Monopolies, Superpowers and the fusion of the two.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

fidelis
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2010, 9:22 pm

I was thinking about how money has to go somewhere. Then people spend money to make money. That should balance it out some, but that doesn't appear to be the case anymore. Superpowers tend to have anti-trust acts in place to prevent monopolies. But this is within a country.

If a country has an unfair distribution of money, and practically a monopoly on a necessary product, the businesses within the country still have to compete, but a business in another country would have trouble catching up. This gives the country with the monopoly an advantage economically. There is nothing to prevent this.

My question is, what do you think will happen when this is the case?

Also, because this somewhat relates, Walmart has low prices because their labor comes from foreign sweat shops. This allows people to get things cheaper and help them selves survive the recession. Walmart then takes that money and pays for their foreign and domestic labor and executives. A lot of the stuff the Walmart employees buy is also from Walmart and goes back to the executives. The executives then invest more in foreign production. Does this make shopping at Walmart bad for the economy?

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2010, 4:45 am

My question is, what do you think will happen, as this is the case?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2010, 10:33 am

familiar with the term "race to the bottom"?