it upon others and silencing those who peacefully disagree, then there is a problem...
I believe they should have civil unions and equal benefits in regards to health and insurance, but forcing their beliefs upon those who disagree and silencing them when they voice their discontent is wrong.I have no problem with queers, I have a problem with censorship such as per described in the link.
http://www.stephenboissoin.com/

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2009, 6:00 am

Poke wrote:
It all goes back to the fact that hunger and sexual desire are fundamental human urges.

Damn, I must lack a 'fundamental human urge'. :roll:

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2009, 8:48 am

Tory_canuck wrote:
I have no problem with how other people choose to live their lives, but when they start pushing it upon others and silencing those who peacefully disagree, then there is a problem...
I believe they should have civil unions and equal benefits in regards to health and insurance, but forcing their beliefs upon those who disagree and silencing them when they voice their discontent is wrong.I have no problem with queers, I have a problem with censorship such as per described in the link.

That man is a hateful bigot. Sure, he attempts to deflect such criticism with the obligatory disclaimer (as even the KKK does) but that doesn't make him any less of a bigot.

That said, I'm still not in favor of censoring him. I'd rather everyone just ignored such obvious idiocy.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2009, 5:20 am

Tory_canuck wrote:

Pushing WHAT, that they would like to live their lives like the rest of society and have their relationships given the same amount of respect. For f***s sake you would think that they are demanding all adolescent children have a homosexual experience before they settle upon heterosexuality. How is pleading to have the same rights and respect as the the rest of society "pushing it upon others"

As for Stephen Boissoin, as much as I defend his freedom of speech, what a complete and utter as*hole ! !! !! !!

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

vadergirl
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Aug 2009, 9:46 pm

as a lesbian i can say that some people like perez hilton push the agenda over the edge and give the religious right more ammunition against us. however, the main mistake is that homosexual=pedophile, which is wrong. i'd kill myself before touching a child! anyways, i think educating people is key. some people don't understand that being gay is not a trend or evil. the main reason many religions condemn it is because it is not pro-creative. for example, the catholic church says any kind of sex 'not open to life' and within marriage is a sin. so it is not because it's some great evil thing, it's just because it doesn't result in babies.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2009, 9:49 pm

vadergirl wrote:
as a lesbian i can say that some people like perez hilton push the agenda over the edge and give the religious right more ammunition against us.

That's entirely why he's on air so much.

If you had a reasonable, sane gay man being displayed as much and being put into the center stage as much, you'd just hurt the agenda.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2009, 1:26 am

Orwell wrote:
Tory_canuck wrote:

That man is a hateful bigot. Sure, he attempts to deflect such criticism with the obligatory disclaimer (as even the KKK does) but that doesn't make him any less of a bigot.

That said, I'm still not in favor of censoring him. I'd rather everyone just ignored such obvious idiocy.

Thats the way it should be, but at the moment, as it stands,he is being dragged to these "human rights commissions" and is being forced to pay substantial amounts of money to someone who isn't even homosexual, but complained to the commission and who will be getting that money because he was offended as a third party on behalf of gays.At these tribunals, truth is not a defence, and the accused is not guarenteed to see the evidence against them, whereby in regular court, they would have that opportunity at examination for discovery and where truth is a defence.The Human rights commissions do not abide by the rule of law in regards to evidence and assumption of innocence before a verdict.They are biased and have no objectivity.

There is no proof that Boissons letter incited persons to commit acts of violence against queers yet the HRC went on the basis of a balance of probabilities that it did instead of proving beyond a reasonable doubt that it did as per mens rea (intent) and acteus reus (the act itself).The HRC assumed on a balance of probabilities that the letter incited violence, however, the content does not state go attack queers.If this were to be tried in a real court where the rule of law is upheld, Boisson would have been found not guilty.

The way the human rights commission is doing this, they are not helping any of the groups they claim to be helping.They are instead doing the opposite as a result of backlash as per their abuse toward due process are being exposed daily.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

mikecartwright
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Aug 2009, 6:28 pm

I think Male Homosexuality is wrong I don't mind Lesbians.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2009, 7:24 pm

mikecartwright wrote:
I don't think Male Homosexuality is wrong and I don't mind Lesbians.

Fixed. :wink:

IdahoAspie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 2:18 am

It is all about fear, insecurity, and the need to feel superior morally, mentally, and physicially.

Sex in general is an area of insecurity for men. Men need to feel higher than others. Men are insecure, they feel their masculinity is threatened if they are attracted to another man, so they take it out on other men who have the same urges. A man who desires a man to pleasure him is considered weak like a woman.

It is also a way to define themselves as superior to others morally, for example, they say they things they don't like are immoral, they things they do like, is moral. It i double standarded too, for example, the man can have as many wives as he wants, the woman only one.

Gay men are also thought of as weak mentally, not man enough, and physicially, want to be overpowered by another man.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 6:16 am

IdahoAspie wrote:
It is all about fear, insecurity, and the need to feel superior morally, mentally, and physicially.

Sex in general is an area of insecurity for men. Men need to feel higher than others. Men are insecure, they feel their masculinity is threatened if they are attracted to another man, so they take it out on other men who have the same urges. A man who desires a man to pleasure him is considered weak like a woman.

It is also a way to define themselves as superior to others morally, for example, they say they things they don't like are immoral, they things they do like, is moral. It i double standarded too, for example, the man can have as many wives as he wants, the woman only one.

Gay men are also thought of as weak mentally, not man enough, and physicially, want to be overpowered by another man.

I'm not too knowledgeable about lesbians but I cannot see why one wouldn't want a couple of wives under the right circumstances.

Poke
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 8:59 am

Henriksson wrote:
Poke wrote:
It all goes back to the fact that hunger and sexual desire are fundamental human urges.

Okay, so my use of the word "fundamental" may have been somewhat liberal. It is a tricky word.

But yeah, you're missing something. Something that most people think of as being fairly "fundamental."

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 6:00 pm

Sand wrote:
Perhaps it's because some straight people feel threatened by homosexuals in that they would persuade or force straights into homosexual performances.

Do they really think that? I've never seen homosexuals running around trying to recruit people..

Edit: some people to push that theory that everybody is actually bi to some extent or another.. like on the Kinsey scale.. but I don't think they're trying to force anybody to do anything. And when anybody is trying to force something, it's usually a straight guy trying to convince a girl that she's really bi and should get with a girl and let him watch. But the hate thing is usually more against gay guys.. :?

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 6:31 pm

Poke wrote:
Henriksson wrote:
Poke wrote:

Okay, so my use of the word "fundamental" may have been somewhat liberal. It is a tricky word.

But yeah, you're missing something. Something that most people think of as being fairly "fundamental."

'Kay, you better play some Asexy Bingo.

Poke
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 9:42 pm

That's cute, but I don't understand how it applies to my comment.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 9:51 pm

Henriksson wrote:
Poke wrote:

well, what is exactly fundamental?

I don't think is far out to say that sexual desire is a fundamental thing in many species for the purpose of perpetuating their own existence, I do believe that sexual desire is a key factor on the fact that species which reproduce sexually still exist for millions of years.

Nevertheless, sex is not fundamental for individual survival such as eating and breathing.

Quote:
'Kay, you better play some Asexy Bingo.

well, those comments which are called to be "ignorant" don't seem justified, however, wether that is "ignorance" or not is an issue, I know some people reject that such thing as asexuality in humans exists, usually from a biological standpoint, as I've heard some people denying it, in that regard, there would be alternative explanations, and well, alternative explanations being "ignorance" doesn't seem much to be always the case.

A comment or asking this question "How can an asexual person masturbate?" appears to make sense, given that masturbation is a sexual practice and related to sexuality, so I believe that can be a valid question.