Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 10:36 am

http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2009/10/0 ... rns-obama/

Sometime Wednesday night, the video was removed from YouTube. No word on who’s responsible for putting it there in the first place, or taking it down.

Here’s an ominous posting on YouTube from the “Patriot” crowd. It advises President Obama and other prominent people (“Our Dear Leader and co.”) to “leave now and give us our country back” and to do so by next week.

“If you stay,” the silent video message continues, “ ‘We, The People’ will systematically dismantle you, destroy you and reclaim what is rightfully ours. …

“We are angry and we are ready to take back the rights of the people. We will fight and We will win. …

“Dead line [sic] for your national response: October 15, 2009

“Thank you to all patriots who support our cause. … Be prepared for when the fateful day of the declaration of war is nationally announced.”

In August, The Southern Poverty Law Center issued a special report, “Return of the Militias,” documenting a resurgence of Patriot and extreme-right militia activity around the country.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 11:23 am

Send in the drones!

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 11:31 am

Southern Poverty Law Center should be classified as a terrorist group. :roll:

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 12:04 pm

zer0netgain wrote:

Yeah, how dare someone act as a non-profit to stand up against racism and call out the KKK and neo-nazi/neo-confederate groups for what they are! They should be hung from a tree.

:roll:

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

TitusLucretiusCarus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 12:20 pm

but fox news tolds me that the tal-e-bans is the only terrorists! how comes these here home grown terrorists is more dangerous? :|

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 12:42 pm

http://www.splcenter.org/news/item.jsp?aid=392

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 1:26 pm

skafather84 wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:

Yeah, how dare someone act as a non-profit to stand up against racism and call out the KKK and neo-nazi/neo-confederate groups for what they are! They should be hung from a tree.

:roll:

They take any group they don't like and demonize them without bothering to really know much about them. They have hated the "patriot" and "militia" movement and color them all by the few extremists out there.

I've met the founder of SPLC. He's a hypocrite. Represented the oppressive white man until laws were passed awarding massive amounts of money to those who represented people on civil rights issues. Then he had a "conversion" and founded the SPLC.

Their public face isn't all it appears to be.

EC
Toucan
Toucan

08 Oct 2009, 7:43 pm

They don't like black people, it's that simple.

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 7:49 pm

Surely there are some militia groups who have racist agendas, but I always understood them to be overall anti-government and renouncing the US government and citizenship is a crucial issue in joining.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 8:16 pm

There was similar rhetoric from some leftists during the Bush years. I don't see what the big deal is, just ignore the nutters and eventually they'll go away.

gamefreak
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2009, 12:07 am

Oh, that thing that Bush signed in 2001 that only violated 2 Amendments and destroyed the freedom of non-corporate (Middle-Class) america.

Oh forgot what Middle Class, I'll also add in the Working-Poor. We haven't had a big middle class since early on in Nixons administrations. (Kudos to FDR, Truman, Eisenhower and Kennedy.)

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2009, 1:15 am

gamefreak wrote:
Oh, that thing that Bush signed in 2001 that only violated 2 Amendments and destroyed the freedom of non-corporate (Middle-Class) america.

Oh forgot what Middle Class, I'll also add in the Working-Poor. We haven't had a big middle class since early on in Nixons administrations. (Kudos to FDR, Truman, Eisenhower and Kennedy.)

I thought the Patriot Act would have violated more than 2 Amendments? Let's count 'em up... 1, 4, 5, 6, 9, and 10 by my reckoning.