Anyone hate goverment and corporations out here?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

SaintStephen
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Nov 2009, 3:58 pm

Yeah, I have found that my true place where I fit would be that of the Anarchist collectives. People who except humans as such and nothing more. This may sound a bit drastic to some and fool hearted to others but I am compelled to care for those who have been oppressed such as I have. I may have experienced social oppression but others are starving and being drafted into wars when their 10, due to American policies. World Trade doesn't just make the Mexican weave your pants in sweatshops, it destroys the only pure thing on this earth, nature, and dumbs down our generation. Consumerism is what creates these social theocracies that we all hate so much. Because of the constant media we are exposed to thousands of times a day, corporate suits in board room tables draft how they are going to sucker droves of the new generation to buy things. Advertisement and false news is the death of our culture. In the 50s we had rock-and roll; In the 60s we had the hippy movement; 70s we had sabbath, the dead, led zep and tons of other great music that was the bands creation, not the producer's. In the 80s pop culture went to the money makers. Subcultures like punks arose and fell. 90s had grunge. 00s have the internet. The internet is so scared because it is open to anyone to create, speak and voice their views. Soon it too might be bought out.
Take a step back and look at all your problems, look at everyone's problems.
Poverty, Climate Change (it is real), Racism, Sexism, being looked at as a number, imperialism, the gender box, survival of the fittest, un-equal health care, it is all due to companies that stockpile funds and are created out of greed. Media tells us (and especially NTs) what to think, especially in social settings. "Oscar, your such a grouch, we hate you", the psychical ideal woman is unattainable, and same goes for the buff man, get a good job or your a failure. The american dream. and what happens when the big boys fail, we pay to bring them back up through bail-outs. they are out of control, they are our lords and we are serf with fancy shoes and big TVs.
This may all sound very drastic but its only going to get worse in the future, 1984 may be 2044. Don;t fool yourself, government and commerce are now one, look at the G20. It greatly upsets me that there is so much apathy towards our world that everyone thinks its impossible to fix it. Just open your eyes and ask why. I was walking out of the debt office the other day for my student loans and I looked up to the sky and asked why did I have to pay $700 in the next week. I saw a fighter jet fly buy in training, burning thousands of dollars of gas. :(

TitusLucretiusCarus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2009, 4:14 pm

second that

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2009, 4:51 pm

Corporation is the name of a form of business organization. It is an arrangement where the liability of the company is limited by the assets owned by the company. The personal assets of the principles and stock-holders cannot be touched in case of a tort or bankruptcy preceding. Without this limitation it would be very difficult to get people to invest in business with a large scope, market or income.

That being said, I am not fond of the influence that some business firms (usually the biggest and/or most strategic) have on the government. Large business firms have been bribing governments for favorable terms in taxation and regulation and they have bribed the government to acquire contracts. This is just plain wrong. The fact that it occurs is a measure how corrupt both some business and governmts are.

ruveyn

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2009, 5:07 pm

TitusLucretiusCarus wrote:
second that

Yes, your overall perceptions are quite good, and your facts are fairly straight.

Can you distinguish between "Nothing can be done about that!" and actual apathy?

People's needs can only be truly addressed effectively at the personal, one-to-one level, and we must disengage "the sytem" in order to re-engage our fellows at that specific level.